LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

What are the dimensions for the fmic core I had them but can't seem to find where I put it

31x9x2.5"

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The later version was adjusted to make more room for the brace but it's close. As for smog CA is very strict and without a CARB sticker it's "for off road only use".
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 5 weeks later...

I have a question. I have a RacerX installed, and lost a turbo seal. Is there any effective way to clean the core internally to regain the thermal effectiveness of the exchanger? If not, do you sell cores separately, and what is the price?

Thanks

I have a question. I have a RacerX installed, and lost a turbo seal. Is there any effective way to clean the core internally to regain the thermal effectiveness of the exchanger? If not, do you sell cores separately, and what is the price?

Thanks

Email me at racerxengineering@hotmail.com and I can help you out.

Bryan

• 4 months later...

Hey, everybody. It's hard to believe that all this started 7 years ago and we are still around. I would like to thank you all for the support over the years. I just hope I have been an asset to the community.

Bryan

05LGT happily running RacersX for 40k plus daily driving, not one leak ever! only pain in the ass was having to remove upper pipe to do a battery a while back. Bryan hooked me up 2 years ago when I went from LGT turbo to STI style outlet and shipped me over the adapter since I couldn't find the one that came in the original purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

I could use a little help from anyone that has installed the new version of the hot side pipe on an 05 lgt. The way it cuts back I can't find anyway to get it to fit with the stock airbox without pushing in the radiator fan shroud. Should I just trim more around the front of the pinch weld to where it goes completely between the fan shroud and engine.

In the pic you posted when you released them it looks like yours fits still to the right of the fan shroud but I'm wondering if you are installing it on a slightly different model of if thats because you have a aftermarket air filter box.

I kept getting a missing security token error when trying to post pics so I just made an imgur album. http://imgur.com/gallery/SyUlW

If you are talking about what I think you are. You can trim in the front and back where the pipe comes up and around the frame to get the pipe further up and can n the right position. May also remove the electric fanwire from it's clip for more room. Email me your picture and I should be able to walk you through it. Racerxengineering@hotmail.com.

Bryan

I meant to say send a picture, not purchase. Dumb spell check and me not proof reading. Lol

forgive me if it's been discussed, but I picked up an RX FMIC and haven't tried to install it (currently building motor) but a quick mock up with the core seems like it's gonna be tight between the bumper beam. Do you install it from the bottom or kind of rotate it through the top?

You have to remove the beam put on the core then re install the beam. It's in this install thread along with pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for all the support of the years. We are out of stock at the moment but, will have more ready by the end of April.

• 1 month later...
I'll be picking up a new kit second hand and hopefully installing it either this weekend or next. Hope to not run into any issues installing it onto an 05. Anybody close to long beach/L.A care to lend a hand? I'll provide food and drink of your choice!

• 1 month later...

Archived