LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Pm me your info

Ugh, my hot side did NOT want to go together. I finally manhandled it so all the pipes line up, roughly speaking, but they're all slightly off, and I'm worried one of the couplers is going to blow off or something.

Also, I think my kit had a 2.5" clamp missing. I used a worm-drive clamp for now, but is there any way either m sprank or itsme could send me a T-bolt one?

I'm still in the process of trimming the bumper skin, but I'll post impressions when it's all back together.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tightened everything up and all is well. I'm seeing about ~1psi less at peak and redline compared to stock presumably from extra losses from the larger core and additional piping.

I knew you'd figure it out!

DrSharp, I was not suggesting you were a mechanic or had superior mechanical skills. I was talking about your TENACITY.

RacerX is not an overwhelming install if the walkthough is followed. If you own a dremel and have done a brake job or oil change you already have the skills as this does not even need a torque wrench. (Admittedly, I did over-tighten the fook out of some of my clamps when I did a post-install adjustment on mine:redface:)

• I Donated
I have a minor boost leak (probably at the worm-drive clamp I'm using temporarily on the hot side of the core), but overall, it works. Is it just me, or is it louder when you build/blow off boost, even independent of my boost leak?

Anyone have an aftermarket undertray installed with this? My OEM broke recently and am looking to pick up the GTSpec tray or something similar. Since I had to trim the plastic tray to get it to fit, I was wondering how likely it would be that I would run into fitment problems.

I have a minor boost leak (probably at the worm-drive clamp I'm using temporarily on the hot side of the core), but overall, it works. Is it just me, or is it louder when you build/blow off boost, even independent of my boost leak?

I sent your clamp out monday. You should have it in a few days.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Before owning this car the extent of work I had done was oil change and spare tire change :lol:. I like to do things myself so that I know how to fix them myself and not be reliant on a shop that will half-ass things or joyride my car. Live and learn!

I gotcha... I'll check it just to make sure.

Oh also getting the stock airbox back in wasn't too much of a pain... after I broke a couple of tabs off and cut a few more :lol:

Hey I see you've been to AWDtuning for tuning...I would talk to Keith if you need some help. He's very good with helping over the phone if you are not super close to him. In fact, he helped me with a couple of things on this kit after I had it installed.

Hey I see you've been to AWDtuning for tuning...I would talk to Keith if you need some help. He's very good with helping over the phone if you are not super close to him. In fact, he helped me with a couple of things on this kit after I had it installed.

Yea, I think I"m going to make the drive for a retune soon. I'm getting awefully high advance timing at low rpm low throttle. Like 4th gear cruising at 2500rpm constant speed timing advance is 45+... it doesn't seem or feel right.

[edit]

OK, so it is pretty much confirmed... I will be getting retuned in about 3 weeks. Keith basically offered a discount since my mods haven't changed much. It is $175 (+gas to Dallas) for dyno retune + road check. :D

So, I will post back here with the following:

Both dyno graphs:

Stage 2 custom tune - 240/280 at the wheels

Stage 2 + intake and RacerX FMIC retune on same dyno and same tuner. I will dig up weather conditions from my first tune as well, it was the same time of year.

To be clear, I'm not really expecting much of any gains. It'd be nice to hit 250whp with this setup, but I don't expect it.

lol

without my fmic and perrin inlet i made 248whp and 29wtq. now i make 281whp and 360wtq

Same tuner, dyno, temp? What turbo? I have a feeling your turbo was limited by stock TMIC before the tune. RacerX can obviously handle MUCH more boost. I don't have that option with stock turbo :(

Regardless, very nice!

lol

same tuner, same dyno and the temp was about 65. i had an avo tmic after the dyno but i still wasnt satisfied...heres the funny part. its my stock vf40. my engine mods are avo panel filter,intake silencer delete,perrin afta maf tube, perrin turbo inlet,throttle body coolant line delete,forge unos mbc, RACERX FMIC lol, gfb bov,greddy up, invidia dp, x02 catback. its at 18.5 psi. been running the fmic for 3 months

Archived