LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this kit possible to fit with an 05 OBXT? I know the rear bumpers are different between the legacy gt wagon models and the OBXT, but I can't find any confirmation the the front bumpers are the same. Does anyone with a turbo OB have this kit?

I also read that the Canadian batteries were a bit taller earlier in this post... what dimension of battery is most suitable, and can it be removed once the cold side pipes are installed?

Don

The battery problem has been solved with the newer 2 piece coldside pipe. I have one install on aoutback and that person said that the bumper on the outback is differnt from the LGT. He said the outback has a extra lower part connected the bumper beam. He said it was easy to remove.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I think it's a metal part that runs along the bottom of the beam. I'm on my phone now when I get to my pc post more info or you can look in my 3rd group buy thread.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• 2 weeks later...
Sale is going great. Get yours kit while before sale is over. I have a few kits left and ready to ship. Thanks for all your support. Bryan

• 2 weeks later...
I have a 2008 Legacy Gt, how much an would one of these Fmic setups fit on mine? and would i have to Swap turbos?

It's $650 till the 15th after that it goes back to $699 shipped. No you don't have to swap turbos. The kit is made to fit stock LGT/'08+ WRX fitment turbos and the kit also comes with parts need if you want to swap to a Sti style turbo later.

Till trying to find a test fit car.

I did a test fit and my kit doesn't fit Fxt and and the '02-'07 WRX. Sorry.

I have the intercoolers made for my kits and they are good intercoolers. They are not cheap ebay intercoolers.

Just installed a v.3 (two piece) cold side pipe a few days ago on my car that has a v.2 RacerX FMIC. Added the flat low pro bolt to the timing cover at the same time as well. The regular bolt was very very close to wearing through on my original cold side pipe, think I got those switched out just in time.

It was a PITA taking the v.2 cold side pipe out (actually ended up hitting it with an axe twice to get it to drop out), but now I have the peace of mind knowing that a bolt won't be rubbing through one of the FMIC pipes, and that I won't need to remove my bumper if I need to replace the battery.

Yeah, itsme sold me his v.3 test fit piece.

I'm just about out of the kits I have on hand. I might get a couple of sets of the V.3 cold side pipes made. I'm going to place my order on Monday. Let me know if anybody wants them I can make a list. I'll get the price and make a list.

I know some people have cut their V.2 pipe and just added a coupler there, but makes much more since to have beaded pipes all around IMO. The v.3 pipe certainly goes in much more easily than the v.1 or 2 pipe does.

earlier versions cold side pipe FTL, note the axe lying there next to it :spin:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7802/pipe01.jpg

Archived