LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was for the lower can cover. I could not find them in black. But you can paint them, LOL.

In V1 and V2 the cam cover volt would hit the pipe. V3 has included a "break in the pipe and teh hump hose coupler. this facilitates easy battery removal as well as alleviates the bolt head hitting the pipe. now the bolt head hits silicone. But, it is still a good ideal to use the replacement bolt. Nothing can catch or tear on it.

Mike, any chance you can send me a couple of the new bolts?

What is the size of it? I may go searching also.

The one that was mailed out for free w/ the v1 kits was lost. Or should I say my engine builder lost it.

Thx,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I was wondering why Drew was asking you for RacerX parts instead of Bryan... Yet again taking care of customers above and beyond.

Hard to believe people still ask "Why should we buy from you?":lol:

RacerX + Infamous for the win. I am looking forward to my "MSprankized RacerX FMIC".

EDIT: ^not calling out Drew or Marky, just commenting on Mike's customer service. I have also experienced great customer service from Bryan!

^^ I'll do the same.

I pinged you first because I remember you are the one who sourced the bolts. I even asked for the size as I'm not bothered by hunting it down...no biggie.

I realize I didn't state it above but I'd like to think that you can go ahead and quote me a $ and I'm ok with it.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

No payment needed. I did source the bolts. Then I handed them all over to RacerX. The ones I have now are because I by the kits in bulk and resale them.

Both of you have bolts in the mail as of today. Keep your money. Refer a friend :)

All you had to do is PM me. I would have sent it to you for free. I have extras.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Spent $3.65 on chevy thermostat gasket + nuts and even washers lol. The nuts were M6 fine thread unless the hardware stored had them in the wrong bin (very possible). I just pulled one of the bolts out before I walked in the store.
lol

PROBLEM! I need some quick advice/input from you veterans out there. I got it put on tonight. It was not fun.

Driving home, I did a leak check (3/4 throttle in 4th) and it failed. Something 'happened' and the car stalled. I did notice alot of "whistling" during spool so I'm sure that I had a boost leak. The car hit about 15psi before whatever happened, happened. I popped the hood to check for a hose blown off, but everything seemed tight. Nothing was out of place and I didn't notice any vaccuum hoses off, although this was at 4am. So, I started it back up and it stalled again. After a few more starts, it idled ok, but would immediately bog down under load. It revs freely without load once its running. No CELs or anything of that sort.

lol

I had one connection pop loose. I fixed that and the car is driveable and will once again idle, but something still not right. I think I will go back and tighten all of the hose clamps. Pretty sure I'm still leaking. It sucks doing this for the first time without someone with some experience to lend a hand.
lol

...Pretty sure I'm still leaking. It sucks doing this for the first time...

Sucks. If you were local I'd have helped you install.:mad: Hang in there. If your weight reduction thread is any indication of your ability, you will get this one sorted and laugh about it after.

And hondakilla probably did a turbo replacement/upgrade - "stage 3ish" (how he ripped his inlet)

Sucks. If you were local I'd have helped you install.:mad: Hang in there. If your weight reduction thread is any indication of your ability, you will get this one sorted and laugh about it after.

Before owning this car the extent of work I had done was oil change and spare tire change :lol:. I like to do things myself so that I know how to fix them myself and not be reliant on a shop that will half-ass things or joyride my car. Live and learn!

just from moving and squeezing stuff in. they dont take much to rip because they become so fragile. if not your inlet def just loose clamps. make sure you really tighten down

I gotcha... I'll check it just to make sure.

Oh also getting the stock airbox back in wasn't too much of a pain... after I broke a couple of tabs off and cut a few more :lol:

lol

I initially didn't have my coupler tight on the passenger side of my IC and it blew off during driving. It took me 2 weeks to figure it out because I didn't want to pull the bumper. I've also had a vacuum line blow off the back center of the intake manifold.

• I Donated

Ugh, my hot side did NOT want to go together. I finally manhandled it so all the pipes line up, roughly speaking, but they're all slightly off, and I'm worried one of the couplers is going to blow off or something.

Also, I think my kit had a 2.5" clamp missing. I used a worm-drive clamp for now, but is there any way either m sprank or itsme could send me a T-bolt one?

I'm still in the process of trimming the bumper skin, but I'll post impressions when it's all back together.

Archived