LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can do $40 shipped. That is what it's costing me. if anyone wants one pm me. I can have them by the end of May. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

When would you like to know by?

Asap I'm having them made now and I need to know if I need more then 10 sets. I won't be able to order more until my next order of FMIC.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

100% in. I'd also like the v3 STI elbow and the timing belt cover bolt.

No problem I have the sti pipe and bolt ready to go. I posted it before anyone who has older version of my fmic I will send you the timing cover bolt and new sti type turbo pipe for free. I had enough made for everyone that bought my kit and I still have a lot. Boxed and ready to go. Just pm me. Bryan

I have an older version. Can I get these if I bought it new off someone else?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sure. You have my kit you can get one. Anyone that wants one make sure to include your shipping info when you use paypal. Racerxengineering@hotmail.com.

I know some people have cut their V.2 pipe and just added a coupler there, but makes much more since to have beaded pipes all around IMO. The v.3 pipe certainly goes in much more easily than the v.1 or 2 pipe does.

earlier versions cold side pipe FTL, note the axe lying there next to it :spin:

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7802/pipe01.jpg

Check your paypal I sent you some money back. Since now I can get them made and ship for @$40 I sent you a partial refund because your was used for test fits. Bryan

Check your paypal I sent you some money back. Since now I can get them made and ship for @$40 I sent you a partial refund because your was used for test fits. Bryan

Yeah I saw that, thanks alot man, you didn't have to do that. You are a top notch vendor :cool:. Appreciate you standing by your product and taking care of your customers.

So how much for the bolt and the two new pipes?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The bolt and the later sti pipe are free to anyone that has my kit(that's brought from me or second hand.) the the v.3 coldside pipes are $40 shipped. I have 10 pipes on order and the will be here in May. First come first serve bases. Bryan

Installed a kit on my '05 yesterday. Took about 5 hours working by myself, probably would've helped to have another set of hands.

The kit went together fine, the hardest part is screwing around with pop-its, the most time-consuming part is taking the bumper on and off and making slight adjustments to get everything lined up correctly. My core is centered, but slightly tilted. I'll mess with it more when I take the bumper off again to cut out that vertical piece in the opening.

Just finished the install with the 3rd version and it was realatively painless. With me and my brother we did it in roughly 2.30 hours but thats not including reinstalling the front bumper and bumper beam. Since the turbo comes in tomorrow I figured Id wait and make sure everything fits before reinstalling everything.

• 3 weeks later...
I have more kits coming in at the end of the month. I will now have FMIC kits for the '05-'09 Legacy GT, '08+ WRX , and now the new '08+ STi and with that a new option for Legacy GT owners with STi intake swaps.

Does the cold side sti intake manifold style pipe fit on the LGT kit if I swapped to a sti manifold? Or would I need to get the whole sti kit?

Just the last pipe that goes into the manifold. On me I might be able to help you out. Also I have 10 sets of the v. 3, 2 pcs lower cold side pipes coming in. PM me if you have a older kit and want to change the pipe. Bryan

• 1 month later...

I'm sure this has been said before, but watch out for those pesky ground bolts. The images below show a ground bolt on the passenger side wearing away at the RacerX FMIC pipe that connects to the passenger side of the intercooler and where I moved the wire after I removed the bolt.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/spec%20B%20Journal/RacerXgroundbolt001-1.jpg

Figure 1 - Picture of the offending bolt.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/spec%20B%20Journal/RacerXgroundbolt006-1.jpg

Figure 2 - Picture of the lower radiator support where I moved the ground wire after removing the bolt.

I'm sure this has been said before, but watch out for those pesky ground bolts. The images below show a ground bolt on the passenger side wearing away at the RacerX FMIC pipe that connects to the passenger side of the intercooler and where I moved the wire after I removed the bolt.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/spec%20B%20Journal/RacerXgroundbolt001-1.jpg

Figure 1 - Picture of the offending bolt.

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg313/civexsi/spec%20B%20Journal/RacerXgroundbolt006-1.jpg

Figure 2 - Picture of the lower radiator support where I moved the ground wire after removing the bolt.

Had to repair mine because the lower bolt on the drivers side timing cover went through.

Archived