LegacyGT.com

Racer X (itsme) FMIC install

itsme

Does anyone have the K&N Typhoon installed with this? I'm wondering how much cutting will be needed to allow the hot side piping through.

Yes. I run a K&N Typhoon with RacerX FMIC.

What cutting are you talking about? If you are talking about cutting away some of the extra metal its detailed in videos I posted waaaaaaaay back in this thread.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
without my fmic and perrin inlet i made 248whp and 29wtq. now i make 281whp and 360wtq

Now I have to ask, Stg2, only 18.5psi, and minimal mods... What dyno and where again?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

If I said a 94 Chevrolet Corvette or something like that, would it work? My experience is that half of them can't figure out WTF to do if you don't give them a year, make, and model.

94 Vette's have LT1 (GenII) small blocks in them with reverse flow cooling. Probably wouldnt be the same gasket.

Any tips on how to get rid of a boost leak at the turbo flange? At least I think that's where it is... I tried RTV -- maybe I did it wrong.

Figured you would end up having an issue after I spoke with you last week. I just made a gasket and topped it off with some RTV.

Works well and no leaks.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

• I Donated
I got the Mr. Gasket one. I no longer have the high-pitched hiss-whine, but I still have a different hissing sound. I torqued down the bolts pretty tightly. I'll datalog again tonight, but do people think I still have a leak?

I got the Mr. Gasket one. I no longer have the high-pitched hiss-whine, but I still have a different hissing sound. I torqued down the bolts pretty tightly. I'll datalog again tonight, but do people think I still have a leak?

Is it the hiss of a turbo, able to breathe better?:lol:

It could possible just be extra noise from the ic pipes. I know when I put my fmic, I got a lot more noise than I was used to.

OK, just got back from SF. I'll try to upload my overlayed dyno graphs tomorrow. On the new dyno chart it shows 256 whp/ 297 wtq but on another sheet (from a different run) it shows 254whp/306wtq. So I guess we'll call it about 15whp and 20wtq. Also, keep in mind that I also added a K&N Tyhpoon and a Perrin turbo inlet since the previous tune as well.

P.S. When we went to put my turbo inlet on, the stocker was torn. Thank goodness for precautionary mods.

lol

OK, just got back from SF. I'll try to upload my overlayed dyno graphs tomorrow. On the new dyno chart it shows 256 whp/ 297 wtq but on another sheet (from a different run) it shows 254whp/306wtq. So I guess we'll call it about 15whp and 20wtq. Also, keep in mind that I also added a K&N Tyhpoon and a Perrin turbo inlet since the previous tune as well.

There is still added lag with the FMIC. Several hundred rpm. Its by no means a deal breaker, but you will get additional lag.

P.S. When we went to put my turbo inlet on, the stocker was torn. Thank goodness for precautionary mods.

Typical that your inlet was torn. Ask anyone who has done a turbo swap and they will tell you that the factory inlet is easily destroyed. No big deal since you were ready for it. As for LAG with FMIC, it is a lot less if you had a bigger turbo AND after you drive for a big on the FMIC you will find that your driving has READJUSTED to the lag and powerband - as a driver you will anticipate your throttle input with just a few miles; NATURALLY!

I think its safe to say you are putting down 255whp and 301-302wtq. Similar numbers to what I did at stage 2 + racerXfmic. Adding a bunch of timing with the FMIC = moar power!

Keith also added some boost.

I was wrong about the lag... it must just be a seat-of-the-pants artifact... I dunno why it feels more laggy... maybe because I can hear the "whoosh" from the intake/fmic and I really want torque when I hear that, but I don't get it :lol:

Anyway, enjoy.

FMIC + Intake gets 2 thumbs up from me.

The "stock" numbers are only estimated based on what I've heard of stock LGTs on this same dyno. For reference, a stock 2009 STi put up 220 whp / 220 wtq on this dyno. The stg 2.5 hp numbers are just slightly low due to the conversion from printout to scanned image to excel data. In the processed data, I got 251 peak, but the actual number per dyno sheet was 256 peak.

Dynos.jpg.d68577971e7526780f39909333257e24.jpg

lol

Archived