LegacyGT.com

New quad tip muffler... stay tuned

lawl

Looks great, G :) - really too bad that there's so much trouble. :( Looks like Invidia has quite a bit of fine-tuning to do on this one.

G, were all your cuts from the same end of the passenger-side cross-over pipe? all from the end where that pipe connects to the passenger-side muffler, correct (and not from where it connects to the Y)?

I haven't opened mine, yet, and am assuming that the side connecting to the muffler portion would be the "male" end of that pipe, and thus is the target for trimming.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G, were all your cuts from the same end of the passenger-side cross-over pipe? all from the end where that pipe connects to the passenger-side muffler, correct (and not from where it connects to the Y)?

Thanks. All cuts were made to the crossover pipe male end where it goes into the passenger side muffler. That is the only pipe you can really trim without having to reweld etc...

^ Thank you for the confirmation - that's what I'd thought, but not having even pieced it together, yet, I wanted to pose the question. :)

That really does look great, G. It *really* makes me want to go out there tomorrow AM, and just hack away at this thing.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

finally got it adjusted at midas yesterday.

they ended up cutting off the donut flange on the stock downpipe and welded on a flat one. that pulled the CBE forward and helped it clear the car frame and bumper better. it also eliminated the ball-joint movement that was being created between the flat invidia flange and donut stock flange.

btw. My attempt to email invidia directly failed. apparently the contact us email on there website does not work since I received a delivery status notification 3 days in a row. Whats up with this? How do we contact them?

Midas guys were super cool and didn't charge me for any of the additional adjustments. they told me I've already spent enough on the exhaust. definitely earned my repeat business for all routine service :rolleyes:.

Hope all you guys had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to seeing how Invidia handles this situation.

^ Unknown RE: Invidia - apparently, they still maintain plenty of contact with both their Vendors as well as locals.

I'm sure it's a snafu, that either they've forgotten about their Internet contact (Rotora, for example, maintains a poor website, but their e-mail C/S is literally "hourly" responses), or there's been some kind of lapse in its maintenance.

Hopefully, our Vendors can act as our go-betweens, successfully.

Glad that your system is all adjusted - now, it's a matter of someone getting you compensated, properly!

So was able to get it on today after cutting a couple inches off the crossover pipe. Pics and video below. The first vid isn't that great in quality except for the end where you can hear me gas it a bit. On the second vid you can see how it sounds inside the car. Apologies for the lack of interesting footage as i have no way to mount the camera, but hopefully you get a sense of the sound inside the car. The passenger can did shift a bit after the drive to the outside, but i pushed it back. We'll see if that's an issue after every drive.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFTtDKUlhfE]YouTube- LGT -- Invidia Quad Tip Exhaust[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjV-PZKwonA]YouTube- LGT -- Invidia Quad Tip Exhaust[/ame]

46095288_Temp031.thumb.jpg.8fb8eb37da42fe955ba46b895018f7b3.jpg

1828668983_Temp032.thumb.jpg.56963f9b97c65b6166ec0b44c0292ae7.jpg

613511082_Temp033.thumb.jpg.b9809578ecef207f5396b04d99ba7ccb.jpg

1019245396_Temp034.thumb.jpg.b50ee3639eacb8321f70112257523690.jpg

1896334540_Temp035.thumb.jpg.797f68cdd7ea594baf214d55d0cb7ce2.jpg

387768087_Temp037.thumb.jpg.ffa27f2221216a596878a864eb6c86ca.jpg

76796812_Temp038.thumb.jpg.5ed2a7d5e2ec9ec5e40d42d4e8e4fe6d.jpg

935166769_Temp039.thumb.jpg.2e75e02ac2ba1445e1f3fdb6e5c8dcf8.jpg

682534722_Temp040.thumb.jpg.a5f81772e9e086320ec888e68005d446.jpg

^ I think painting the cans is definitely one that's personal-opinion - I would like to see that looks like, on this particular setup, but I definitely think that I'd still prefer the naked look, for these canisters.

----

Lookin' great, BCP ! Thanks for sharing!

We're almost identical except that I've got the factory rear wing and JDM side-spats. Looking at your car makes me want to get out there and do the install, now. :)

I think the cans need to be painted black, but looks good otherwise.

What speed were you cruising at?

Agreed on the cans, but it's SS so i'm not going through the trouble of doing it. I basically covered the Invidia sign that hangs from the Y pipe and called it a day.

I was going probably up to 50-60? it's not really noticeable at cruising speeds unless you get on it.

^ I think painting the cans is definitely one that's personal-opinion - I would like to see that looks like, on this particular setup, but I definitely think that I'd still prefer the naked look, for these canisters.

----

Lookin' great, BCP ! Thanks for sharing!

We're almost identical except that I've got the factory rear wing and JDM side-spats. Looking at your car makes me want to get out there and do the install, now. :)

Do eeeet. It's not like you're going to get a new pipe from Invidia anytime soon...

^ True.......

So, did you make any other changes, except chopping the cross-over?

^ True.......

So, did you make any other changes, except chopping the cross-over?

I did not. Ended up cutting about 3.5 inches from the pipe. One thing to note -- the easiest way to install the cans is to take off the inner (rear) hanger / mount from the car and attach it to the cans. Otherwise it'll be nearly impossible to put the thing together. I have Gmachine to thank for that little tip. :)

I love it at the stores in our area. Even if you are rightfully one of the first in line, everyone just glares at you like you shouldnt be there. I especially loved last year when I got a digital camera on sale at KMart. Got the last one, and everybody flipped. Then, the 2GB SD cards were on sale for like 12, I think. I had to make several attempts at getting over to their location because it was a popular spot for the elderly to hang out for some reason.

^ I've asked the same question in FredBeans's open thread.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126880

No reply just yet, but gotta keep in mind that we're only two days out from the holidays. :)

^ Me, personally, I'd give them (Invidia, not any of the end-Vendors) until the end of the month to at least say that they're coming up with a resolution for those who have purchased, but have not yet installed. I think that would be fair, so that they can get a fitment car in (which they'll have to work around that person's schedule), and test solutions.

For those who have already installed, I'd expect them to provide compensation ASAP - within the next two weeks. I think that's simply good business.

^ I've asked the same question in FredBeans's open thread.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126880

No reply just yet, but gotta keep in mind that we're only two days out from the holidays. :)

Yes, I Spoke with Invidia yesterday. They recieved & "re-fitted" the catback we shipped them back on a local LGT. They have come to the same diagnosis as the others that have installed this - 2.25" needs to be trimmed off of the cross over pipe on the passenger side. After doing this, fitment is great.

So here's the fix on our end: Since we have the entire supply of these catbacks that Invidia will have for some time, it would be quite costly for us to ship them all back, have Invidia cut them down, & re-ship them back to us - we ( Fred Beans Parts ) will pre-cut each unit in house before shipping them to you / our customers when you purchase.

If you have already purchased one from us & have not fitted / installed it yet & would like us to trim yours down, please contact us to arrange this.

If you have already purchased one from us & have fitted / installed it already & had to trim yours yourself, please contact us for compensation for your trouble / aggrevation.

In addition to all this, we are installing one of these this A.M. in our shop, so we will have more detailed information on the actual installation ( with pics )

Thank You for everyones patience & support!

Archived