LegacyGT.com

New quad tip muffler... stay tuned

lawl

Just emailed jetworld inc. which is the help and support email on invidias website.

Also copied Josh at import image racing since that is where I ordered the CBE from.

Hope this gets worked out. I don't want to ship this franken exhaust back. I'd prefer to just keep it and be compensated for all the cuts and welds that were required to make it fit properly

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys sorry to hear of the fitment issues..

I've purchased 3 invidia units so far for various other cars and all of them fit right with a little bit of adjustment. Such is the nature of the slip joints I suppose.

I'm going back in to get test fit and see what's up with the fitment. It's strange that the problems are of varying severities.

They're going to get to the bottom of this, and hope it gets worked out!

car for sale. PM me!

Invidia is a good firm, I'm sure they'll make right.

And we all know that FredBeans is *definitely* going to play in our favor. :) Those guys are *definitely* in our corner.

I'm sure that any issues will be properly resolved.

Thanks, lawl, for also undertaking the trouble for us! :)

---

I guess I'll hold-off on my install...but I definitely want to keep this unit. It looks nice, and I'd like to work through the troubles to get it right.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

pic's and video sound byte are taken. I'll try and get the pics up later today and the sound byte up as soon as possible. but that might not happen until after christmas.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5807.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5805.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5804.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5803.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5802.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/nwsurfwakeskate/IMG_5801.jpg

^ Thank you very much...for making my decision harder! :lol: I now can't decide if I just want to install as-is (I've got a few different cut-off tools...and a torch), or if I should wait 'till Invidia resolves the issue.

Given that you're in your BP, with the seats down, and it sounds like that, I'd imagine that it would be even quieter in my BL. I'm more than happy.

Looks really nice on your BP, BTW.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

haha yeah that's what I did. I was like screw it. I'm not waiting. I want it done now!

I'll post a video clip from outside the car tonight.

not sure if a torch is enough though. since its stainless I believe it needs to be tig welded. that's what they did at midas.

not bad either considering they quoted me $65 per weld and 2 welds. ended up being 4 welds but they only charged me for 2. I think it won't cost anything to get it straightened out on Saturday either since its still sitting a little bit closer to the drivers side. I think that might be a problem with the rubber exhaust hanger sliding around on the y-pipe hanger though. seems the exhaust goes back and forth between centered and rubbing on the outside of the drivers side bumper depending on how hard I've been cornering

stay tuned to see what they end up doing to fix it this coming weekend.

I gotta say I bought a Borla CBE from FBP's and had them install it and they are awesome!!! I will be going back to them for all my installs and parts, thats for sure.

Vin C

NYC

PS: After hearing that, the Borla and Invidia sound pretty similar. When I heard that i thought you were driving my car, lol.

not sure if a torch is enough though. since its stainless I believe it needs to be tig welded. that's what they did at midas.

I was hoping that I'd be able to cure any alignment issues simply by torch-heating and beating it. :redface:

Point noted, though - thank you for curing me of my stupidity. Perhaps I should truck this over to my buddy's house to do the install (his father is a professional welder, and, well, they've pretty much got *everything* in their garage :lol: ...I'm soooooooo jealous).

Better yet, maybe I should just sit tight.

I'm gonna have to sit on my hands, come Thursday, when I have some time off.

Again, thanks, bro, for treating us to an advance glimpse. :wub:

Last night i measured 49in from the edge of one tip to the other. That was with the unit put together on the floor. I just did a rough measurement of the bumper cutouts edge to edge........approx. 49in.

Gonna have some dinner then flip a coin to see if i feel like installing this.

Was planning on waiting till i got a downpipe.

Last night i measured 49in from the edge of one tip to the other. That was with the unit put together on the floor. I just did a rough measurement of the bumper cutouts edge to edge........approx. 49in.

Gonna have some dinner then flip a coin to see if i feel like installing this.

Was planning on waiting till i got a downpipe.

Heads or tails?

The crossover pipe i have is 24 3/4 in long.

I'm confirming this measurement on mine, too.

Sorry for being so late - first chance I got. :redface:

Who slipped me that 2 sided coin?!?!?:lol:

So far i am having similar issues as BCP,maybe not as severe. MY pipes went together fairly well. Trial install all joints off the car first!! This would be a curse fest doing this under the car.

1. hang Y pipe

2. hang driver side muffler into both hangers,then connect slip joint to Y.

3. install crossover pipe into passenger side muffler

4. install crossover/muffler assembly into Y pipe

5. raise muffler up to hangers and hook on

Thats the sequence i used to get mufflers up. With one big exception.

The crossover pipe is about 3/4 to 1 inch too long. IMO!!!!

The crossover pipe looks like it could be banged into the muffler inlet further,but after a few moderate hits the pipe was not moving. I don't want to force it in and then be stuck cause i can't adjust it anymore.

Thank you, G. :)

So, is the (early) consensus that Invidia could potentially ameliorate the significance of the problem by simply re-working the length of the passenger-side cross-over/extension pipe?

G, did you encounter any heat-shield issues like nwsurfwakeskate, or potentially require realignment via cutting-and-welding?

Thank you, G. :)

So, is the (early) consensus that Invidia could potentially ameliorate the significance of the problem by simply re-working the length of the passenger-side cross-over/extension pipe?

G, did you encounter any heat-shield issues like nwsurfwakeskate, or potentially require realignment via cutting-and-welding?

Showing off how smart you are again?:lol:

Not taking on the midpipe till i get the mufflers squared away.

Cut off another 1/2 inch. It's better but i may end up cutting off another 1 to 1.5 in. till i'm happy with it. Don't want to take too much off in one cut,so i will stick with 1/2 in cuts.

IMO the crossover pipe (that shipped with my kit) is at least 2inchs too long. Something else i noticed,though it may be related to the crossover fiasco. The inlet piping of the mufflers contact my AVO rsb bracket reinforcement. Either the situation will improve once i fix the pipe or i will have to grind off some of the bracket. Not putting this one on Invidia yet. It looks like it would clear the factory bracket.

Even with this problem i am not turned off on this system yet (crossing fingers,hoping midpipe is okay). The crossover is too long. Should be an easy fix for Invidia. Though you would think they would test fit an actual production kit once these rolled out of the factories.

Cut off another 1/2 inch. It's better but i may end up cutting off another 1 to 1.5 in. till i'm happy with it. Don't want to take too much off in one cut,so i will stick with 1/2 in cuts.

IMO the crossover pipe (that shipped with my kit) is at least 2inchs too long. Something else i noticed,though it may be related to the crossover fiasco. The inlet piping of the mufflers contact my AVO rsb bracket reinforcement. Either the situation will improve once i fix the pipe or i will have to grind off some of the bracket. Not putting this one on Invidia yet. It looks like it would clear the factory bracket.

Even with this problem i am not turned off on this system yet (crossing fingers,hoping midpipe is okay). The crossover is too long. Should be an easy fix for Invidia. Though you would think they would test fit an actual production kit once these rolled out of the factories.

I had zero problems with the mid and the y pipes.

Damm, can't believe you guys are having this kind of fitment issue.

I agree. I really wanted this exhaust but don't have the money atm. Plus I never heard back from FBP. But now I'm not even worried about it seeing as everyone is having a hard time with fitment. I think I'll hold off until a second batch gets out to vendors.

Showing off how smart you are again?:lol:

And I know how to poop in the potty, too!!!

WINNER!!!! :lol::lol:

Again, G, thank you for your continued updates. Actually, I'd been about to ask you what kind of cut-off tool you used - your pictures answered it.

BTW, after seeing your garage, I don't dare take a picture of mine. :redface:

I still don't understand the logic behind not following the OEM piping. Sound? Cheaper to manufacture with less bends?

I guess the Borla is piped the same way.

And I know how to poop in the potty, too!!!

WINNER!!!! :lol::lol:

Again, G, thank you for your continued updates. Actually, I'd been about to ask you what kind of cut-off tool you used - your pictures answered it.

BTW, after seeing your garage, I don't dare take a picture of mine. :redface:

I used a 4 1/2" angle grinder to trim the cross over pipe.

Midas used a sawsall ;)

awesome so this is what I get when trying to contact invidia. (sales@jetworld.com)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

sales@jetworld.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:

Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 452 452 <sales@jetworld.com> Mailbox size limit exceeded (state 14).

Archived