LegacyGT.com

New quad tip muffler... stay tuned

lawl

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So i have a stage 2 5eat with a catless sti up, catless invidia down, and agenct cbe. it is loud!! and I loooovvveee loud. im selling it thought to jump in to a guys stage 1 no exhaust cobb ap 5 speed. if i got invida q300 cb and the invidia catless down, is its going to be loud? thats what im looking for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed this exhaust on Friday. It is a V3 and the fitment is near perfect. Minimal adjustment of the exhaust itself, just hammered up the heatshield where the flex joint sits for a little more clearance, and left the hanger at the Y undone. Used stock rubber hangers at the mufflers and the tips are beautifully centered and don't move at all. I'm ordering up an extended length hanger for the one at the Y, but other than that this exhaust is great.

I'm running stock up and down pipes (stage 1) and during normal cruise you don't hear it at all. I drove 1.5 hours on the highway yesterday @ 65 mph with the back seats down and there was virtually no drone at all.

In summary, looks great, sounds great, doesn't drone (at least with the stock DP) and installs relatively painlessly. I couldn't be happier!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Anybody with the V3 version of this exhaust have any trouble with RSB fitment? I'm looking at a Whiteline, which on earlier versions had big problems with fitment. I'd rather keep the headaches to a minimum so thought I'd ask before I buy.

Anybody try any bars that you KNOW fit with V3?

• 2 months later...

So after a couple of years I figured I would give feedback on this exhaust(Invidia Q300 V1).

Fit and Finish:

After getting the exhaust fitment fixed so that it could stop burning my bumper it looks and sits quite nicely. It took some bending of the hangers.

The hangers on v1 were smooth so they basically slid out from the exhaust hangers(hangers used kartboy regular sized hangers). To fix that issue you will need rubber end caps and rubber cement or any strong glue with a stainless steel clamp at the ends to ensure they won't slide off... ask me how I how i know :(

The exhaust itself has now held up with two northeastern snow and salt barrages with almost NO rust showing aside from tiny pepper sized spots on the welds of the invidia advertisements which started falling off and i eventually ripped off since it began to rattle on those points.

Sound:

Paired up with a perrin catted downpipe this exhaust sounds pretty sweet. Always receive compliments and haven't had any issues with cops(knock on woood) about being loud and i live in an over zealous bored cop area. I had minimal drone before sound deadening now after putting sound deadening(doors, back bench, trunk and trunk lid) I hear an almost stock sound from inside the cabin. Windows down it is a different story. I love riding with my windows down pretty much for the exhaust note.

The Bad:

It burned my bumper not enough for anyone to really see it but if you look closely you will definitely see the burn marks. Luckily they are even on both sides so it looks like an enlarged cut out for exhaust reasons.

The invidia tags which were added on the tips started coming off and making rattling noises which i then removed and left small marks from the welds on the tips which no one can really see.

The most recent issue. My drivers side muffler has developed a rattle which makes me think if there are baffles inside the muffler they must have come loose. I don't hear it much past 2k rpms but from 1100-1400rpms and deceleration in that zone it is quite loud and sounds really cheesy. If any of you have experienced this issue please let me know if there is a fix. Imperfections like that kinda drive me insane.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

• 4 months later...

Hereby performing the thread resurrection ritual.

Yesterday I installed a V3 Q300 catback on my European '07 Legacy Wagon 2.0R.

I had / have some issues as described in this thread.

1. Flexible piece hits heat shield. Already made some more room, but it stil rattles when backing up my car. No big issue, but I'd rather have more clearance.

2. Passenger's side muffler hangs a little lower than driver's side.

3. Passenger's side muffler also sticks out 1 inch more than driver's side.

4. Passenger's side muffler clears 'rear bumper frame' by only 0.20". Might hit steel while driving.

Solutions:

1. Will do some more heat shield hammering, or I'll remove the heat shield altogether.

2. Tucked the passenger's side muffler by putting the outer hanger in the middle of the oem rubber.

3. Ordered a universal 2.5" flange + gasket. Will put that between y-pipe and Driver's side muffler, so driver's side muffler will stick out more too.

Since I own a wagon this looks better also.

4. Will try to adjust the hangers.

I have a question about the hanger on the bend that connects midpipe to y-pipe. How did you all stick the hanger through the oem rubber?

Did you push it in quite a bit, say, past the first bend? Or did you just stick the first bit of the hanger into the rubber. (I hope I make sence here.)

My quess is that fitting issues might have to do with the way you hang it in. :confused:

While my engine lacks a turbo, it still sounds great! (This was right after install.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2C5eVpaikA&feature=plcp]Invidia Q300 Legacy BP5 2.0R short revving test - YouTube[/ame]

:cool:

By the way; I've ordered myself one of these:

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Foto-EDKDB3Q3-G.jpg

If it fits (a bit of a gamble) I'll get 3 more. ;-)

Wagon exhaust cutouts are a bit bigger, so I have enough room to extend the tips in a classy way.

Archived