LegacyGT.com

2008 and 2009 owners: beware of bad internals

I'm not 100% about the pump, but the STi has slightly larger injectors.

No, it doesn't. The injectors are the same (04-06 STI and 05-06 LGT, and AFAIK it's also the case for the 07+ top feeds)..

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STi has always been top feed and slightly larger than LGT sidefeed. Also, the LGT is a relatively new platform. Compare to the WRX or FXT and then you've got mostly apples to apples.

Either way, the turbo and IC are different.

edit: If my memory serves me correctly, the STi was 550cc and the LGT is 520cc.. but then they went changed everything each year.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

STi has always been top feed and slightly larger than LGT sidefeed. Also, the LGT is a relatively new platform. Compare to the WRX or FXT and then you've got mostly apples to apples.

Either way, the turbo and IC are different.

edit: If my memory serves me correctly, the STi was 550cc and the LGT is 520cc.. but then they went changed everything each year.

Mr. Weiner Expert is consistently wrong. USDM 04-06 STI are side feeds. The injectors are the same, they were just scaled differently in the ECU (520 vs. 550).

They added the air pump and dual AVCS. forgot about that

Eh, no. 07 STI also has air pump. Dual AVCS came in 08. 07 has different heads and compression. 07-09 LGT shares longblock with 06-07 WRX.

where do the oil pump issues come into play?

and why is it no one has pics of this stuff that is going on?

i'm going to see what I can do about getting some pics. (oil starvation issues/oil pump failures bypass valves sticking etc)

Ok, so without re-reading this whole thing, there was some discussion a simple air filter and/or muffler would render the engine harm if driven 9/10ths. I pulled up hard on plans for both until I got to thinking about it last night. I just want someone to confirm that's true. It doesn't ring right to me that a manufacturer would cut it that close. It is important to me since I do run hard up a mountain. And, I intend to keep this another five years and 60K miles. I do know turbos are more finicky, but geesh, an air cleaner and muffler change??? Help me understand this....

Eh, no. 07 STI also has air pump. Dual AVCS came in 08. 07 has different heads and compression. 07-09 LGT shares longblock with 06-07 WRX.

according to Cars101.com, compression ratio is the same across all 2.5T's for each model year

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

according to Cars101.com, compression ratio is the same across all 2.5T's for each model year

cars101.com is ridden with inaccuracies. FSM contains correct info.

06+ WRX and 07+ LGT have 8.4:1 compression ratio, vs. 8.2:1 on 04-06 STI and 04-06 LGT.

So the cars do share some of the same parts? I though they were different.

it's hit or miss. some are the same parts ... and other parts are different. like oil pumps... the 09 sti has a different part number than the 09 lgt

weird stuff i tell ya

cars101.com is ridden with inaccuracies. FSM contains correct info.

06+ WRX and 07+ LGT have 8.4:1 compression ratio, vs. 8.2:1 on 04-06 STI and 04-06 LGT.

So...

05 LGT and STi are 8.2:1 (no 2.5T wrx)

06 LGT and STi are 8.2:1 (first year 2.5T WRX, you say 8.4:1)

07 LGT, WRX, and STi are 8.4:1

08 LGT, WRX, and STi are 8.4:1

The only one that's not the same per model year is the 06 WRX which you say is 8.4 while the others are 8.2... I think that's wrong. And there isn't a USDM 04 LGT

So you repeated what I said but in a different way that made it look like I was wrong. So basically you don't really know either, you're just using a different source than me that may or may not be any more accurate.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived