LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What kinda drop is that? Also who is rolling your fenders? you, a good body shop, or someone else ... like a friend or soemthing? Might go with a similar set up but not coilovers.

For info on my drop see above. For my frenders I might have a friend on the MR2 board roll them for me if he has time. If not I'll prob pay a local shop to do it.

93turbo2,

Do you think that there would be rubbing issues with your set up (235/40/18 and 18X8.5) on stock suspension?

I have a stock 2.5i and I want to get these, but I want to avoid rubbing or fender rolling...

Also, I may get suspension upgrades later on...do you have any recommendations on springs that possibly wouldn't have issues with these rims

Sorry forgot to answer the second part of your question, I'm lowered on Tein basic coilovers.

Cool, thanks. Did you weigh the wheels at all? There doesnt seem to be any info on the weight of these...

93turbo2,

Do you think that there would be rubbing issues with your set up (235/40/18 and 18X8.5) on stock suspension?

I have a stock 2.5i and I want to get these, but I want to avoid rubbing or fender rolling...

Also, I may get suspension upgrades later on...do you have any recommendations on springs that possibly wouldn't have issues with these rims

Def. go with suspension up grades first it will give yoi more wheel options down the road. And Yes they will rub on stock struts I only have about .5 in clearance between coilover and the tire. This is just an estimate i havent really measured and this is the widest and lowest offfset I would run as a dd.

Cool, thanks. Did you weigh the wheels at all? There doesnt seem to be any info on the weight of these...

Sorry I didn't get a chance to weigh them but I think Dan said they were inline with the gforce so about 21lbs I think.

I think the +48 offset is what saved you from having to roll the fenders.

+1 the 48 offset saved you from having to roll your fenders. If you slam it, then thats a different story, but most of us won't go that route on a dd.

Do you rub in the front at all? when taking hard left/right turns?

Yeah I do, I just raised the front a bit to see if it still does, I'm on a stock alignment at the moment and it seems ok for now. I'll let you know as i do more driving on it. Still need to roll the rears, I left the rubber in to minimize the cuts in the sidewalls.

More picccsss!!!

Sorry, had a busy weekend so I don't have any other pics at the moment. Got my fenders rolled today and no more rubbing, there might be some rubbing on a hard turn but I don't really hear it. Hopefully I'll have some new pics in the next couple of days.

Yeah I do, I just raised the front a bit to see if it still does, I'm on a stock alignment at the moment and it seems ok for now. I'll let you know as i do more driving on it. Still need to roll the rears, I left the rubber in to minimize the cuts in the sidewalls.

Had my fenders rolled today and that definitely helped with all the rubbing issues. The front doesn't seem to rub anymore as well due to raising my coilovers by 2 threads and the rolling. :)

Archived