LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

I have a strong feeling that rolling as a minimum will be needed. I have 18 x 8.5 volks in the same offset, 44, and I will definitely need at least a roll front and rear. Maybe some more negative camber as well.

225 wide tires maybe you can get away without a roll, but to me, there is no point in getting 8.5" wheels if you are only going to put a 225 on them, might as well go with a 7.5" wide wheel in that case. I guess I am more of a function over form person. I would try to squeeze a 255 on there, imo...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a strong feeling that rolling as a minimum will be needed. I have 18 x 8.5 volks in the same offset, 44, and I will definitely need at least a roll front and rear. Maybe some more negative camber as well.

225 wide tires maybe you can get away without a roll, but to me, there is no point in getting 8.5" wheels if you are only going to put a 225 on them, might as well go with a 7.5" wide wheel in that case. I guess I am more of a function over form person. I would try to squeeze a 255 on there, imo...

yeah I'd put atleast 245/35's on and try and put a 255 on

What! No stretched out tire love? :lol:

I think 235 is the minimum width on 8.5" rims.

What! No stretched out tire love? :lol:

I think 235 is the minimum width on 8.5" rims.

no stretched out love for me!!

I think the minimum width is 225 if you have a 225 tire with a pretty wide contact patch. otherwise a 245 would fit it nicely, a 255 would be the upper limit.

pffft...if tire rack sold the sumitomo htr z2 in 245/35 thats what id be puttin on :mad:

x2. I am in the same boat. I wish they sold the Dunlop Star Specs in a 245/35/18. I went with the Kumho Ecsta XS instead in a 245/35/18. Should fit nicely though.

Can't we get Rota to make them in a more LGT and other subaru model friendly offset?

I like the look of these wheels but always balked at them because the originals were not as wide at I liked. *sigh* I just need to pick up my Advans and be done with wheel watching:lol:

How so? From most 225/40/18 tire specs it allows a range of 7.5" to 9"

that's all based off the vehicles weight and the camber settings that you have. If you have a light car with 0'd out camber you'll be fine. If you have a LGT with 8.5 rims and 225's your bound to even at being 0'd out cause damage. My 18x8's with 225's show tire damage just around the rim edge from the tire taking the abuse from the road instead of the rim. I'm going to go back to 235's or maybe 245's once I need tires again.

I had 18x8 Rota P45F's w/ 225/45/18's and they looked stretched. You need at least 235 for 18x8+

I have 235x40 on Rota's 18x8 and they look 'just' right... 225 is a bit too narrow for the wheel set I got, just my personal opinion...

Also, with my setup no rubbing and no rolling either, just so you all know....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived