LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

The more important question is... do they clear Brembos or other BBK's?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Subscribe for someone to put them on their leggy....

Those wheels are t3h sex. Torques are gonna be winter rims down the road, and those will be for Summer. :)

Great combination, I looked at the original ones but couldn't justify the $$$ needed for them, so I settled for Tarmac III's....

Maybe when mine are worn (probably another 3-4 years) I will jump on these... :spin::spin::spin:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

So I was thinking.....

If the offset for these is a couple millimeters too much, couldnt you safely machine 1,2 maybe 3mm off the back of the wheel to bring it in some? Of course, you have to make sure there is enough meat back there, and you will clear suspension.

But, its a possibility...

I don't know many people with access to the equipment needed to do machining like that.

I had a friend do that on some BMW Alpina wheels. It worked fine but depends heavily on the design of the wheel. Any decent machine shop should be able to it.

I really think someone should just contact Rota about a non GR ,other Subaru model friendly model fitment.

Sent this to the NA distributor. Hopefully either they can give a response or pass it on to someone who can.

I'm a member of a quite large forum in http://legacygt.com/?. Recently, pictures and details were posted of the Rota Gravel. While these will fit our cars as they feature the correct 5x100 bolt pattern, many members are interested in a less aggressive fitment. Something in an 18x8 with a 48-49mm backspace as compared to the offered 18x8.5. And possibly a 17x8 for those in areas prone to bad road maintenance. An 18x8 will also fit on vehicles like the Outback and Forester, both groups showing interest in wheels of this style. In just over a weeks time, many members have expressed interest in both these and a less aggressive fitment so fender rolling and rubbing issues can be avoided while still achieving the same look. We were curious if there were any plans to release these in any other size options in the future. Here is a link to the exact thread where they are being discussed.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118354

Thanks in advance.

If more people want it they should all send them an e-mail. It might not work, but they're more than likely going to take action if the demand comes from more than just one person.

Good work Bolksey!

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I had 18x8 Rota P45F's w/ 225/45/18's and they looked stretched. You need at least 235 for 18x8+

On my 17x8 torques...225/45 look perfect IMO. I think you guys (and gals) need to consider the tire your using...they are not identical between brands.

These are nice and if they we're 17x8 I'd be interested in making a switch.

IMG_HB3.thumb.jpg.9b77252ad4969e854e60e86f2debd540.jpg

IMG_HB4.thumb.jpg.ddb36977e1acd359b14b85eb584d3795.jpg

IMG_HB5.thumb.jpg.91a77435f432f539a45b947a6e822eb8.jpg

I really dont see the issue with the offset and size. If anything its perfect, my 19's are the same exact width and offset while I had rubbing issues, my car is probably 3-4 inches lower than stock. Most people have a two finger gap with their coilover/spring setup, thats plenty for it not to rub. Like suby dude stated I really doubt they will make a 18x8 wheel right after they made a 18x8.5 wheel, if anything a 17x8 is next. And thats something I would like to see and buy.

On my 17x8 torques...225/45 look perfect IMO. I think you guys (and gals) need to consider the tire your using...they are not identical between brands.

These are nice and if they we're 17x8 I'd be interested in making a switch.

Are your wheels in Hyper Black?

Archived