LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
who rolled ur fenders? im about to put the same setup on my car.

A friend of mine from MR2oc, he helped me part out my deuce when I totaled it. He did a pretty good job on it, still cracked the paint under the fender but that's bound to happen anytime you roll them.

damn....this offset is killing me right now....so this might be redundant, but can anyone help a noob out?

I have just ordered a set of RCE Tarmac 1's and now am going back and forth on whether or not I should get this wheel or just stick with my pre-gravel, friendly offset favorite the 18x8.5 G-force (the main issue is I don't have the money for a shop to roll the fenders, adjust camber, etc....im a college student >.<).

What exactly must I do with the Tarmac 1's to make this thing fit? Looking at your posts 93turbo, I can't get past the difference between the last two set of pictures u posted....in the nightime shots the wheel looks like it's 10" wide....why does it look like this when in your original post-fender rolling pics the wheel looks near flush with the fender? Please excuse me if this is a stupid question....im a n00b.

damn....this offset is killing me right now....so this might be redundant, but can anyone help a noob out?

I have just ordered a set of RCE Tarmac 1's and now am going back and forth on whether or not I should get this wheel or just stick with my pre-gravel, friendly offset favorite the 18x8.5 G-force (the main issue is I don't have the money for a shop to roll the fenders, adjust camber, etc....im a college student >.<).

What exactly must I do with the Tarmac 1's to make this thing fit? Looking at your posts 93turbo, I can't get past the difference between the last two set of pictures u posted....in the nightime shots the wheel looks like it's 10" wide....why does it look like this when in your original post-fender rolling pics the wheel looks near flush with the fender? Please excuse me if this is a stupid question....im a n00b.

Well, my wheels are the same dimensions and offset with tire size 245/35/18. I had to do a few things to get it to all work without rubbing.

1. I had to have my rear fenders rolled, I found a place that charged 40 bucks per side, so 80 all together for that.

2. I have coilovers, I had to raise my ride height so that I have about a 1 finger gap all around now.

3. I had to give a decent amount of negative camber up front, I would say it is somewhere between -1.5 and -2.0 degrees. My coilovers have camber plates so that was a quick fix for me.

4. I did a slight pull of my fenders up front, I used the narrow end of a baseball bat and raised the car a bit, wedged it between the tire and fender VERY CAREFULLY pulled/pryed little by little to get the fender a few millimeters farther away from the tire.

When the car is raised and you try to "eyeball" how the wheel will sit in the wheel well, it looks as if it is going to stick out pretty far. When the suspension is compressed everything will do this, not as exaggerated of course: /----\ so this size wheel and offset will work, it just takes a few tricks to make it work. g/l

very informative, thank you

I may just end up going with the g-forces as I will be switching wheels/tires when the winter starts...sucks that they have to throw this beautiful wheel in front of me and I can't buy em without the hastle of having to roll fenders, adjust camber (budget is so tight I can't afford the camber plates), etc.

maybe by the time I have enough money to spend on mods again, there will be a more friendly offset/width for this wheel...gawd its pretty

Well, my wheels are the same dimensions and offset with tire size 245/35/18. I had to do a few things to get it to all work without rubbing.

1. I had to have my rear fenders rolled, I found a place that charged 40 bucks per side, so 80 all together for that.

2. I have coilovers, I had to raise my ride height so that I have about a 1 finger gap all around now.

3. I had to give a decent amount of negative camber up front, I would say it is somewhere between -1.5 and -2.0 degrees. My coilovers have camber plates so that was a quick fix for me.

4. I did a slight pull of my fenders up front, I used the narrow end of a baseball bat and raised the car a bit, wedged it between the tire and fender VERY CAREFULLY pulled/pryed little by little to get the fender a few millimeters farther away from the tire.

When the car is raised and you try to "eyeball" how the wheel will sit in the wheel well, it looks as if it is going to stick out pretty far. When the suspension is compressed everything will do this, not as exaggerated of course: /---- so this size wheel and offset will work, it just takes a few tricks to make it work. g/l

:whore:

If you do all of the above you can have them fit great. I have yet to do adjust my camber in the front, I've been busy and can't seem to find time to do it hopefully this weekend.

I think the reason why my wheels in the nightime shots look like they're wider then they really are is due to the fact that I had to temporarily raise my ride height in the front so I wouldn't rub so bad without the alignment being adjusted for negative camber. I'm sure the shadows and angle played a role in it as well.

I wonder how they'd look on an Outback...
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
A 225/40/18 isn't recommended for an 8.5in wide rim.

I've run 225's on several 8.5" wheels, and never had a problem. It's not ideal, but most people wouldn't notice.

These are Kumho Ecsta MX 225/40R18 on 18x8.5" SSR wheels...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y249/danhurwitz/Legacy/Wing/Frontcorner.jpg

Oh, and we have Rota Gravels in stock. :)

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

I wonder how they'd look on an Outback...

+44 on the fender-flared OBXT would look killer, considering that stock is +48. +50 on the LGT wagon looks great to me (compared to the +53 or +55 stockers). Tires are 245/40R17 FK452s.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/2009%20XXX%20Italian%20Car%20Show/MauiJim1.jpg

(photo credit: Spoonwacker!)

:lol:That's why somebody googled "issaquah maui jim subaru" to find my page ;)

I agree that these would be awesome on an OBXT...and they could better live up to their "gravel" moniker. What I'm saying is Tracer should get some for his wife's OBXT :icon_twis

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Thanks guys, I was just curious because mine is wider than a regular Legacy wagon.

Now if only they were available in the same color as on the blue wagon, I'd be sold.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Well dang it.

Anyone need a kidney?

What tire size is the question. 245/45/18? Who makes a good A/S in that size? I was thinking the Goodyear Eagle GT?

I thought the new Gravel only comes in 18"? :confused:

+44 on the fender-flared OBXT would look killer, considering that stock is +48. +50 on the LGT wagon looks great to me (compared to the +53 or +55 stockers). Tires are 245/40R17 FK452s.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/Spoonwacker/2009%20XXX%20Italian%20Car%20Show/MauiJim1.jpg

(photo credit: Spoonwacker!)

Archived