LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now that I took a 2nd look, it's perfect fitment IMO. It's not hella flush with the stretched tire look, it's clean flush lol, which I like even better. I might consider these over the 18x8s. What camber are you running?

Now that I took a 2nd look, it's perfect fitment IMO. It's not hella flush with the stretched tire look, it's clean flush lol, which I like even better. I might consider these over the 18x8s. What camber are you running?

I'm running -1.75 in the fronts and -.8 in the rears. You could probably go -1.5 and not have any issues with rubbing. I just wanted to be sure i more clearance incase i decided to lower it a tad more up front.

Yup like N.sane said, they are Gun Metallic and I love them.

Good! Too dark for my tastes, so I'm glad they aren't Hyper Black!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

no modifing is needed for the new set of wheels? might be able to get a set in november. woohoo

With the 18x8 +48 fitment you will not have to do any modifications with most tire sizes. An ideal tire size is 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 (May require rear fender rolling depending on the tire model & if the car is lowered).

DIBS ON the first set of GUN METALLIC!! PM me when you get them and i will have the money in seconds.

Hehe sounds good! I added you to my contact list for the Gravel in 18x8 +48, once this model arrives I will shoot you a PM :cool: We are taking pre-orders though so it might be a good idea to reserve a set if you are really set on getting these ;)

Any idea on the price of these?

I do have pricing however I don't feel comfortable posting pricing outside of the vendor sale section (Forum rules). Feel free to PM me for pricing info and also pre-order/order info.

Hehe that's why we will be offering two fitments ;) 18x8 +48 for a standard bolt on fit that requires no modification and a slightly more aggressive 18x8.5 +44 fitment (requires rear fender rolling).

Lowered back to the original height when I first got the Gravels and no fender roll. Had some time today and got the car aligned hosed it off real quick. I should have some better pictures up after the weekend.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1311.jpg

The car looks amazing Brian! I'm glad you are liking the Gun Metallic Gravel's, they look great :cool:

-Dan

Email:Sales@WheelDude.com

Phone:510.651.2956

AIM:WheelDudeSales

Paypal:Sales@SubyDude.com

I'm running -1.75 in the fronts and -.8 in the rears. You could probably go -1.5 and not have any issues with rubbing. I just wanted to be sure i more clearance incase i decided to lower it a tad more up front.

Is it possible to get these allignment specs with struts or will this only work with Coilovers? I love the agressive fitment but not sure if I could get it to fit properly with the Bilstien/Spring combo I have currently on the car.

Hehe sounds good! I added you to my contact list for the Gravel in 18x8 +48, once this model arrives I will shoot you a PM :cool: We are taking pre-orders though so it might be a good idea to reserve a set if you are really set on getting these ;)

Send me all he info for them and how to reserve the set. I want the GUN metallic. Let me know and i will send the money ASAP. Thanks for doing this, you are my hero

Is it possible to get these allignment specs with struts or will this only work with Coilovers? I love the agressive fitment but not sure if I could get it to fit properly with the Bilstien/Spring combo I have currently on the car.

I'm pretty sure your going to have clearance issues with the springs andd struts, with the coilovers you minimize the diameter of the spring seat (forgot the correct terminology for it) so you won't have that part rubbing the inside of your rim/tire. Imo you should just get a less aggressive wheel setup if you love that strut and spring combo.

Some pictures from my trip to Monterey this past weekend.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1331-1.jpg

17 Mile Drive/Pebble Beach

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1403-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1425.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1384.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/Rota%20Gravel/DSC_1385-1.jpg

I totally forgot to put on my custom STi center caps before I left, so I'll have to do that some other time after I wash and detail the car again.

Send me all he info for them and how to reserve the set. I want the GUN metallic. Let me know and i will send the money ASAP. Thanks for doing this, you are my hero

I replied to your PM :) I also included some more pictures showing the various colors ;)

Im interested in hyper silver? Subydude, will you do a group buy on this when the size of the ones for the +48 will be out?

Replied to your PM :) I do have another forum member interested in Hyper Silver :cool: As mentioned, with enough interest we will special order other colors and Hyper Silver is going to be one of those colors ;)

Yeah . . . I was going to ask what you guys with these rims were going to do about center caps. Thoughts?

The Rota Gravel's do come with a full set of Rota Daytona caps. This is a flat cap that our customers will often modify by removing the Rota logo. Once the logo is removed you are left with a flush color matched cap (you can leave the cap blank which looks awesome and or apply an STi logo ;) )

-Dan

I'm pretty sure your going to have clearance issues with the springs andd struts

Incorrect. The strut spring seat sits ABOVE the tire, not beside it. You will NOT have any clearance issue with the strut with +44 or +48 offset, even with up to a 255 width tire.

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Thanks for the info Dan, my concern is not so much rubbing on the strut, but with the 44 offset will I be able to get enough camber front/back so that they do not "poke" out of the wheel well if I run a 235 tire on the 8.5 et44 rim?

Thanks for the info Dan, my concern is not so much rubbing on the strut, but with the 44 offset will I be able to get enough camber front/back so that they do not "poke" out of the wheel well if I run a 235 tire on the 8.5 et44 rim?

Looks okay on 93turbo2's car...

What tire is that?

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

I've seen Mauijim's in person and it is by far one of these best looking styles out and these gravels do look dead on to those JDM's. I dont know everything about the JDM's but I do know they offer them in both 17's and 18's, the STI Forester ran a different size then the LeggySTI there for you have 17's + 18's. I dont know which ones had the larger ones, I think MauiJim said he had the 17's from a forester??

Looks okay on 93turbo2's car...

What tire is that?

--Dan

Mach V

FastWRX.com

Yes they do, I thought he was on coilovers, if not and he is riding on a spring/strut combo they do fit great. Does he have camber plates or just striaght-up struts with drop springs. Again, thanks for the info.

EDIT: Looking back a few pages I believe 93turbo2 is on coilovers and has the ability to dial in the needed camber front and back. Hopefully someone is brave enough to try the 8.5's on a bilstein spring strut combo and see how it fits.

With the 18x8 +48 fitment you will not have to do any modifications with most tire sizes. An ideal tire size is 225/40/18 or 235/40/18 (May require rear fender rolling depending on the tire model & if the car is lowered).

-Dan

For us wagon lovers, the widest (tallest) tire combo you can get without rolling your fenders, etc is 235/40/18 on a 8+48 rim...

Not sure on 44 though, but assuming it would be a push with that setup!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Yes they do, I thought he was on coilovers, if not and he is riding on a spring/strut combo they do fit great. Does he have camber plates or just striaght-up struts with drop springs. Again, thanks for the info.

Brian (93turbo2) has Tein Coilovers with a 235/40/18 Falken FK452 tire. He does have camber plates in front and so he is able to easily adjust his camber. As mentioned, his rear fenders have been rolled to avoid rubbing.

For us wagon lovers, the widest (tallest) tire combo you can get without rolling your fenders, etc is 235/40/18 on a 8+48 rim...

Not sure on 44 though, but assuming it would be a push with that setup!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

The 18x8.5 +44 fitment is definiately an aggressive setup on the LGT and does require rear fender modifications to fit properly with a 235/40/18 tire. If fender rolling is not an option, the 18x8 +48 fitment is highly recommended.

Here's an example of the Rota Grid's (exact same 18x8.5 +44 fitment) with 255/35/18 tires. It looks amazing but to achieve this fitment fender work is a must

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/binarystorm/small10.jpg

-Dan

Archived