LegacyGT.com

Rota Gravel - JDM Enkei STI replicas!

N.sane

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh man...

I'm going to start saving my nickels and dimes for these. Anyone out there have experience with 18x8.5 +44 on the lgt and lowered? What tires?

I remember Discowagon had 18x8.5 +44 Volk CE28 on his Spec.B. He was lowered with coilovers and had to use 225/40/18 to avoid rubbing.

If you have a mild drop I'd try to fit some 235/40/18. Or roll your fenders lol

I remember Discowagon had 18x8.5 +44 Volk CE28 on his Spec.B. He was lowered with coilovers and had to use 225/40/18 to avoid rubbing.

No fender rolling for me. 225/40/18 would be acceptable, though.

Disco's problem was he had originally put on 245/40/18's on the wheels and rubbed in the back. He then switched to 235/40/18 and was fine.

He now rocks like 265's on his STI. :spin:

^Thanks for the correction

mattg, no info on weight has been posted yet. I'm sure WheelDude will post specs once he gets them mounted on a car for a photoshoot like he usually does lol. I'm guessing 19-20lbs based on Rota Grid and DPT in the same size.

^ I felt sorry for myself as well :lol:

I say Rota did a pretty good copy on this one, but I agree with some members about the sizing. Grimbeaver is running 18x8 +43 Prodrives and he has slight rubbing. If you do the math, this one would stick out 30mm from stock and Grimbeaver's is already 25mm out from stock. You'd probably need coilovers, camber and fender rolling with 235 tires.

^ for serious? i don't mind a little camber and fender roll but don't feel like dishing out cash for coilovers!

I am just guessing here. Stock back spacing (hub to inner lip) is 144mm, this one will be 152mm. Overboost, riding on 18x9 +35 Rota has a back spacing of 149mm and he has coilovers.

For the price of coilovers, just add it to your Rota Gravels and buy the real thing :lol:

Also, the price is not 1/4 of the JDM Enkei's as the OP mentioned. It is more like 41%.

I would be all over these fine piece of metal if I still had my car!!

However I think it might rub on the fenders, in lowered cars, especially with 8.5" width and 44 offset!

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

hmmm...this will be interesting. i'll be getting these in either hyperblack or gunmetallic (cant decide!!!) and wrapping them with 235/40/18 tires. a short while after i'll be moving from stock struts/swifts to kw variant 2's....will update yall on the necessity of fender rolling

Archived