LegacyGT.com

Good times with a BMW 335i ... (95% of americans shouldn't be allowed to drive this).

Ok so my Moms lovely ML 320 CDI is in the shop for its 20,000 mile maintenance, so they dealer gave us this hot BMW 335i as a loaner. Ok first mistake is giving out to ordinary people with no professional driving training a rear drive 300BHP car, and its a good second faster than my LGT. The BIG difference is my car has AWD and is as such FAR easier to handle. Just driving this beast around town today I felt as though through a corner it was out a mash of the pedal to the floor to get this rear end to kick out. This is of course in the LGT requires a bit more work thanks to the AWD.

I came to the realization that most americans simply should not be allowed to drive this car. THEY do not have the necessary training to be able to handle a car with this kind of BHP. I think at most, the best american drivers should be allowed to handle in a car is about 150 hp and 250 in an SUV.

If we are going have these 300bhp monsters driving around we need to seriously start considering the idea of mandatory professional driver training if you want to be allowed to drive a car like this. This car is just an accident waiting to happen in the wrong hands.

It was fun to drive though.

I love my car ... basically.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop being such a pansy.

I have driven several 335i's and they are by no means hard to handle, although they are quite a bit faster than an LGT especially up top. If you want to experience something really unreasonable drive a new M5 or M6, been there done that lucky I didn't get caught or I wouldn't have a license anymore. Also any late model Corvette would probably have you pissing yourself.

Stop being such a pansy.

I have driven several 335i's and they are by no means hard to handle, although they are quite a bit faster than an LGT especially up top. If you want to experience something really unreasonable drive a new M5 or M6, been there done that lucky I didn't get caught or I wouldn't have a license anymore. Also any late model Corvette would probably have you pissing yourself.

:lol:

Thread of the Week!!!!!

The real question is how is it possible that there is ANY car that is faster than a Legacy? From what I have read that is just not possible :eek:

Not to mention, I love how all of the ballers on here are driving 450hp cars :rolleyes::lol:

*Covering my ass* I never said I have 450 HP but I've been in cars with that kind of power. Unfortunately, never driven them myself but have had some scary ass rides in them.:lol:

The 335i does not feel that fast; just smoother, less lag and handles better. Not faster. Well depends which upgrades you're sporting on your LGT too.

This is an opinion, Heights. Your taking it as fact.

The LGT is a better car than the 335...continue on with the thread....

Rehab is for quitters.

It is funny how the Legacy is the fastest (and best) car on Earth, yet the 335 is too powerful for Americans (nice touch bringing the Americans are stupid stuff into this thread).

I am sure any driver from any other country could easily handle he MASSIVE PoWAr of the 335i - remember it was the King of Cars for a week until the 135i was introduced :eek:

What is 'funny' about the LGT being the king of cars? Are you doubting it?

I see alot of 335s (converts..there are a lot down here) being driven by old ladies.

I would love a 135....too much dough for a little car, though.

Rehab is for quitters.

It is funny how the Legacy is the fastest (and best) car on Earth, yet the 335 is too powerful for Americans (nice touch bringing the Americans are stupid stuff into this thread).

I am sure any driver from any other country could easily handle he MASSIVE PoWAr of the 335i - remember it was the King of Cars for a week until the 135i was introduced :eek:

The LGT is AWD and is a lot easier to drive. Plus we all know in the United States you can be a monkey and get a license in most states. They pretty much check your peripheral vision and send you on your way. They have no formal training in wet, snow or ice conditions. That coupled with a high HP motor with a power to weight ratio is really a dangerous combination IMO.

I love my car ... basically.

Not to mention, I love how all of the ballers on here are driving 450hp cars :rolleyes::lol:

Sadly not anymore, but it used to be a weekly occurrence!

Now I have to make due with a mere 381hp and 401lb-ft, although in my future I see a TRD supercharger to uh... fix that "shortcoming".:lol:

Plus we all know in the United States you can be a monkey and get a license in most states. They pretty much check your peripheral vision and send you on your way.

Unfortunately I can't argue with you on that, especially for the state of Nebraska which as far as I can tell is full of illiterate corn fed sister humping assholes.

I think what you're feeling is torque more than horsepower. After all, Hyundai has a 375hp sedan. My grandmother pilots her 380hp Lexus pretty well.

Want the "launched from an aircraft carrier" feeling? My brother's Benz delivers that right when the 740ft/lbs of torque hits. Traction control dials back full power until well after 60-70 mph. I can only imagine it with stickier rubber. His Supra had the same quarter mile traps but the power delivery was totally different.

The more displacement you have to go with your boost, the faster it feels. That's why I want a turboed LSx engine in my future!

Haha!!!!!!!! I agree! Try driving an m5, m6 or c63. I have driven all of them!
WWWWWW-UUUUU-SSSSSS!!! deal with it!!! the car isn't that hard to drive unless you are really bad at driving...

Archived