LegacyGT.com

Good times with a BMW 335i ... (95% of americans shouldn't be allowed to drive this).

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine was a 1995 Chevy Tahoe with a 350 V8... it got up to 60 pretty quick for an SUV, but couldn't get over 100 until I installed a new valve body in the transmission and got a B&M electronic shift enhancer. That and acceleration sucked at 60+ mph...

I can understand having a decent power Malibu as a 12 second car is quick but not too easily out of hand but a 10 second car as a first car? Hopefully that car started out slow and became a 10 second car over time.:spin:

Nope, he bought it with the chevy 402 stroker 12 to 1 comp ratio, turbo 400 trans with a 4krpm stall. Ran 10.6s or so on all motor. He lived through it lol. He now has a built turbo 92 5.0 and about 10 other cars. He had soem driving experience with high pwoer cars before he had a liscense. His dad used to let him drive his 900hp vega wagon lol.

you're doing a wheelie in your avatar. :lol::spin:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yea, I can see how that sends a conflicting message. If you can't tell by the background it was on an open road in the middle of the country, no danger to anyone except for maybe me (and I don't consider it driving like an asshat unless there are others around). I was just trying to say that not all sport bike riders are inconsiderate...nothing more I hate than a loud bike speeding past my house at 4:30 AM at WOT :spin:

Back to OP, I couldn't agree more that far too many people get their license that shouldn't have it (especially in cars that are too much for the inexperienced driver), I'd even be fore mandatory "re-testing" at periodic intervals that vary based on age (is it really discrimination if statistics prove it?)...

Oh I am not trying to be a Pansy ... just people behind the wheel of this car scares me.

I think the rest of you in this thread need to drive in Nebraska sometimes and you will start seeing what AWD_Rules is talking about. I'm with him on this.

I thought about taking a road trip to nebraska.. I saw a long straight flat dirt farm road near lincoln I'd love to fly down. :lol:

actually I thought about a cross country road trip.. but.. its 7k miles and would probably take a month to cover. I dont have that kinda pto.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Actually over here we have quite a few successful foreign families that move here from countries where they didn't really drive.

So adding a 40 year old woman who barely drove before, just got her license, and add in a brand new 5 or 7 series, and I've seen quite a few drivers scare the crap out of me, so for that reason I can see why a 335 isn't for everyone, but there are people out there who just see that expensive status symbol and buy it. These people are very different from enthusiasts.

I think the rest of you in this thread need to drive in Nebraska sometimes and you will start seeing what AWD_Rules is talking about. I'm with him on this.

I can't disagree with AWD_Rules and his opinion of Nebraska drivers. As far as I can tell having driven in your craptastic state, very few of them know how to read much less operate a motor vehicle.

Guest heightsgtltd
But aren't there some Hawt corn fed girls in Nebraska? I am asking others, as this isn't Penguin's area of expertise :lol:

But aren't there some Hawt corn fed girls in Nebraska?

Oh I have more expertise in this than you might think. My younger brother married one of these hawt corn fed Nebraska girls. Nice and tall, red hair, big ta-ta's, fairly athletic figure.... unfortunately she was a lazy bitch that would have sex with anything that wasn't gelded. Good riddance to that whore.:lol:

unfortunately she was a lazy bitch that would have sex with anything that wasn't gelded. Good riddance to that whore.:lol:

It's that kind of attitude that this state will drive one to. There are three things to do around here. Watch corn grow, watch paint dry, and f-ck for boredom. I'm sick of corn and I don't paint much, so ...

someone here at work has a 135i.. I started it up and played around in the interior but didnt drive it cos its manual and I'm not so hot at manual and dinna wanna break it. :lol:

sounded great.. too small for my fat ass tho.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

^+1

I've been borrowing my friend's 335i for the week while he is out of town and my Legacy is in the shop. It really is a brilliant car, definitely faster than a stg.2 LGT and as fast as a LGT with a moderate turbo upgrade. Very easy to drive, and most folks wouldn't apply enough right foot to get themselves into trouble.

That said, with stock suspension, it is surprisingly numb. You really don't feel the acceleration (compared to the LGT, even stock) and it rolls a bit in corners. Someone who drives it aggressively without experiencing going past its limits on an autocross course or track is in for a very nasty surprise. It crosses the limit quickly and without much warning.

It really is fantastic, but it is not an enthusiast's car unless you're ready to modify at the very least the suspension. What's the point of going fast without feeling it?

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I never considered the BMW 335i with sport package (or standard suspension) to have much body roll compared to my stock LGT. In fact the LGT handled and wallowed like a pig in comparison.

Oh I have more expertise in this than you might think. My younger brother married one of these hawt corn fed Nebraska girls. Nice and tall, red hair, big ta-ta's, fairly athletic figure.... unfortunately she was a lazy bitch that would have sex with anything that wasn't gelded. Good riddance to that whore.:lol:

Sorry to hear that.

I married a tall redhead from Nebraska, much as you describe, but luckily a good christian, and faithful (in more ways than one) woman. and more self-motivated than most people I've ever met, and graduated near the top of her class in both high school and college.

Wouldn't give her up for her weight in gold, and wouldn't trade her for a movie starlet.

My brother married a Nebraska-born redhead, too, and they seem quite happy.

I never considered the BMW 335i with sport package (or standard suspension) to have much body roll compared to my stock LGT. In fact the LGT handled and wallowed like a pig in comparison.

Oh, I agree. I'm speaking relative to my experience with a LGT with a pretty heavily modified suspension (RSB, chassis brace, coilovers).

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived