LegacyGT.com

Good times with a BMW 335i ... (95% of americans shouldn't be allowed to drive this).

Oh, I agree. I'm speaking relative to my experience with a LGT with a pretty heavily modified suspension (RSB, chassis brace, coilovers).

:lol:

Throw the same kind of effort at the BMW and tell me what you think.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a lease. Thus no power, suspension, or brake mods. It's also my friend's. I can't let him modify it - my mods are the only things that let me keep up!
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

The lease has different terms. It's not a warranty. They are on a sticker on the driver's side windshield. Basically, you can't do anything to the car. You even have to replace the tires with the OEM tires.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Driving around the 335 with the sport suspension; it can be a bit bouncy at times on certain roads. This being said that car went around a corner like a DREAM. Really tight and confidence inspiring. Nothing like the LGT. I have really started to think about tighting up the suspension on the LGT to improving the handling a bit after the bimmer.
I love my car ... basically.

I love my LGT, but if I was given a $0 swap option for a new 335i.. I'd have to wish the LGT the best of luck and walk away.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

BMW is a Ultimate Driving Machine. Drivers car. Top engineering. BMW FTW :).

335i were aimed at people with no experience driving performance cars. You think Bugatti Veyron were made for F1 drivers? ~99% of American Drivers will be able to drive it. Try 135i, it's blast to drive, but I don't like the looks. You can kill yourself in any car by the way :).

Guest heightsgtltd

How's your most awesomest last gen M3 treating you? :lol:

Edited to protect the ego of the person who used to drive a Ford Exploder :)

How's your Ford Exploder treating you :lol:

Considering I haven't updated "Car:" since 2005 or so I'd like to say it's nice and sold... about 4 years ago. You should edit your post and post this instead.

How's your LSB E46 M3 6MT Coupe treating you :lol:

Since when is 300hp zomg a ton of power that will kill the worlds population? You see you can control the power with that long skinny pedal all the way to the right. Just cause you HAVE 300hp doesn't mean you NEED to use it at all times. It sounds like the OP was purposely pushing it and cause he pooped his pants that means no one in the entire world should yield such power.

I drive (mind you awd) 300-400+hp cars all the time during the week. Honestly it gets boring after awhile. I also live in a state that the secretary of state was put in jail for selling licenses. A 335i is a lot less lethal then a 100+hp motorcycle. If anything people who own SUVs should be forced to go to a special driving school since they still think they can stop, take turns, and out accelerate things like they are still in a car.

^ At first I thought LSB stood for something special like a supercharger or something, alas it's "just" a color

The letters you'd be looking for in that case are HPF.

I just get a kicked out of when someone gets showed up, and they don't have anything intelligent to say back they take a stab at what a person drives as if it gives them more/less credability when talking about cars. I in fact know a guy who has owned cars from Shelby GT500kr's to Ferraris, to Aston Martins...

You know what he drives now? a 1996 Toyota Corolla... and a Chevy Tahoe. Not to mention he has probably spent more time racing at Lime Rock than people on this forum have been driving.

I know this thread has gone off topic a bit, but figured I would chime in again anyway. Went with my buddy today to get a few dyno pulls on his 09 335i.

2 baseline runs came in at 274whp/294whtq.

2 runs with the "juicebox" on map 7, came in at 343whp/357whtq.

This was done on a dynojet, SAE correction, smoothing set to 5 and 86 degrees.

I know this thread has gone off topic a bit, but figured I would chime in again anyway. Went with my buddy today to get a few dyno pulls on his 09 335i.

2 baseline runs came in at 274whp/294whtq.

2 runs with the "juicebox" on map 7, came in at 343whp/357whtq.

This was done on a dynojet, SAE correction, smoothing set to 5 and 86 degrees.

your buddy has too much money.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Guest heightsgtltd
The letters you'd be looking for in that case are HPF.

I just get a kicked out of when someone gets showed up, and they don't have anything intelligent to say back they take a stab at what a person drives as if it gives them more/less credability when talking about cars. I in fact know a guy who has owned cars from Shelby GT500kr's to Ferraris, to Aston Martins...

You know what he drives now? a 1996 Toyota Corolla... and a Chevy Tahoe. Not to mention he has probably spent more time racing at Lime Rock than people on this forum have been driving.

Insecurity, it's what's for dinner. :lol:

I wasn't trying to take a stab at what you were driving dude... really kind of sad that you thought that, hence the "Exploder" comment..

and are you suggesting because you posted that you now drive an E46 M3 you showed me or others up? :lol: That is funny!! :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd
and I love how everyone in here is the badass driver, while the initial point is that many people drive 300hp cars like the 335i and have no clue as to what they are doing (e.g., housewives), hence, it can be a danger for them vs. the highly trained Schumachers that are on here :lol:

I agree with the original poster, people are stupid and scary, and car accidents are the 3rd leading cause of death in the US if I remember correctly.

I remember doing traffic school (for 5 mph over on a street that where it became that speed in another 1/4 mile) and the instructor brought up an interesting point.

She first asked the class of 30 how we would rate ourselves as drivers on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best.

The average was 8.5

She then asked us to rate the other drivers on the road with the same scale

The average was 4

I found that incredibly funny that a bunch of people in traffic school consider themselves great drivers and everyone else on the road is below average.

I had another fun realization that day at the end of class when I realized that roughly 200 people would be leaving traffic school from the same parking lot.

I found a nice shady spot and just watched as people cut each other off, honked, jumped curbs, and sped off, it's kinda impressive is a depressing sort of way

How's your most awesomest last gen M3 treating you? :lol:

Edited to protect the ego of the person who used to drive a Ford Exploder :)

This edited post is win.:lol:

To anyone with their panties in a bunch in here, it's much more amusing to sit back and follow this thread day by day.;)

Archived