LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

There is less heatsoadk with FMIC because the core sits low and in front of the motor, TMIC sits right on top of the hot motor and turbo, so when your stopped all that heat rises and "soaks" into the TMIC.

This is the main reason I would go FMIC, my perrin TMIC is fine when driving around, and my power goals are 300-320whp so its OK for that.

I just notice the loss in power when sitting at a light for a while in the summer, or when I'm in line waiting for an autox run.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love my Xo2 FMIC, and I am sure this new design is going to be great, but even with a great FMIC you will get about the same heatsoak issues than with a TMIC. It has to do with intake temps (and how the ECU compensates for it), but I think a good tune with a FMIC will greatly reduce the heatsoak issues.

There is less heatsoadk with FMIC because the core sits low and in front of the motor, TMIC sits right on top of the hot motor and turbo, so when your stopped all that heat rises and "soaks" into the TMIC.

This is the main reason I would go FMIC, my perrin TMIC is fine when driving around, and my power goals are 300-320whp so its OK for that.

I just notice the loss in power when sitting at a light for a while in the summer, or when I'm in line waiting for an autox run.

we have seen as much as 20whp more in fmic over tmic. Fmic have less pressure drop.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

If it fits 07, no cutting, good gains, keeps fogs, cheap price (in order of my preference) then you can almost certainly count me in. A fair priced and effective direct bolt-on replacement fmic for mild-mid tunes that doesn't require irreversibly modifying the car is just what i'm looking for to go with the rest of my stage 3 upgrades soon to come. I'm sure it would prove to be a very popular upgrade. There are several options available for stage 3+ cars with power as the only goal who don't mind the cutting or loss of fogs.

Subscribed for updates.

Itsme, would the FMIC have a BOV flange already, or leave it like the X02 where you need to weld your own on?

Also, current status? How long did the suppliers you talked to think it would take to get kits together after you have your final design?

Oh my I wish you would have told me this before I Left for the Philippines last month.. hah i would have just left my car with you to tinker with all you like..

If you need help just let me know, heh currently unemployed so i have tons of free time!

Itsme, would the FMIC have a BOV flange already, or leave it like the X02 where you need to weld your own on?

Also, current status? How long did the suppliers you talked to think it would take to get kits together after you have your final design?

I think I may make adding the bov an option. There are so many bov and keeping all of the flanges in stock could be a pain.

Right now I'm working the cores. I'm going to get a few install them and see how the compare to the one I have now to see if their any power difference. like I said before I shoul have the cores by the end of the the month.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I also have an uncut JDM bumper, that would be another great selling point if you can make it fit these bumpers without excessive cutting

Im going for no cutting of the beam on US cars. ;)

Im going for no cutting of the beam on US cars. ;)

true, but im just saying that people with the jdm bumper conversion have very limited options.. look at rogers fmic.. LOL its almost cut to the front of the bumper. and please make sure the shop puts beads on the pipes!

true, but im just saying that people with the jdm bumper conversion have very limited options.. look at rogers fmic.. LOL its almost cut to the front of the bumper. and please make sure the shop puts beads on the pipes!

I will make sure of the beads.:lol:

Archived