LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, it was alot of hard work to get this off the ground. Now, 3 years later still going strong on version 4 of my FMIC( I offer all of the upgrade to previous customers. Early adopters don't have to buy a whole new kit for updates). Now I cover just about every turbo Subaru ( FMIC '05-'09, '08+ WRX/STi, and TMIC '10+ LGT). I never thought when I started this thread I would even sell 10. Now, I also make TMIC for '10+ LGT's(on the car that holds the record for the fastest stock turbo LGT @ 12.5 sec in the 1/4),I sponsor a '11 WRX that held the record for the fastest stock turbo (11.8 in the 1/4mi.), I should have a car I sponsor at in SEMA (me a sponsor! LOL) , and I have shipped kit all over the world and as far away as Saudi Arabia.

I thank everyone for your support over the years. Now that I a full line performance part retailer I want to continue to support the community. I can offer lower price on all major brand and free shipping. I should always be cheaper because I pay what other vendors pay for the same part without all the overhead.

If there is a new product that you guys think there is a need for let me know and I'll see what I can do. Thanks Bryan

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Bump for a great vendor I have watched grow and build his business from scratch.

I still own the original FMIC kit he designed when every other kit on the market was 700-1100 and you still lost the bumper beam.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 3 years later...
The kits come with polished pipes and black couplers. Also the kits use stock style BOV. They are in stock and ready to ship.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

No problem. BPV( By pass valve) and BOV (Blow Off Valve) are often interchangeable even though the BPV recirculate (recommended) and BOV Blow excess pressure to atmosphere. So, a BVP or BOV that would turn a '05-'09 LGT and a '08-'14 WRX will be compatible with my kit.

Yes, they fix XTs but, there is a thin piece of metal attached to the bottom of the bumper bram that needs to be trimmed. This is only on XTs. The kits are still $650 shipped for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Is the IC the TurboXs 02-07 wrx model?

No, everything in my kits are unique to my kits. It shares nothing with any other kit on the market.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, they fix XTs but, there is a thin piece of metal attached to the bottom of the bumper bram that needs to be trimmed. This is only on XTs. The kits are still $650 shipped for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

So I'm not needing to remove the crash beam with your kit right?

My fog lights will still be functional?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So I'm not needing to remove the crash beam with your kit right?

My fog lights will still be functional?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You only need to take off the beam to install the core . then you replace it and your fog lights will work.

bump, approximately 40k on the RacerX FMIC first with LGT fitment now with STI fitment. Not one boost leak!!, not 1 issue!!

I have removed the post core tubes a few times for a battery swap, and cleaning my throttle body. always goes back together perfectly. clamps seal right up.

I used cut chunks of old radiator hose to cushion the core between the bumper beam.

only thing I would change is one day make a custom beam so that the full core gets air even airflow.

bump, approximately 40k on the RacerX FMIC first with LGT fitment now with STI fitment. Not one boost leak!!, not 1 issue!!

I have removed the post core tubes a few times for a battery swap, and cleaning my throttle body. always goes back together perfectly. clamps seal right up.

I used cut chunks of old radiator hose to cushion the core between the bumper beam.

only thing I would change is one day make a custom beam so that the full core gets air even airflow.

How did your throttle response change going to a FMIC (especially a smaller one)?

Archived