LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

Umm...I think we are asking too much. A sub $500 FMIC, without cutting the bumper beam would be just fine with me. As long as either the beam or fogs are saved, I am 90% in. IF you do both, you'll have more buyers, but i think you'll have enough interest given the price point and not cutting the bumper beam.

:lol: I want it all and I want it now!!! :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to find a local uncut bumper beam to get measurement. Then, I can get to work on the setup.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Yes, I'm going to try to go over there this weekend.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I need to find a local uncut bumper beam to get measurement. Then, I can get to work on the setup.

Hey B,

If you're still looking for one i have one in my garage you could borrow...just gotta pick itup in HB :)

~Sucka-Duck~

I got the what I needed from Drew's '08. Do '05 -'07s have the same beam as the '08+? Looking into core types. The delta core looks promising.

I got the what I needed from Drew's '08. Do '05 -'07s have the same beam as the '08+? Looking into core types. The delta core looks promising.

not sure if there is a difference between the the +08s vs 05-07...but i have one if you need it...

:p

~Sucka-Duck~

does this just bolt up to the turbo or do i need a specific "adapter" to bolt it on to the 08 stock turbo and VF52? i'm still kinda a newbie at this.

Same question here, but with an AVO420, if it clears the fogs and is at a good price point I'm in.

If your kit keeps the fogs and bumper beam, even if the beam is spaced out and we have to lose the foam, I'm interested.

What is the story on Delta core, I googled it but didn't find much. Can you run a smaller core with that type?

For people considering this FMIC what are your WHP goals? I'm guessing a lot of us are shooting for 350 whp or less. If someone wants more there are plenty of big FMIC (Perrin/WBR/etc.). I think you could get a lot of sales with the mild turbo upgrade crowd.

Well with the old FMIC I made I made 370+ WHP on e85 with only 20psi with no problem in mid 80 to mid 90's weather with a 2.4inlet w/7cm. The core I plan on using won't be much smaller then the one I have now. Plus if you get to 300whp you will need a bigger fuel pump.

I'm also in the process of seeing if I can get more housings for fuel pump upgrades. If it works out Infamous1 and I will have them for sell outright with no core charge. Will keep you up to date.

Also the setup will fit LGT and WRX style turbos and will clear air pump. I see these questions popping up. You won't have to buy extra parts it will come with the kit so if you want to upgrade to a different turbo later you can. I will hopefully have a few cores by the end of this month. I will try them out and see how they work.

Wow, awesome progress, from the sound of things you are going the right way with this. Also someone mention black, you can get some therm paint and paint it way cheaper then the supplier. I plan to paint my pipes, its easy. Also theoretically there is less heaksoak with a FMIC then the stock TMIC right? I mean bigger core, larger intake area, ect...

Archived