LegacyGT.com

GI: New Low cost FMIC for '05-'09 LGT and '08+ WRX

itsme

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need somene to test fit a core. My beam is cut so I need someone with a uncut beam will to come to Carson. I will need you for about a hour. If your car has a air pump it would be even more helpful. Pm me. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Also I took off the next 2 weeks so I'm home till june so we can do this anytime. Thanks
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Update: Good news. I found a group of manufactures to produce the kit. I will be in contact with them and found out what is the minimum number of kits I have to buy and I will let you know.

I should not have a problem clearing the bumper beam and the air pump. The biggest problem I see is saving the fog lights. I may have to shorten the core to have room to go under the fogs. If we find through test that it will hurt performance we may have to lose the fogs. But, you could still use the stock N/A fog light covers to hide the pipes like infamous1 and others used on their cars.

I always like to be upfront with people and let them know what's going on. We be in touch. I still need someone for core fitments. Bryan

Without the fogs I'm not interested. I can't possibly see how THAT much performance would be lost, especially with the massive ammount of sufrace area on a FMIC by itself. Scooting it in an inch or two centered shouldn't make that significiant of a performance hit.

I haven't put on the Xo2 kit yet.. maybe I'll put her up for sale (painted black) and get this one... anychance the new intercooler will switch out with the older and I'm assuming thicker version?

The biggest problem I see is saving the fog lights. I may have to shorten the core to have room to go under the fogs. If we find through test that it will hurt performance we may have to lose the fogs.

Not telling you what you already know, but my $0.02 - I think you are going to sell a lot more if you are able to clear the fogs, no bumper or bumper beam cutting... If I had to guess, you won't need a huge core to be effective. If you can do this, you will be offering the best fmic for half or less cost than the competition (besides your current fmic :lol:)

^You have to remember I'm using a thiner core so you are losing some volume already. Like I said I'm being up front and honest and letting everyone know what is going on. So relax the goal is to keep the fogs. :)

If this kit keeps the stock radiator overflow tank in the orig location then that's also a big plus.

Interested in this kit if you can get everything to fit with all of the constraints (no cutting the bumper beam, keeps fogs, keeps rad overflow tank in stock location) .

I'm also looking a new core design. It's called a delta core it looks like a cross between a bar and plate and tube and fin. I may get one and run some test on it and compare.

If this kit keeps the stock radiator overflow tank in the orig location then that's also a big plus.

Interested in this kit if you can get everything to fit with all of the constraints (no cutting the bumper beam, keeps fogs, keeps rad overflow tank in stock location) .

keeping the stock overflow is not a problem. Just look at the other kit I made.

Update: Good news. I found a group of manufactures to produce the kit. I will be in contact with them and found out what is the minimum number of kits I have to buy and I will let you know.

I should not have a problem clearing the bumper beam and the air pump. The biggest problem I see is saving the fog lights. I may have to shorten the core to have room to go under the fogs. If we find through test that it will hurt performance we may have to lose the fogs. But, you could still use the stock N/A fog light covers to hide the pipes like infamous1 and others used on their cars.

I always like to be upfront with people and let them know what's going on. We be in touch. I still need someone for core fitments. Bryan

cant you go over the fogs?? instead of under?? like on your old kits just flip the core around so the intercooler piping goes into the core from the top instead of the bottom?? that way you dont have to make the core any smaller and you can keep the fogs... i already have the xo2 so i most likely wont be getting this one... but i definitely wanna see more cheaper kits out for our leggy's.... im thinking 2.75 in thick core should clear the bumper beam?? i think you might be able to make it longer too... i think the old one is 24x9x3... i think you can get away with 26x9x2.75 or 2.5... i was looking at the xo2 and it seems like theres still quite a bit of room on each end of the core for more....

I didn't mean to panic everyone. Everything is fine.:)

keeping the stock overflow is not a problem. Just look at the other kit I made.

That's cool, just wanted to be sure I wasn't assuming anything since it hadn't been mentioned (had already noticed the orig kit install thread).

lol chill guys! let the man do his work =P everyone is jumping the gun and the product isnt even in production. hope all goes well. cheers!

what he said!

I'm fine by whatever final product comes up. would be better as long as no bumper hackage. I can probably fab up the fog covers with led strips, if we cant save it.

keep it up itsme! get me to stage 2 fast!!:lol:

Umm...I think we are asking too much. A sub $500 FMIC, without cutting the bumper beam would be just fine with me. As long as either the beam or fogs are saved, I am 90% in. IF you do both, you'll have more buyers, but i think you'll have enough interest given the price point and not cutting the bumper beam.

Archived