LegacyGT.com

Exhaust Options / Possibilities

They are very faint. I have a hard time seeing them in the daylight. You sure you don't have any? Or maybe you turned them off. With the car off, turn the key on once, then hit the trip button. You should be able to cycle through and there are two settings I & S.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
K, I tried the setting - didn't know there was one, but I only have S - on/off. No I. Don't have time to look it up right now, what is this setting? Didn't seem to make a difference on either setting.

My setup is the same so I am thinking you probably do have the red rings. I don't have the I setting either, but I do have the red rings. I - is to turn the illumination on or off (I believe this refers to the red rings), S - is to turn the gauge sweep when you start the car on or off. No worries I am here to help you, hahaha.

I can't remember if my red rings only come on when I turn my running lights on or if they are just always on. I am not saying you are wrong, you may be right, not sure. I will check tonight and take pictures; with lights off, running lights on, headlights on and see what the rings do.

yah, just looked it up. yah, i'll keep the sweep on.

my car is in the garage now so no outside light - definitely don't have the I setting nor do I see the red rings. I'll let you know if I discover otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone documented any midrange torque improvement from an aftermarket header, for an '06+ ('05 being different)?
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Who "Skeir16"? Heck no, I am taking my headlights back to stock. I am getting my 1600 worth out of this damn exhaust.

BTW...don't run your car too long with a failing A/F Sensor. I got the Error "Heater Circuit Low - Bank 1" Bought the replacement but was waiting to wrap the headers. The car would not accept fuel, took it into the dealership, and apparently the car ran rich and blew the CANISTER. $1000, luckily they covered it under my Gold Plus Warranty...$100 out of pocket.

Who "Skeir16"? Heck no, I am taking my headlights back to stock. I am getting my 1600 worth out of this damn exhaust.

BTW...don't run your car too long with a failing A/F Sensor. I got the Error "Heater Circuit Low - Bank 1" Bought the replacement but was waiting to wrap the headers. The car would not accept fuel, took it into the dealership, and apparently the car ran rich and blew the CANISTER. $1000, luckily they covered it under my Gold Plus Warranty...$100 out of pocket.

$1600 plus $100 OUCH so your Air Fuel sensor malfunction and the charcoal canister blew so you cant put gas in the car anymore?

Actually I am changing tactics. As soon as I typed that and had to drive to an appointment my CEL came on. I picked up the car from the dealership yesterday and it already threw a code. The idle was all off. I am freaking tired of it.

My headers and midpipe are FOR SALE! Any buyers? Any word on those other UEL Headers that guy was custom making?

Actually I am changing tactics. As soon as I typed that and had to drive to an appointment my CEL came on. I picked up the car from the dealership yesterday and it already threw a code. The idle was all off. I am freaking tired of it.

My headers and midpipe are FOR SALE! Any buyers? Any word on those other UEL Headers that guy was custom making?

Yeah suffered a slight setback as I stated due to the Triangle flange placement of that cat but Mike at Ralli Sport is still shooting for the first batch Mid-May. In addition to making these headers he runs a full race shop and things are busy for him but the manufacturer requires a few intricate detail about the jig that are tedious. But "they still coming":spin: you can use your down time to recoup from the MIL's ill see if anybody wants/ those headers and mid......:)

Man, I did 3rd gear pulls this morning on my way to work and now the car seems to be idling better. I don't know what to do. I have some CEL Boss's on the way, maybe that will help. This car is going to be the death of me :mad::spin::eek:. I am not sure about getting rid of the headers yet.

Man, I did 3rd gear pulls this morning on my way to work and now the car seems to be idling better. I don't know what to do. I have some CEL Boss's on the way, maybe that will help. This car is going to be the death of me :mad::spin::eek:. I am not sure about getting rid of the headers yet.

Yeah what you (I) would do is wrap the headers. You need to keep the CAT as hot as possible. While the cat can be efficient at 750F the ECU reads the efficiency of the O2's while the cat is at 900F. So the easiest fix and impossible at the moment would be to change the values in the O2 tables in the ECU to accept the reading given by the O2 sensors at the lower temps of the cat OR move the cat upstream OR wrap them and hope for the best OR find a way to program our ECU's to correct the issue OR get a 05 ECU to run your 08 car:eek:

Def don't give up

Otto: You don't understand man...these two weeks alone

-Wednesday Night last week on the way home from work the car spit fuel back at me and on my suit.

-Thrusday morning took the car to the dealership. Canister went out, tried to blame the P0062 A/F Sensor for it. Supposedly overnighted the parts.

-Sunday, Rental car broke down and had to get another one.

-Monday the parts still didn't come in.

-Got my car Tuesday evening and it decided not to be allergic to fuel and accepted it, but idled like crap.

-Wednesday on the way to see my grandfather who is having open heart surgery the CEL came on and threw the P0420 code talking about a have an exhaust leak or a failing cat even though it is a magnaflow cat that is a couple of months old.

-WTF?

Not to mention the history I have had with this car alone:

+ August 2009 - Rear Driver strut blows out and was just out of my 3 yr / 36 K warranty. Gold Plus extended warranty would cover one for $100, if one just went out then the other is not far behind. Gillman would not replace both, ended up replacing both with Bilstein HD's for $200 by myself.

+ October 2009 - Began getting frequent headaches while in the vehicle.

+ December 2009 - Exhaust getting louder and louder. Upon inspection the flex hoses on the factory header had cracked. A/C Pumping exhaust into cabin. Not covered under warranty per the little booklet I got, but apparently that would have been covered.

+ January 2010 - Drove to the West Houston Subaru complaining of a power steering leak. After further inspection both head gaskets were leaking.

+ April 2010 - Can't fill up the car with gas. Fuel system issue. Air/Fuel Sensor went out, Canister went out and would not allow fuel in the tank. Steering boots torn.

Ok, Gee-Otto need your help. Threw the P0420 CEL Code again.

I am running that Magnaflow Dual O2 Cat. It is only 2 months old. I have a hard time believing the cat would fail like that. Could it be that because of the less restriction and higher flow cat it is triggering it?

Do you think a CELBoss for the rear O2, like the guys who run race cats or no cats, would solve this problem?

I got a catback from magnaflow........the real difference is when the revs are above 3000 and on highway use. The pick up is much smoother and sudden. I also have a cold air intake fron Injen. Between the two mods, it sets the car up for more top end speed than around town. So if you speed on the highway it's great if you don't I would probably leave it stock. It does sound better, though!!

Archived