LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy Official Reveal

BernardP

You are right about the maximas driveline and setup but the same 3.5 is used and well as other mechanical components. The interior, however, is very similar with gauge cluster, seats, and materials all being shared. You are also right about the skyline sharing some driveline components with the G35x, the 3.5 and the AWD system. The G35 is the premium/americanized version of the Skyline LHD. Just looked that up to keep the bs out.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are right about the maximas driveline and setup but the same 3.5 is used and well as other mechanical components. The interior, however, is very similar with gauge cluster, seats, and materials all being shared. You are also right about the skyline sharing some driveline components with the G35x, the 3.5 and the AWD system. The G35 is the premium/americanized version of the Skyline LHD. Just looked that up to keep the bs out.

You do realize that LHD is not a model/trim. It stands for Left Hand Drive.

Please teach us more, wise one.

Guest JessterCPA

Sharing engines does not mean re-badged. There are some common switches & stuff I have seen, but again, that does not mean re-badged. Heck my wife's TSX shares components with a US Spec Accord, but it's not re-badged (it's a re-badged Euro Accord, but again, that's no a US market car).

Guest JessterCPA
Infiniti, Acura, and Lexus all learned their lessons early in their lives about simply re-branding the mainstream counterpart. The first models didn't do well, take the Infiniti I30/I35 for example. Now that is a re-branded Maxima. No two ways about it. Early ES Lexus' were clearly Camry's. The Mfg'ers realized people weren't going to pay for the fluff without any substance, so they figured it out & now they sell with and have good value.

Maybe your wagon doesn't pick up chicks but I don't need a car to do the work for me, trust. and I think the car is some what classy yet performance oriented. I am not like the ricers out there that drive the cars around near redline trying to show off, I have respect for the power of the car and with my mods I like to accentuate such while maintaining a low profile.

You have no friends and you smell funny...

Just sayin'...

Guest JessterCPA
mikeislord if you knew the skyline you would know that the jap version is RHD. Jesse what was the smaller Nissan (I think it was Sentra) that they pretty much just rebadged as Infiniti? The best Example of rebadging would be the Chevy Caviler disguised as a Caddy.

Yes 1st gen G20 was a re-badged Sentra.

You still didn't reply to my PM though. If you make the statements, gotta back them up there buddy. I've done my part.

mikeislord if you knew the skyline you would know that the jap version is RHD.

:lol::lol::lol:

You do realize that all cars over there are RHD, right?? You're not making a point when you mention common knowledge.

And it's not the "jap version" as there was never a Skyline in the "non-jap version" as you would call it. It's just the Skyline.

Test drove a 2010 LGT about an hour ago. Not bad, but not knocking my socks off. Expected to feel a little more oomph. I realize it's heavier, but it also supposedly makes more torque than the WRX. The WRX had GO GO ooomph.

Dave at TomWood made the drive fun. I was probably more timid than what he was expecting. I can drive with aggression but it doesn't feel right when it's not a car you are fully used to handling. He was coaching (put it in second and floor it), cool guy.

Anyway, it rode nice and was definitely more refined than the WRX. The headlights that wrap all the way back up over the front tires still look funny. And now I see why everyone keeps complaining about no FMIC. I thought the turbo was in the back behind/below the IC, but it's down front. Piping would be pretty easy.

Hmmmm... Local Subie dealer now shows a '10 LGT in stock. May go test drive it tomorrow. Making the call now to see for sure.

Edit: Yep. 6pm tomorrow. :D

:munch:

Rule # 1 of sales....know thy competition.

I thought rule number 1 of sales is "2nd place is a set of steak knives, 3rd place is you're fired.";)

BTW, great thread. I'm learning a lot from the new member. He's solid.

I thought rule number 1 of sales is "2nd place is a set of steak knives, 3rd place is you're fired.";)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: AWESOME movie!

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Just got back from the test drive.

First impressions:

1. Exterior - While the headlights are just as bad (maybe worse), the wheel arches aren't nearly as bad in person as they seem to be in the pics. The one they had was silver, so it may be more accentuated in the bolder colors. Also of note, the engine cover is an atrocity in every sense of the word. Gaudy doesn't quite capture it. The wheels are quite nice, and are wrapped in RE050A's. Everything else can be seen in the pics.

2. Cabin - The interior fit and finish is very nice, but poorly organized, and not attractive. The flip-open storage area is between the stereo and climate controls, and isn't an ergonomically sound layout IMO. Speaking of the stereo, it sounds very weak and distant. No fullness whatsoever. The seats are very comfy, almost too much so. Think "Cadillac" but with nicer leather. Bolstering is subpar, but really not all that different from the previous buckets. The one I drove was a Limited, but had no sunroof. :confused: Backseat has added legroom, but I think that's already been covered. No idea about the trunk, because my '05 is a wagon. Crazy analog instant MPG meter on the left of the tach is utterly useless. Worst guage ever. :mad:

3. The Drive - Oh boy, here we go... This car is slow. Considerably slower than my 05 was when stock at almost 60k miles. Acceleration is very linear, but not in a good way. It seems like it's always gasping for air even in the meat of the powerband, much like the VF40 above 6k. I'm confident this is due to the factory tune as well as the extra heft. It only had 44 miles on it, so I didn't run it past about 6200rpm, but it was done by then anyway.

The clutch felt pretty similar to my stock one did, smooth engagement and pedal pressure needed was minimal. The shifts were very slick, no clunkiness or notchiness. (The 6MT was by far and away the highlight of the experience.) 1st gear is a bit too short, and this was apparent even under partial acceleration, but other than that, great. Handling is not as good as before, again probably due to the added weight. And perhaps higher center of gravity, as the car seems almost as high as an Outback. (and my car is not lowered, so it's not just me.)

Overall, I was very happy to get back in my '05 and drive away. Yes, it's Stg2, but it was still FAR more entertaining when I first got it. :cool:

The 2010 just feels... like a Taurus. I'm more disappointed in the drive than I was when I first saw the pics. Oh well...

Wow! I just read over the foolishness that has taken place on this thread over the past weeks. Abusing cars, back peddling, annual income figures, snitch action, all related to a single user.

While I won't pick a side in this lop-sided attempt to become one with the LGT community :) I will say that those actions are very common and it is sad to know that the potential for abuse is always present as long as techs or salesmen or owners are willing to "street race" customers cars.

Doubt the $120K remark is factual as if it were you wouldn't need to state that and the whole Infiniti Nissan LHD RHD MAxima Skyline things is useless. I think that user cold used a stint on NASIOC. He doesn't know the meaning of "haters" until he garners "flame" from those guys.

Archived