LegacyGT.com

6MT Master Swap Thread

HAMMER DOWN

i have a question i have been wondering about

when i install my dccd and my sti controls for it

has anyone done any type of led/custom identification like the sti cluster has to show how much the dccd is working and what you have set to?

any response would appreciated

thank you

The LED on the factory manual/auto switch glows solid on when in manual mode.

When in auto mode the glowing is progressive depending on how far the thumbwheel is turned up and how much throttle and G force you are applying while driving.

The LED shown in this pic

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x6/Lukipooh/IMAG0071.jpg

Edited by Scooby2.5

There are multiple shifters

08 up STI shifter

08 up STI STS from the Subaru Performance Catalog

08 Spec B shifter

08 Spec B STS from the Subaru Performance Catalog

I am not sure anyone has compared all of these to see if one is shorter than another.

You would have to measure from the ball end to the center of the pivot point on each to know.

I could give you the Spec B STS from the Performance Catalog measurement soon as I am getting ready to take the shifter lever out and put in a Cobb STS

Is the +08 STi lever a shorter throw than the Spec B? I prefer a shifter that's higher up, but already have a STi shifter.

Today I removed my shift lever from my Spec B STS by STI out of the performance catalog part #C1010AG101

I replaced the lever with a Cobb Spec B Double adjustable STS part #224316.

Cobb is way better. I lengthened the bottom half and it really cut the throw down A LOT! Its more like my Hurst Shifter was in my 2003 Cobra.

I also lowered the top half to make the lever shorter as that is the way I like it.

Kevin if you get the Cobb lever, you can make it as high as you want and still have a really short throw.

I HIGHLY recommend this shifter....

So I am basically running all the stock STI/Spec B shifter bushings and the Cobb Lever. Quiet as a mouse and good firm short shifts.

Edited by Scooby2.5

I don't disagree with merging my 6MT thread into this one, but it does kinda suck that the single most useful post in this whole thread is buried in the middle, at position 530.

And I'd like to think that 531-534 are pretty helpful too, if you don't mind my saying so.

Can we bump those to the top, or at least can we bump 530 up to the top?

With those posts buried right in the middle of this more-than-a-thousand-post-long thread, they are going to be exactly as helpful to other people as if you'd just deleted my thread completely.

What if you copy in the material into your post rather than just linking them? It's up to all of you but the better we can give the correct information in the easiest fashion the better it is for the site as a whole.

If you'd like me to this I can do it as well for you.

Done

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

DCCD is only two wires coming off the transmission. Better check with your version of DCCD for the wiring.

DCCDpro by the way is able to be programmed as well from what I understand.

There are posts on the reverse switch and the neutral safety switch.

If I remember correctly you use the NS switch from the legacy and the reverse backup light switch from the STI and yes they plug right in.

On my neutral safety switch I had the problem of it not staying on/off like it should, it was flickering so I went to napa and I got a more thin copper washer to put on my new NS switch and that fixed the problem.

So basically you have 2 wires for the NS, 2 wires for the RB, 2 wires for DCCD and a harness for the O2 sensor.

I plugged the RB, and NS switches into the harness and then cut the DCCD wires out and ran them up into the the boot, into the cabin, along the reverse lockout cable. That way the connection to your DCCD is inside the shifter surround inside the car.

If you use the STI O2 sensor extension harness then you will need the Legacy adapter (which is real short) on the end of it to plug into our factory harness.

If you dont use that you can plug the O2 sensor right in to the legacy short piece that is plugged into the factory harness.

I used the STI extension piece so my O2 sensor plugs into that near the back of the transmission on the bottom under the car. The STI O2 harness then travels up to the dog bone area. Plug your short legacy adapter in to this and then in to your factory wiring harness.