LegacyGT.com

6MT Master Swap Thread

HAMMER DOWN

Yes they will!!!!!

Ill post a pic here in a bit

You just have to take the console out and look at the underside of this area. There are some things on the underside but just enough space to put them there.

I measured a dozen times :) and then cut the holes with a dremel after covering the area with duct tape. Pulled tape off and they snapped right into place :)

I measured the back side of the STI switches, and maybe even traced around them with a pencil and then cut.

If you do it right they snap right in the holes.

Just be careful where you cut the holes. Make sure you look at the back of the console first as there is stuff back there.

They barely fit and you have to be precise.

Good luck!

Here is some information I had after doing the DCCD switches. Not inclusive so make sure you MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE :lol:

The hole closest to the brake lever, had to be 1 1/4 inches to the right of the brake lever because of stuff underneath. Then I had to worry about the space

above them because of the roll top door on the cup holders.

When I cut it with the dremel and pushed the first switch in, it was right up against the stuff underneath that was 1 1/4 in. I barely got it right.

Edited by Scooby2.5

Are the slave cylinders the same for all years?

According to opposed forces:

Legacy GT/Outback XT 30620AA173

Legacy Spec B 30620AA172

08 Up STI 30620AA150

Not sure what makes them different :confused:

Finally got everything. Transmission (09 STi) is at Andrewtech getting Spec B 5th and 6th gears. DCCDPro will have to wait a little bit. :redface:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x6/Lukipooh/IMAG0054.jpg

06 Outback 4EAT driveshaft

OEM 6MT FW (resurfaced)

OEM 6MT PP

09 STI rear diff & cradle

07+ Spec B axles

OEM 6MT Slave Cylinder

OEM 6MT clutch disc

OEM 6MT TOB

08+ STi shifter assembly

OEM 6MT shift knob

Edited by Waxiboy

A really good piece to get is the hanger that bolts to the 6 speed for the down pipe.

It's listed in NSFW OP but here it is

Downpipe support bracket - 44021FE030

IMG_0696.jpg.ec2702208139f6fd1ef131e23dcfcacb.jpg

Edited by Scooby2.5

A really good piece to get is the hanger that bolts to the 6 speed for the down pipe.

You definitely want this...My Cobb downpipe rattled (like my clutch) until I installed this piece.

Is this a Spec B part or an STi?

• 2 weeks later...

So it is done!

08+ STi shifter perfectly centered

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x6/Lukipooh/IMAG0068.jpg

I went a different route on the rubber and leather boot. Instead of cutting it by 1" like how hammerdown did, I lengthened the cross slit on top by an inch to get both through the shifter. I secured the rubber boot with zip tie and the leather boot with silicone band (for cooking) from the inside.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x6/Lukipooh/IMAG0065.jpg

So we're in agreement to simply merge all of these three (if I missed one, let me know) 6MT threads into one. Will do first thing tomorrow morning unless there's some concerned pushback from the OPs.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

So we're in agreement to simply merge all of these three (if I missed one, let me know) 6MT threads into one. Will do first thing tomorrow morning unless there's some concerned pushback from the OPs.

Yes please! I had to flip through different threads when I was doing mine

Okay - This thread now contains the merged elements of the three main 6MT swap threads. This is still stickied so make sure you re-sub here if you were subbed to one of the other one. Redirects do not carry-through the merge process.

Carry-on smartly.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

That is the factory switches for an STI. DCCDpro will include them with their product if you decide to get them.

Looks good Wax, great job! Wasn't too bad was it cutting the holes and putting them there?

Edited by Scooby2.5

Looks good Wax, great job! Wasn't too bad was it cutting the holes and putting them there was it?

Thanks. I made a template on a cardboard to line both switches as close as possible. The hole I made was a bit small so the switches are really tight. I might file them down a bit more to make a better alignment (kinda slanted a bit).

The TPS tap I think is the most challenging. There are a bunch of wires in there and it was pretty hard to isolate the yellow/red for the tap.

i have a question i have been wondering about

when i install my dccd and my sti controls for it

has anyone done any type of led/custom identification like the sti cluster has to show how much the dccd is working and what you have set to?

any response would appreciated

thank you