LegacyGT.com

6MT Master Swap Thread

HAMMER DOWN

You are correct I believe. The only transmission that I know of that used those stubs was the 04 STI

In all of our legacy cases just remove them and use your stock axels, but make sure you change to the correct seals if you do that. NSFW has listed the correct ones.

You are correct I believe. The only transmission that I know of that used those stubs was the 04 STI

In all of our legacy cases just remove them and use your stock axels, but make sure you change to the correct seals if you do that. NSFW has listed the correct ones.

correct.

Stubs only matter if you're using an 04 STi tranny.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

if u bought this sti tranny what else could i be looking for to do a swap on my 05lgthttp://www.ebay.com/itm/06-Subaru-WRX-STI-transmission-swap-Pristine-condition-/290618667743?hash=item43aa38f2df&item=290618667743&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

The parts list is in the first post of this thread. You won't be using any of the axles in that package, but you could sell them to recover some of the cost.

It's a good price, someone should jump on it.

Went for a drive and came back with a transmission in my trunk....

6 speed wagons FTW!

It is nice to be able to throw a 6 speed and all the goodies in the back.

That is why I built my wagon instead of buying something different!

Oh how I want a 6 speed wagon. What trans did you get and what car is it going into?

05 6 speed into a 08 Legacy gt wagon.

It is nice to be able to throw a 6 speed and all the goodies in the back.

That is why I built my wagon instead of buying something different!

Lol I would have but it was a long drive so it went into the trunk of my 84 bmw euro diesel. :p

Also, a little bit of information for those that get an STi shift linkage. You can buy a 07+ Spec B stay rod and shifter rod so that it puts the shifter in the center of the console opening. You will reuse the STi shift lever and reverse lockout cable as well as the rubber boot thing on the bottom. If you plan on upgrading to an aftermarket shifter and are using the STi shift linkage, only 04-07 STi lever will work as after having a discussion and sending pictures to Tom @ Kartboy, he said that only the 04-07 STi shift lever will work with the STi linkage setup.

Part #'s for those that have STi shift linkages and want to center their shifters without cutting/welding/spacing:

Spec B Shifter Rod: 35041AG020

Spec B Shifter Stay: 35031AG020

Might be a nice to add to the first post.

05 6 speed into a 08 Legacy gt wagon.

Very nice, that is what I am thinking of doing myself in the future. How difficult is the automatic to manual portion of the swap. Is there a thread on it? Are you going to do a build thread?

Very nice, that is what I am thinking of doing myself in the future. How difficult is the automatic to manual portion of the swap. Is there a thread on it? Are you going to do a build thread?

I believe there is a thread on the Auto to manual conversion. I know it has been done and covered somewhere on LGT.com. There are several considerations/part that are needed though:

1) new manual ecu

2) new manual pedal assembly

3) a clutch master cylinder

4) crossmember if one does not come with the tranny

etc.