LegacyGT.com

Dealer tech takes my car on a 'test drive', at WOT... And I have video evidence...

Well, I wouldn't want anyone driving my car like that. I certainly don't think that is how they should be treating a customer's car.

Seems like the replies on jalopnik are a bunch of nasioc tools, who never even have anything of value to add to their own forum.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow. Did they smoke in your car? I heard the kid say he wanted a cigarette but he didn't want to be caught smoking in your car on camera. Seeing that they flipped the visor down like the passenger suggested earlier in the scene I would guess he did. Which in that case I would be ripped. Especially if you aren't a smoker with a car that has never been smoked in before. It is impossible to get it all out.

Secondly, it wasn't too bad until it got towards the end of the video. After I wash any of my cars I take it up to about 60 (in a 50 zone) for a couple miles to air dry the car before using the chamois. I never take it past 4 grand getting there though.

Once it got towards the end when they were killing your clutch I began to think it was unacceptable. Revving the engine very close to red line. They were very stupid to proceed with such bad judgment when they saw the camera right above them.

Just make sure these techs know it is unacceptable to treat customer's vehicles this way. Personally, I wouldn't seek any compensation but if something just so happened to be offered after viewing the video, I wouldn't deny it.

I think you're onto something there. Unless they cooked the clutch. You can hear the idiot asking the other guy if the air is cold at some point.

I drive my car like that every day. I would never drive anyone else's car like that. I wonder if the "70" comment would hold up in court to give that assclown a traffic violation as well.

You should contact the Better Business Bureau, your local media, and your lawyer. You should ensure that a) all involved are fired on the spot. and b) an extended (minimum 100k mile) warranty at no cost.

lol

Wow, Id be pissed, that amount of smoke w/ them beating on it doesnt seem too good, engine might still be cold??? Also at the end where they just revved the car and then turned off the car, not very smart on a turbo car Id say.

I drive my car like that every day. I would never drive anyone else's car like that.

Exactly. The idea of WOT doesn't bother me... when I'm in the car.

But to have somebody I don't know doing it in my vehicle when I'm not around? No way in hell is that OK.

now remember if you do get these guys fired theyll just get a job somewhere else and screw others peoples car at whatever shop they work at...

Not necessarily true. If you get fired for dragging in a customer's car you are probably not going to be doing that at your next job. Also, before hiring them the new employer will probably check their employment history and find out why they were fired from their previous job.

Getting busted by your boss for abusing a customer's car would be more than enough to scare most people straight.

This is why I fear bringing my swapped Impreza to places to get worked on. I would never ever bring it to places like that. I'd lower the rev limit to 4000rpms, and also ZERO out my wastegate values.

I leave my car in I-mode somewhat safe I guess.

P.S guess whoes got a good sale going on www.impactguns.com get an ak for a couple hundred and have as much fun with those fuckers as they did with your car.

Taking time away from playing GTA to pontificate eh? Good job genius. It's pretty clear the OP has the evidence to handle this civilly. Okay, you can get back to your gangsta rap.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Archived