LegacyGT.com

Dealer tech takes my car on a 'test drive', at WOT... And I have video evidence...

Kindness=Weakness....I'd be on top of someones desk.

I like to choose my battles more carefully. I can't get all worked up every time my cameras catch something funky - I'd spend half my life worked up! ;)

No, I think a word in their ear should suffice.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand the reasoning for having the camera. It's good subtle insurance. And I'd probably have about the same attitude about it, that you do.

A nice whisper to the dealership owner would be prudent. If he's wise he'll offer you some free service visits or parts, so you might make out nicely without having to really get upset.

Have you posted info on what you have for a dashcam anywhere? Sounds like a handy device to have: we have five company vehicles.

Part 1: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77627

Part 2: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78161

Part 3: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94785

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I thought you said your clutch stank? That sounds like tangible damage to me.

Havent'd figured that one out yet. Nothing on the video appears to show any clutch abuse - no racing starts or anything - just a speeding and fast acceleration.

At one point in the video as he's driving down a 45mph road he says; "That's 70!". Although the GPS was not active at the time (too early in the journey, GPS was still acquiring satellites) I was able to use landmarks to prove him correct. And he was honked at by someone although it's not immediately apparent why.

I would be livid about this OMG!!!:mad: This is like every persons numero uno dealer nightmare! Man would I sue:mad::mad:

On a lighter note: What a great way to sell a dvr system for a car :) Have one of those infomercials with the video evidence running and at the end say "Got video?".

My techs at the boat stores would always run the boats at WOT after a service or anywork to do with the engine/prop...but I guess thats different.

I always let my boats warm up before running them WOT. I don't care how big or small the engine is, it has to warm up before being beat on.

IMHO you're being waay too easy on them..

Some kids are toying with your hard earned money without consequence, you're enabling them & the dealerships to get away with it.. I would insist that someone is suspended/fired & your drivetrain be fully covered for the next 60k miles.. I would also post the dealership name and your incident on the primary Subaru forums.. This stuff happens all too often, but it's not caught 90% of the time IMO..

I would contact SOA for documentation purposes. I would also ask them about it without presenting the evidence first. Depending on their honesty, I would then decide how far to persue it.

The could have caused unseen damage to the engine by WOT with a cold motor, and lessened the life of your clutch by thousands of miles. I would be severely upset.

Archived