LegacyGT.com

Dealer tech takes my car on a 'test drive', at WOT... And I have video evidence...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This thread may be big but it's still half the size of our "funniest phrases/questions you've heard about your Legacy" thread.:lol::lol:

yeah but that thread was started 11/4/2007.

this thread was started on MONDAY.

just wait another 2 years and this thread will be epic. :p

That thread's been around for 1 year+, this thread's been around 3 days and it's half its size already. xD

I'd agree with the OP, what they did wasn't as bad as I expected to see in the vid, but I'd at least request an agreement that if any future damage can be traced back to this abuse, the body shop should accept responsibility.

I wonder how many PM's the OP has gotten from the media so far... I'm sure they're dying to run this story.

I love how this video has nearly 19,000 views already.

Like I said in my only reply in this thread so far, you're doing a lot more to ruin this dealership's reputation (a good thing IMO) than you would have just by pitching a justified fit at the service desk.

And to all those who doubted Scruit, I think it's time to start giving people the benefit of the doubt, no? (e-lecture over)

If those techs don't get reprimanded in a severe way from the dealer, I'd DEFINITELY start a case with SOA and the dealer/customer relations. No way those shitstains should still be employeed there. Who knows how many other cars they've done it to...

If you get SOA involved those guys won't have jobs by the end of the day after seeing the video that's for sure.....

If those techs don't get reprimanded in a severe way from the dealer, I'd DEFINITELY start a case with SOA and the dealer/customer relations. No way those shitstains should still be employeed there. Who knows how many other cars they've done it to...

If you get SOA involved those guys won't have jobs by the end of the day after seeing the video that's for sure.....

SOA wouldn't want to fire these guys. It's takes a large investment to replace top notch, high value employees... :lol:

if any of you reading are from other boards- (and why we are all up in arms about this thing)

1) very bad to drive a turbo vehicle wot on a cold engine. oil is not circulated or up to temp and the turbo's lubricant is that oil. put 1+1 together and i'd say his turbo has had a few months of life knocked off.

2) it is very hard to spin the tires on an AWD car. legacys are decently heavy and grip fairly well. i have lotso power and even on 5k rpm launches the car is eerily silent. which brings us to #3

3) our cars are quiet. very quiet. my car with a catback exhaust is quieter than a stock miata. hard to tell exactly how fast they were going by sound alone.

car for sale. PM me!

They are probably oblivious enough to their wrongdoing that they would gloat about it and attempt to show it off to their goon buddies!

That's what I was thinking .....

Look at me .... I'm on teh internets .... :lol:

Update: Noon 2/19: The video has made it back to the dealership upper management. Someone who saw the video recognized the place and knew higher-ups.

I have been assured that those involved have been dealt with by the upper management although nobody is likely to lose a job over this. I just don't think their conduct rises to the level of getting fired for it.

Really? Even though these dirtbags may have severely damaged your clutch? A clutch that recent discussions here have revealed would set you back $1300, were it to go out a few miles down the road from this incident?

I would demand a new clutch from Subaru.

As for firing those guys, yeah, you are a bigger man than me, as well.

Forget firing them, I would be ready to take them all on at once, my blood would be boiling from this.

Glad you caught them in the act, I suspect this sort of thing repeats itself daily in stealerships across the nation.

--

Scruit, thanks are due from this quarter for making me feel better about spending money. Had a minor flaw in the paint on mine, but after a conversation with the dealership I just didn't have that warm fuzzy feeling, even though they would have done the repair in warranty.

In the end I took the car to a highly recommended body shop on my own dime. Sorry for your experience, but I feel better about my choice after this thread.

Good god this thing got big fast....:eek:

On a side note, anyone visiting from another part of cyberspace, before deciding just how severe this abuse was, or whether they drove it harder than Scruit has (which he willingly admitted they didnt, aside from it being cold)...put yourself in his shoes, with your own car. Anyone that wouldnt be upset about this happening obviously has no respect for their own posessions, and likely noone elses either. It would be nice to have myself some $18K toys that I could beat the shit out of daily, and not care, but to a lot of people, that is their most expensive investment. Maybe they didnt drive it harder than the average owner, but the key word there is "owner."

:soap_box:

I guess the only redeeming quality for tweedle dick and tweedle dumb is they weren't wearing their maintenance uniforms..But that's not a socket but most likely a oneie by the looks of the tool passenger....Sad thing is that douchebag probably has no idea how to drive stick since he's in the passenger seat on both videos...LOL What a tool!

Archived