LegacyGT.com

Dealer tech takes my car on a 'test drive', at WOT... And I have video evidence...

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone can sue anyone for any reason. Whether or not they win is another matter altogether.

Then whats the worry, the hassle? It makes sense, but the dealer really would have nothing to get you on. You're not defaming or libeling the dealership in any way.

I dont think there are videos

Tell me your youtube account name so I can block you. :rolleyes:

No, what I am doing is making a highlight reel from the 9 minutes of mostly boring video, and adding subtitles. It takes a while to do that. Comments like "Video or GTFO" etc are not going to make VideoFactory render any more quickly. Chill out.

Yo guys, chill out. If you don't believe it, unsubscribe. But don't talk shit to this guy, ok? Great.

Take your time with the vid man, it's all good, let us know when it ready. :)

Yo guys, chill out. If you don't believe it, unsubscribe. But don't talk shit to this guy, ok? Great.

Take your time with the vid man, it's all good, let us know when it ready. :)

Tnx man.

I have about pulled about 7-9 interesting segments from the raw video and I've put together about a 2 minute highlights video. Subtitling them as we speak.

You're a bigger man than I.

Had I caught this on my car, I would be very pissed, and have posted more details already.

I hope the management gives you a good answer that satisfies you, as there is no excuse for driving like that to test your car.

Are you calling BS on the tech's behavior, or BS on me? :confused:

I think it is bullshit, that the workers did that to your car.... Sorry I didn't write more earlier. They should pay for what they did.

They look a brainy pair. :lol:

This pair of numpties were fully aware of the camera - they even remarked that "There's no laptop back there, so it can't be recording." Then they convinced each other that I was a Google StreetView driver. In a later video the passenger said; "There's a whole bunch of wiring in the trunk - can tell if it's recording." So... That means they went looking for the camera gear and found it - even though it's hidden behind a false panel in the trunk...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92540

If those techs are still there when you return to talk to the manager then that means they weren't fired, nor suspended. Getting yelled at won't stop them from doing this again to another customer's car. It's not about getting free stuff out of this, it's more about making the management realize that it is a big deal, and the only way they realize that is if it costs them money. A simple apology is going to be interpreted as "no harm, no foul."

...and if you happened to get something out of it, even better.

story: At a Honda dealership around my way, two tech were "test driving" a customer's S2000, and slammed into a pole. IIRC the dealership replaced the car.

Good luck man.

I just watched the 4:20 second video and OMG I didn't even realize that young guys still behaved like that (disclaimer: Joefrompa = still a young guy).

I was trying to figure out the dealership because I believe Scruit is in SE PA, near me. If it's a certain dealership near Route 611, I'm going to freaking flip out.

Oh, and by the way, you can clearly tell they redlined your car while cold because the rear-facing picture showed all the white exhaust coming out your pipes when they revved it out. Though this isn't a car-breaker as a once in a lifetime event, you'll never know what got excess wear that day.

Complete and utter BS. I'd just flat out demand a longer powertrain warranty.

Oh, and by the way, why do people drive like that where they are practically leaning against the steering wheel? It doesn't look cool and it doesn't help your driving skillz.....

Anyhoo...GL Scruit.

Joe

Archived