LegacyGT.com

testes1010's '05 LGT Mod thread.

testes1010

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh... that must be it. I'm also not liking my winter fuel blend, BTW, because they put 15% more gas in my ethanol... my E85 is just E70 right now.

If I was running straight e85 in the winter, my car would struggle to start. I don't like e70 either, but atleast the car starts up:lol:

If I was running straight e85 in the winter, my car would struggle to start. I don't like e70 either, but atleast the car starts up:lol:

Hey Joel where do you fill up your leggy to get real 100% gas (when not getting the e85 from the sinclair south of BYU campus of course)? I usually use the chevron on 800 N and University....I should check to see which ones are gas gas and which ones are cocktails of ethanol.

I should just get a bunch of methanol and ethanol from the chem stockroom and make my own cocktails FTW :lol:

Testes...you are making me want a vf-52...need to blow my stocker!

Hey Joel where do you fill up your leggy to get real 100% gas (when not getting the e85 from the sinclair south of BYU campus of course)? I usually use the chevron on 800 N and University....I should check to see which ones are gas gas and which ones are cocktails of ethanol.

I should just get a bunch of methanol and ethanol from the chem stockroom and make my own cocktails FTW :lol:

Testes...you are making me want a vf-52...need to blow my stocker!

The shell on center street and costco both offer real 91 (no ethanol)

As for the VF-52, i'll need some even fatty-er injectors and a new pump to run e85 with this turbo. Need more monies!:lol:

Finally got around to installing the Tuning Alliance TMIC however I've not really had a chance to log anything. I need to square up the fitment a bit.

Also 'fabbed' up a splitter of sorts to direct the air correctly into the new TMIC, the stock lower splitter will not work well with the Tuning Alliance setup. I used Air conditioning foam insulation(window air conditioner) and Permatex Adhesive to secure it to the factory upper splitter, the lower portion of the factory splitter was completely removed as well as the mid-divider in the upper portion of the scoop.

Pics are below, right click > Open in new Window(must be too large for the forum image viewer):

P2230244.thumb.JPG.3a09542d26d7d2d6a7381218be261c3b.JPG

P3010246.thumb.JPG.dea30a16c50ebb4e43de53330c28c9d0.JPG

P3010247.thumb.JPG.fe38411ddf541e5fc151c2737c8452d2.JPG

P3010248.thumb.JPG.628f178596f16ba15a6ee9ada9a7725d.JPG

P3010249.thumb.JPG.1427270ea672d0d427ec605dd7e9a8cb.JPG

P3010250.thumb.JPG.8fe8b6c28ec59f89474d1dc6085ac784.JPG

P3010251.thumb.JPG.3298669ea7e9b4f8559d2a996e5102f9.JPG

wow looks efficient.. does that affect the underhood temps? I thought there was supposed to be flow over the turbo side of the motor too.. where there was a splitter.. you think the foam will be secure enough when you are going 70-80mph? would suck to have foam melted to the motor somewhere cause it came loose.. hehe.

wow look at the size of that thing.

thats what she said......:cool: ( I know its played out but believe it or not thats the first time I've used the phrase)

honestly the core is still small but much larger than the stocker. My Hyperflow WRX TMIC would eat this TMIC for lunch.

wow looks efficient.. does that affect the underhood temps? I thought there was supposed to be flow over the turbo side of the motor too.. where there was a splitter.. you think the foam will be secure enough when you are going 70-80mph?

I never had a problem with air not going over the turbo on my wrx. The foam is definitely secure, after 15 minutes or so of curing I realized it was off a bit on one side and tried to move it, hmmm no.

Have you had a chance to fight with the fitment any? Perhaps it's just me, but it looks crooked, and fit/finish is the primary reason i haven't bought one of these yet. Price is good, looks great, but if it's shabby fitment wise i'll buy an avo or perrin.

Have you had a chance to fight with the fitment any? Perhaps it's just me, but it looks crooked, and fit/finish is the primary reason i haven't bought one of these yet. Price is good, looks great, but if it's shabby fitment wise i'll buy an avo or perrin.

I definitely need to straighten it a bit. The fitment is not as good as most WRX TMIC were on the WRX however the setup does give you some flexibility for installation I just need to level it up a bit.

I had the in & out pipes completely refabbed by a buddy of mine, I was not happy with the weldment on the pipes or the IC bpv flange.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived