LegacyGT.com

testes1010's '05 LGT Mod thread.

testes1010

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you still running a VF52 or did you switch? I see you have a DIY TMIC.

What was the temp for those logs, 310g/s seems to be flowing pretty good.

Curious also... VF52? 16.x psi at redline looks high for a VF52.

Still on the VF52. Intake Temps were ~65*F. Yes, shes still flowing well. Once the DW740cc go in(eek, +100%IDC at 4700rpm), I plan on running ~24psi peak at least during the cooler weather; I don't believe I'll be able to get by with it during the summer on the TMIC though.

Current Mod list:

Crucial DP, Racepipe, P&P&C'd manifold, Uppipe

Grimmspeed v1 x-pipe

Magnaflow Catback

KSTech 70mm CAI

TA Style TMIC

Hallman PRO

VF52

Mods that need to go on:

DW740 injectors

Walbro 255

APS DualVent BPV

Finish wiring the LC-1

10" Radiator fan for TMIC(pull-thru)

Tial 38mm WG

(4) LFR7AIX

Maybe a few dyno runs this evening or in the morning.

Again, great thread testes. My maf g/s peaks and holds a dead flat plateau from 5200-7000rpms. Yours keeps rising. That suggests I might be able to get more out of my tune. I use the stock BCS and run 95%+ WGDC after 5krpms. I figured thats about where the turbo chokes out anyways (running 13.5psi at redline here at 5400ft altitude, E85) so I haven't been concerned about trying to get more out of it. Then again, I'm on stock intake/paper filter so I might be getting choked off there too... but at this altitude I'm just pushing low 240's for MAF g/s.

10" TMIC radiator fan?? Cool. I'll be watching.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

10" TMIC radiator fan?? Cool. I'll be watching.

Coming from the WRX with a 3-4" scoop with a proper sized TMIC and shrouding I've become disgusted with the tiny LGT scoop during the summer heat. The pull-thru radiator fan is my last resort before going to a FMIC or something else(meth/water injection).

I picked up a ebay fan for $25, if it works well then breaks I'll pick a FAL or some better name brand one, if it doesn't work out well I'm only out $25.

I would to see some more info in this TMIC fan.... Interesting idea

I picked up this(it fits the TA style cores very well, its too big for the stocker but they make 8" & 9" fans as well):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330350014018&viewitem=

I'll somehow fasten it to the TMIC, ziptie thru the core or something. Not sure if I'm going to hook it up to a switch or just have it run anytime the car is running.

Why not go alky, then you don't need bigger injectors? (at least till you get a bigger turbo)

True, I ran meth/water on the WRX and loved it but there's a big risk in running it. Along with some additional maintenance involved(fluid level checks & plug changes more often). Also there's the first E85 pump locally, so there's another reason to upgrade injectors.:lol:

True, I ran meth/water on the WRX and loved it but there's a big risk in running it. Along with some additional maintenance involved(fluid level checks & plug changes more often). Also there's the first E85 pump locally, so there's another reason to upgrade injectors.:lol:

I hear ya. If I had E85 I wouldn't even bother with meth, so long as I could get it where I used the car. (trips, etc...)

What are your thoughts on the zero sports intercooler splitter? I bought one and it seems they direct half the scoop to the first 3 rows or so? If you took the splittler out and sealed it to the TMIC wouldnt the pressure equalize all over and be the best option? My main problem is the the factory engine cover retaining so much heat and not allowing enough flow over the turbo. My new goal is to create a seal that connects to the hood and directly to the intercooler, similar to the stock one. Someone just came out with one for the 09 wrx with their intercooler. That is the setup I have been imagining for a while.

Looks like they did a real nice job, a little expensive though.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119336

What are your thoughts on the zero sports intercooler splitter?

From what I've seen of the 'most' the splitters on the market the majority of them, however functional, are moreso 'bling'. Removing the 'middle' splitter does sound like the way to go.

This is on 93 octane?

Yes, non-E10 93. I tried getting by running leaner than 11.4-11.5:1AFR to save on injector duty but the car didn't like it so much. Many of the maxed out STG2-ish STi's I've tuned seem to love it at ~10.8-10.9:1 even on our good 93 octane.

• 1 month later...

Mods that need to go on:

DW740 injectors CoolingMist Meth/Water Injection Basic Trunk Mount Kit

Walbro 255

APS DualVent BPV

Finish wiring the LC-1

10" Radiator fan for TMIC(pull-thru)

Tial 38mm WG

(4) LFR7AIX

^:eek:

5-7gph pre-Throttle body, 1.3gph pre-turbo similar to my old WRX.

^:eek:

5-7gph pre-Throttle body, 1.3gph pre-turbo similar to my old WRX.

I have thought about doing a small pre-turbo jet, heard it helps with boost threshold. Is that true?

I wonder if it will work in the really cold temps? (-20ish on a regular basis) or if it will cause pooling in the TMIC?

I have thought about doing a small pre-turbo jet, heard it helps with boost threshold. Is that true?

I wonder if it will work in the really cold temps? (-20ish on a regular basis) or if it will cause pooling in the TMIC?

I don't really recall. The way I thought about, it cools the compressor internally, in turn making the compressor map more efficient(something that is seriously needed on the VF52) and the intercooling more efficient.

By only using a small nozzle its really just getting everything damp, shouldn't really be pooling with a small nozzle. With a 1.3gph nozzle you'll only be spraying 1.4cc/sec, the longest consistent run you'll do would be at a drag strip of 11-12 secs of actual spray of 15.4cc-16.8cc(~1 tablespoon) by volume.

I don't really recall. The way I thought about, it cools the compressor internally, in turn making the compressor map more efficient(something that is seriously needed on the VF52) and the intercooling more efficient.

By only using a small nozzle its really just getting everything damp, shouldn't really be pooling with a small nozzle. With a 1.3gph nozzle you'll only be spraying 1.4cc/sec, the longest consistent run you'll do would be at a drag strip of 11-12 secs of actual spray of 15.4cc-16.8cc(~1 tablespoon) by volume.

It is still going to cool it a bit.

I do road courses, so, much more then a few secs of spray. I have heard it can cause deterioration of the comp blades. How much, or how fast till it becomes considerable, I don't know.

I think I may have to try it.

Archived