LegacyGT.com

testes1010's '05 LGT Mod thread.

testes1010

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harbor Freight has/had some nice stainless "zip ties" I got in case any on my APS need reinforcement.

BTW, you know your stuff. I paid $300 for the special APS wrap kit for my headers, what you're doing will work just as well, if not better. My only comment would have to do with water drainage, but I'm sure you've thought of that.

Yup, I've seen the ties you are referring to at Harbor Freight, I ended up picking a handful of ss worm clamps from Rural King to secure the Al pans.

I've considered the water drainage issue, I figured the water will quickly turn to steam once it hits the pipe, but thats definitely something I'll be watching for.

I generally use BP/Amoco non-E10 93 or Sunoco non-E10 93. No octane booster, most of its garbage anyways.

Now is there a way to determine if there is or is not any Ethanol in a given batch of gas on the pump? I have a BP/Amoco right down the road from me and an Exxon the other direction. Neither has done me wrong except for 1 bad tank in the last 7 years.:rolleyes:

Now is there a way to determine if there is or is not any Ethanol in a given batch of gas on the pump? I have a BP/Amoco right down the road from me and an Exxon the other direction. Neither has done me wrong except for 1 bad tank in the last 7 years.:rolleyes:

Most pumps have to say if they contain ethanol. The E10 ones will say they can contain up to 10% ethanol whereas the ones that contain no ethanol doesn't say anything about ethanol in the mix.

Testes can i use the map that you iploaded om romrader.com if i have dp/up both catless, perrin drop in and GFB BOV. Thanks

You'd need disable P0420(unless you've got the mech fix), and make sure to get some good logs(regardless of STG1 or STG2)...post them up if you get a chance.

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/uploads/monthly_12_2008/post-367-1228667627.jpg

Bolted on all the above exhaust parts and took it for a spin(no ECU map changes, none this is still the same STG1 map I've posted on Romraider), nice gains in the torque & quite a bit in the upper end. By the end of the week I should have a STG2 map ironed out. There was a bit of KC in the midrange that wasn't there before so I'm sure that hurt the numbers a bit.

STG2 Mods w/ STG1 Map w/ Magnaflow CBE vs. STG1 Map w/ Magnaflow CBE(+17whp/+11wtq peak, although there's ~25whp/~20wtq gain at redline):

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/uploads/monthly_12_2008/post-367-1230481515.gif

STG2 Mods w/ STG1 Map w/ Magnaflow CBE vs. 100% stock(+51whp/+57wtq max):

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/uploads/monthly_12_2008/post-367-1230482766.gif

1898293978_STG2Mods_ST1MapvsSTG1MapwithMagnaflowCBElog.jpg.694f353af93c04be73fae94903a982d3.jpg

Great info, I am looking forward to see what it puts down tuned.

It may not happen, plumes of smoke from the tailpipe hint of a blown VF40 @ 60,666miles(how fitting)......I'll pull the DP in the next day or two for inspection. Brightside, looks like an upgrade is just as cheap as a used VF40.

If you need a vf40 to get you by I have one with no shaft play with 50k on it I would sell you for dirt cheap, especially after your sharing the knowledge in this thread. But judging by your previous mods I wouldn't expect you to be looking at another stocker. Either way, good luck and keep the info coming.

If you need a vf40 to get you by I have one with no shaft play with 50k on it I would sell you for dirt cheap, especially after your sharing the knowledge in this thread. But judging by your previous mods I wouldn't expect you to be looking at another stocker. Either way, good luck and keep the info coming.

Thanks for the offer, I may actually be interested depending on what I find out once the DPs off the car.

As I pulling it up on ramp to remove the DP, the notorious turbo chirp, as in, compressor or turbine scraping the housing was heard. However once removed there was no damage to either comp or turbine(yet) but major shaftplay side to side & up & down. Glad the smoke was a taddle tail to the trouble, could have been alot worse.

Still trying to decide on what path to take, upgrade or just pickup a low mileage stocker.

nice, i'm very interested to see what you can do with that vf52.

so black smoke is an indication of the turbo going? someone told me once that I had black smoke coming out of my tailpipes when i first turned the engine on after sitting overnight during a snow storm (cleared room for the tail pipes to breath, though) but I havent seen any myself or had anyone else say anything. guess i should look into it...

Archived