LegacyGT.com

testes1010's '05 LGT Mod thread.

testes1010

I have a .4mm nozzle on my perrin just above the turbo. Richard from aquamist suggested it to me. By touch during the summer months i can feel a HUGE difference in core temperature. He didnt suggest doing it in the winter months due to condensation but I am glad i put it in there. Talk to Richard about the pre turbo jet as well, he has all of the info that would help you out.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have heard it can cause deterioration of the comp blades. How much, or how fast till it becomes considerable, I don't know.

I ran the preturbo nozzle on my 20G on my WRX, when turbo was pulled(by the new owner, I was there) the compressor looked fine, no abnormal wear on the blades. The turbo had ~40k miles on it.

I have a .4mm nozzle on my perrin just above the turbo. Richard from aquamist suggested it to me. By touch during the summer months i can feel a HUGE difference in core temperature. He didnt suggest doing it in the winter months due to condensation but I am glad i put it in there. Talk to Richard about the pre turbo jet as well, he has all of the info that would help you out.

I have personally talked to him a few times.

Just never talked to anyone that used it in colder temps.

• 3 weeks later...
I can haz mor fuelz?:(

Shes' leaning out just over 100%.

So I'm going to install the walbro and bump/crush the fuel pressure +10psi to see if I can get it under 100% IDC.

Is crushing the FPR a valid way to get a bit more fuel? A local shop will do Walbro installed for $200, but wants $499 + $200 install for injectors :eek:

Even with the crush you'll need the fuel pump. I'd expect a 5-10% reduction in IDC% with 10psi increase in fuel pressure.

You'll need a remap for the increased fuel pressure.

Well, yeah - $200 for a pump upgrade isn't that bad.

$700 for injectors seems a little high. So, I'm wondering if pump for $200 + some FPR-crushing goodness can help deliver a little more fuel..

I'm assuming the tuner will know how to handle the tuning part - how to handle the FPR part?

If you are willing to do some logging, I can supply you one via email. PM me for details.

Jeremy

I'm running a conservative e-tune from Testes(Jeremy) and I couldn't be happier. After its all said and done, I will have gotten four tunes from you(3 of them have been/will be in person). Thanks.

Is their a link to more info on the FPR mod?

On a different note, I am running 93 octane with afr target of about 11.1-11.2 on the high end. My IDCs are already at 96% @ 270 g/sec on the stock turbo...I am in trouble when it gets cold.

A small update to the Walbro GSS342 install and Fuel Pressure Regulator crush mod(~10psi increase in static fuel pressure):

Using the calculator on Deatchwerks website 'new' fuel flow(you can also figure it out by (stock injector flow / sqrt(old fuel pressure/new fuel pressure)) should be ~577cc/min(stock fuel pressure 43.5psi, new fuel pressure approx. 53.5psi and stock fuel flow of 520cc/min).

So to test this morning with 'normal' map, Injector Flow scaling still stock @ 520cc/min, after 30 minutes of 'mixed' driving and idling my LearningView shows a -7.4% in Col.A. Expecting a negative 8-9%(calculated), it wasn't that far off considering the relatively short trip.

On the way home from work I set the Injector flow scaling to 577cc/min. After a 20-25 minute drive home of mixing driving and idling my LearningView shows a +0.10% in Col.A. Looks to be pretty close so far. Tomorrow evening I'll hook up the wideband and check the upper end of the RPM & Load. I did forget to modify the tip-in table so I'll do that in the morning and drive on it a few days assuming the WBo2 checks out OK.

I'll keep the thread updated, same as always,

Jeremy

Archived