LegacyGT.com

The GT-R is super fast, for a while

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna say, i know there has to be alot of people with far more than 20 launchs on there stick LGT, like i said i have about 40 on my 5eat and it still shifts great.

EVeryone is liek he did 20 launches i n2 weeks like thats alot. Unless he did 20 launches in a row 20 launches is 20 launches, whether its 2 weeks or 2 years.

Your right it was RWD, a RWD car that had drag radials and was launched 4-5k each time. Does the GTR launch at 5k? And the GTR opwners take the VDC or traction control off to launch just like you would with a RWD car. As for my legacy it is a 5EAT and i have launched it alot more times than 20 lol. My car also hads 50k miles on it and i dont even know how many times the previous owner launched it but i have probably launched it 30-40 times at 3000-3200rpms.

How does your 5eat still function?

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

I still don't get it... include a feature and the ability to disengage something to USE that feature. Then, don't warranty the trans when you disengage that something to USE a feature THEY told you about.

Did I get that right? :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Yes, there is no slipping as it shits smooth:lol::lol:.

I doubt the tranny is sturdy, i think so far i have just been lucky. I mean i hear on here about how guys have 5eats blow after like 5 launches at stage 2. Im sure it will break within the next 20-30kmiles since im not planning on stopping the launches. But thats what 100kmile extended warrentys are for. Thank god its not a nissan warrenty:)

Yes, there is no slipping as it shits smooth:lol::lol:.

I doubt the tranny is sturdy, i think so far i have just been lucky. I mean i hear on here about how guys have 5eats blow after like 5 launches at stage 2. Im sure it will break within the next 20-30kmiles since im not planning on stopping the launches. But thats what 100kmile extended warrentys are for. Thank god its not a nissan warrenty:)

Good luck with that warranty stuff, had a slight flare in rpms when shifting, took it to the dealer, kept it real with them, told them about some mods. They pretty much said we washed the car and clean the carpets, but your warranty is void, we wont touch the car.:lol:

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

That sucks, when it blows i will just put oem parts on and reflash it to stock. The GM dealership here popped my hood when a valve spring broke and saw, headers, exhaust, intake, intake manifold and called me and said whats up with all these mods. I just said the car was like that when i bought it and all the work was covered lol.

I don't think the GT-R sucks, in fact I would still love to own one. Then again I also don't think it is the king of cars either, and my interest in drag racing is non existent. I am more interested in lot's of useful power while already moving, and excellent handling and grip. The GT-R accomplishes this nicely.

Then again it would chap my ass not to be able to use a feature on the car too many times without voiding the warranty, and a delicate transmission is not acceptable at all. Nor is the retarded dealer mark up acceptable. Start adding $ to the car and I could find something even nicer and more capable for that amount of money.

I hope any potential buyers are informed, especially with the rediculous markup.

it is in the contract u sign and also in the warranty manual. that extended durations with VDC off is potential for voiding warranty.

VDC is only to be turned off if stuck in mud/snow/loose gravel situations as stated in there.

it is in the contract u sign and also in the warranty manual. that extended durations with VDC off is potential for voiding warranty.

VDC is only to be turned off if stuck in mud/snow/loose gravel situations as stated in there.

Yeah along with the bunch of other junk you sign. But even still im sure no one would of thought the POS would take a dump so quickly.

Archived