LegacyGT.com

The GT-R is super fast, for a while

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From my understanding -- Nissan doesn't warranty it if you turn off traction control. Apparently you need to turn it off to do the "launches" and when you buy the car you have to sign an agreement understanding that and that Nissan doesn't cover it if you turn off traction control.
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I heard that it was super fast until the turbo's become too full from all the cats, childrens toys, and other random junk that they suck in.

I also heard that the GT-R runs on the souls of the Japaneese Samuri and will only be fast as long as there are still souls to feed on.

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

I heard that it was super fast until the turbo's become too full from all the cats, childrens toys, and other random junk that they suck in.

I also heard that the GT-R runs on the souls of the Japaneese Samuri and will only be fast as long as there are still souls to feed on.

Wow... That may be the best statement ever to be typed in this forum:lol:

:lol:

This is a great thread for everyone who jackedoff to the amazing transmission and all these new gadgets in the GTR. What good is it all if it breaks and or if you cant use it without voiding the warrenty on a 100k car. GG nissan, your about to loose alot of loyal followers, they obviously know that the tranny is weak if they put in the manual or have you sign something that if it breaks with VDC off they wont warrenty it. So you cant even launch the car without voiding the warrenty. This car just keeps getting better and better

Wow. So all the articles written about them and their 0-60 times were actually using a feature that voids the warranty on the tranny??? The techs show you at the dealership how to use LC with VDC off and then the manual states that voids the tranny warranty??? Mixed messages much? :rolleyes:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I used to be one of those guys who wanted a GTR desperately, but after all this, not so much. If its too good to be true it probably is, how can a sub-100k car compete with some of the most expensive cars in the world, i guess they cut corners. Is that guy a tool for launching the sucker 20+ times in 2 weeks, yes! BUT thats the most advertised aspect of the GTR that it had launch control and that it could achieve 3.4 seconds to 60 doing so. Too bad they didnt advertise the voided warranty part. Another classic example of a performance car breaking by using its performance and then being denied a warranty by using said performance.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Well any racing voids a warrenty, if your car blows at the track, your warrenty is void if they can find out somehow where you were. Now Nissan has taken it one step further and said that if you even drive to often with VDC off that your warrenty is void. If thats the case VDC should not be able to be turned off and the GTRs 0-60 time would be 5-6 seconds lol not 3.4 so Nissan would have no bragging rights. Having VDC on slows you down when circuit racing aswell. So if you wanna use your high end sports car for anything other than driving the speed limit and looking cool, your gonna void the warrenty and be stuck with a 20k bill on top of the 100k you have already paid for the car.

I would like to see what they go by to decide if you have had VDC off too much in the past 48 hours of driving. Is it just simply turning it off once or does it have to be a certain number of times?

I too loved the GTR and wanted one sooo bad. But this new one has lost touch. Its no longer a tuner car, it is now a vq engine which to me is a turn off compared to the RB and it only comes with this clutchless tranny. Nissan was right when they said this GTR isnt like the GTRs of old, but not in a good way as they intended.

No no no. :) If you take it off ONCE and they find issues with your tranny... DENIED. ONCE is all it takes. They are keeping the info well guarded cause they DON'T want you to know what happened. That's the whole point: F-ck you your car broke pay us now. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

If thats the case everyone should be trading there skyliens in for a 370z. Hopefully you can still take the VDC off that car and not void the warrenty, cause i cant tell you for sure that its doesnt void it on 350zs. I have had a couple of friends who owned them and only 1 has a 350z still, why becasue the 6 speeds in those cars were weak aswell. All 3 of my friends had grinding when they would shift into 3rd and 6th. And now the friend who still has his and has had the tranny,flywheel and clutch replaced 3 months ago has grinding when he shifts into 6th again.

You'd think that buying their top of the line car would earn you more loyalty than what their showing. I guess not, now i cant complain about SoA atleast they tell you why your screwed, even if it is a BS reason.:lol:

Correction

I hope this isnt the tranny they are planning to use in the spec v LOL

Archived