LegacyGT.com

The GT-R is super fast, for a while

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's only because you don't know HOW to drive a MT. :eek::hide::spin:

:lol:

whoa whoa whoa, i know how to drive one, i just dont know how to drive one well, give me 2 days in your car nick, you'll either need a new clutch or i would have master the shifting on it to the point where the gears shift themselves, i'm that good.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

All i have to say is, i would be overly insanely pissed. I just bought a car from a dealer for 100,000 dollars. I used a button installed by Nissan to deactivate VDC and then i get stuck with another 20k bill. 20k that you cant just take out an auto loan for. What if your one of those guys who such a nissan GTR enthusiast freak that you put all you had into getting your dream car. Well now you have a 100k paper weight sitting in your garage, that you do anythign with until you save 20k.

Im not bring on a built manual tranny vs a completely build auto. There are auto tranny rated up to 2500hp, i have never seen even a built manual rated above 1000.

You are not looking all that hard then ;)

In any case; the magazines should go out and retest the GT-R with all of the nannies in place and see how super it is in the real world.

You are not looking all that hard then ;)

In any case; the magazines should go out and retest the GT-R with all of the nannies in place and see how super it is in the real world.

Can you send me a link, because i was really looking back when i was gonna swap out the 430rwhp ls1 and start a 1000hp twin turbo setup in my T/A, but i never really found and stick trannys that were good above 1000trq.

As for the nanny part i totally agree, it would loose alot of time

lol. like we don't void our warranty's on our LGT's and subies too? Any car manuf won't warranty the trans or engine if they catch you racing the car. If you go rally your STI and break the tranny at an event, SOA is going to deny the claim even though it's a "rally" car. Why would Nissan be any different? The difference is that we didn't pay twice the amount of course nor do we have as intricate of a black box tattle tale system.

I can say if I had the money, I'd still buy a new GTR. and now after driving one.... oh yeah.... it's awesome.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Guest heightsgtltd

The fact that we don't have a special box recording every detail of what we do is quite a big difference ;)

Not to mention, have you heard of something similar from Lamborghini, Aston Martin or Maserati? That would be a no...

This is what happens when a family sedan car company releases a high performance car.

AKLGT, you would still get one even though people are blowing the transmission after 20 launches. And this is alot different then SOA catching you racing, All you have to do is turn off the VDC, it never said anything about racing. Simply driving with the VDC off will net you a 20k bill if your tranny breaks. You would still get one why? Would you baby it everwhere you go? These people breaking these cars have less than 10k miles on them. So you would pay 90k or more for a car that you have to pay 20k every 10k miles to replace the tranny. Yeah you are smart:rolleyes:, but dont worry maybe after you hit 50k and your on your 4th or 5th 20k tranny swap they will give you a break and put the 6th in for 18k lol. I dotn care how many times you drove the car, a fast piece of shit is still a piece of shit

The fact that we don't have a special box recording every detail of what we do is quite a big difference ;)

Not to mention, have you heard of something similar from Lamborghini, Aston Martin or Maserati? That would be a no...

This is what happens when a family sedan car company releases a high performance car.

Owners of those cars prolly wouldnt even blink at a 20k repair bill, they would just pay it and be done with it. Or those car companies know that they arent volume sellers and thus want to keep current customers happy. Nissan could care less about the happiness of their GTR owners, all the altima's, maxima's and sentra's they sell make up for all the unhappy GTR owners.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

Guest heightsgtltd

BS on those owners not caring about a 20K repair bill that shouldn't happen.

I agree that it appears that Nissan does not care about the happiness of their GTR owners

BS on those owners not caring about a 20K repair bill that shouldn't happen.

I agree that it appears that Nissan does not care about the happiness of their GTR owners

Well you cant call BS on it until you own one of those cars and have enough money so it doesnt matter. Lol i hope you get there one day, hell i hope i get there one day.:lol:

It depends how you set it up. If you have a 5,000rpms stall it will suck for DD, a nice 3k-3500 wouldnt be bad. Its a GM tranny made for RWD cars, its cheap, reliable, easy to fix and it can take alot alot of power, most 4 speed classic GM cars have it for street and track use. The turbo 350 is the 3 speed and can also be built to handle alot of power.

Why are all autos called slushboxes, in the world of racing autos can be built faster, more reliable, in turbo cars autos loose way less boost in between shifts, the can also build mad boost off the line with a stall unlike stick trannys. This is the only forum i have been on where autos are called slushboxs yet auto trannys can be made faster in everyway. And an auto with a stall and trans brake is pretty much unstoppable

the manual guys need something to "brag" about. they always forget how the gear ratios are completely different between the auto and m/t.

Man, I can't believe this!

This topic is being discussed in car forums all over the internet.

Let me ask you guys this- what is a Flagship car supposed to do for your brand?

a)generate brand loyalty and pride?

b)smear your company's reputation in car forums worldwide?

This is bad. Bad for the buyer and bad publicity for Nissan. For $70,000, they need to stand behind their product, particularly when the car is being pitched as a performance monster, and then quoted with numbers that are only attainable with this traction "vds" system turned off.

You know, I think Subaru ran into similar problems when they brought the WRX over to the States, didn't they? The newer WRXs quickly received a more flexible transmission, because the original ones were snapping under the presure of high rpm launches by new, and excited American car buyers.

By the time I warmed up to Subaru and bought a new '05 LGT from them, the salesman politely explained that the clutch could NOT be dumped at 6-grand, and he demonstrated it during the test drive (some sort of electronic safety limiter stuff).

SO, Nissan obviously will also be making corrections to this issue in the near future, I think I read on the Nissan forum that this 'vdc' thing will be gone by the 2010 model year.

In the meantime, they should stand by their flagship product, and not screw their best customers. What a nightmare.

By the time I warmed up to Subaru and bought a new '05 LGT from them, the salesman politely explained that the clutch could NOT be dumped at 6-grand, and he demonstrated it during the test drive (some sort of electronic safety limiter stuff).

No electronic mumbo jumbo he just didn't try hard enough :lol:, now Evo's on the other hand.....I like to call it factory installed lauch control.

Archived