LegacyGT.com

The GT-R is super fast, for a while

it is in the contract u sign and also in the warranty manual. that extended durations with VDC off is potential for voiding warranty.

VDC is only to be turned off if stuck in mud/snow/loose gravel situations as stated in there.

Your right it does say that, but to be able to drive the car fast you need to turn of VDC, VDc will limit you when takign turns hard and fast, when acceleratign hard. And you cant use launch control without turning VDC off. So basically to drive your sports car without being limited by VDC and let me tell you VDC does limit you on almost any form of sport driving is to void the warrenty.

I read a few posts back that someone said i would still want one cause im not a drag racer. VDC limits all types of driving not just drag, unless you plan on only doin straight line 60mph+ roll races the car is useless.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of the tests I have seen on the GT-R indicate that the "R" mode of the VDC is fairly liberal with what it lets you do, but it will still step in more than a race car driver might want.

Guess what, I am not a race car driver. I can admit that I can not drive up to the full potential of a car like that, so any help I can get from the car is appreciated.

If you think like that you will never get any better than you already are.

Maybe you dont care and thats fine. But when i win races of any kind i like to know its not all just the car, but that i actually did something aswell.

On a race track I can see your point, but on a really powerful street car, on the street I think I'll leave at least some of the nannies on. If not for my safety then for other motorists.

My hobbies are not really automotive related these days. I am first and foremost a competitive shooter, and that has always been my main hobby and pursuit. Add to the fact that my employer takes a very dim view of high risk behavior while operating a vehicle of any kind, and no race tracks anywhere close....

Oh I agree that it's BS the tranny frags itself when you use a designed in feature.

However I can also understand Nissan voiding warranty coverage for a car with VDC turned off all the time and then looking at the black box and discovering the car was getting the piss run out of it. Abuse is abuse, a manufacturer can't be held liable for idiots operating their products.

Nissan shouldn't void warranty coverage on the tranny's for using launch control as the feature can be easily used, but I think they can and should void warranty coverge for cars that are being abused. If Nissan wishes to not have to deal with destroyed trannys they should recal the GT-R and deactivate the feature.

Oh I agree that it's BS the tranny frags itself when you use a designed in feature.

However I can also understand Nissan voiding warranty coverage for a car with VDC turned off all the time and then looking at the black box and discovering the car was getting the piss run out of it. Abuse is abuse, a manufacturer can't be held liable for idiots operating their products.

Nissan shouldn't void warranty coverage on the tranny's for using launch control as the feature can be easily used, but I think they can and should void warranty coverge for cars that are being abused. If Nissan wishes to not have to deal with destroyed trannys they should recal the GT-R and deactivate the feature.

I'm going to say this again. IF the car is driven "improperly" (FOR GOD's SAKE THOUGH, IT IS BEING MARKETED AS A RACER), the C-L-U-T-C-H should go out first, NOT the tranny!

--

Again, it should be common sense.

If the tranny grenades, and the black box says VDC is off and records a ton of launches...then yeah its abuse.

But if the tranny goes, and the VDC has been off sparingly throughout the life of the vehicle, then some common sense needs to be used.

It sucks more because this is a high profile car that is meant to be driven hard...but driven hard and abused are two different things.

People need to be careful what they sign, and understand that with these black boxes they can't get away with being an asshat and have the car company pay for it.

I'm going to say this again. IF the car is driven "improperly" (FOR GOD's SAKE THOUGH, IT IS BEING MARKETED AS A RACER), the C-L-U-T-C-H should go out first, NOT the tranny!

--

Blah, blah, blah.

Are you an automotive engineer? Were you smart enough to design GT-R? Yeah that's what I thought.

Clearly you can't comprehend the awesomeness of GT-R. Don't make me put you on my ignore list.:rolleyes:

his legs dont look all that bad either. i would say ditch the Superman t-shirt and get a GT-R shirt, and he can get all da Menz.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

It's true a GT-R will get you laid, and it's also the best sports car money can buy for any price. The whole transmission thing is just something for haters to cling to while GT-R destroys the competition completely!

Why not just get a little older model of Skyline and drop all the cash you save over the new GT-R on POWAH...?

Besides, I think the new model looks a bit too much like the 350Z and G35...

Let the flaming begin..... ;)

Why not just get a little older model of Skyline and drop all the cash you save over the new GT-R on POWAH...?

Besides, I think the new model looks a bit too much like the 350Z and G35...

Let the flaming begin..... ;)

Because the older GT-R is right hand drive, and who wants to put up with that bullshit.

Besides the new car is much more capable, and durable. You frankly just don't understand GT-R.

Archived