LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Hope you're kidding!

Nope...I drive 65 miles per day for work, 97% in traffic...$55 to fill up with premium every 4 days sucks. $55 of regular will keep the Yaris going for 2+ weeks. Not that I can't afford the gas...I just don't want to send so much of my money to countries that want to destroy us...

Plus TRD makes some really nice parts should I ever dare to pimp it out!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb3/astroman87/2009%20Calendar%20Pics/eTiMaGo-1.jpg

company should ajust as fuel goes up

I DD my car for work and average 3-4 fill ups per week. I do get reimbursed completely for mileage which generally nets a profit for me when the expenses get paid out, but if this trend continues the way it is, there will be a certain point where the cost for fuel will overcome the expense reimbursments. When that day comes, I'll think about getting a different car. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy my time at work driving from place to place.

FYI bought the car in August 07' at 37,300 miles. I'm at 58,500 today!

21,200 in 8 Months!

if gas does go to $7/gallon

i might have to buy a tesla

:lol::lol::lol:

220 mi/charge and $100k...

I heard that they were coming out with a more modestly priced 4-dr though. I really hope that they make progress with that.

Curb weight: 2700lbs

Weight of battery: 1000lbs

lol

Remember when people were crying when it broke through $2.00?? lol :D

Even $2.50 sounds about nice right now :D

I remember when I first drove my civic, regular gas was 99 cents!

:eek:

And to fill the car up was about $10.

I used to be able to put 10 bucks in my V8 pickup truck and drive around town for the weekend, long as i didnt get on the highway and go to the diner at 3AM, that meant a 15 dollar gas budget for the weekend

I remember when I first drove my civic, regular gas was 99 cents!

:eek:

And to fill the car up was about $10.

seriously. i remember driving my ford explorer back in college. regular was .99cents. that was great. just about $20 to fill 'er up. Now i drive about 60 miles a day and fill 1/2 a tank every 4-5 days. i do the half tank also, so i don't really feel the $50 fill-up hits.

Plus TRD makes some really nice parts should I ever dare to pimp it out!

Forgot about the TRD suspension stuff... Wifey's Yaris is tinted with 16" Rota Torques and that's as far as she wants to go.

A stiffer suspension and manual transmission would make that car a lot more fun.

I think 6 bucks is when I'll start getting pretty irritated. People in other countries are paying $5/liter, so American's can't really complain that much yet. It's just different than we're used to, but if other countries can get used to it, we can too. I don't think it'll ever be $10 a gallon, I think the world will end before that happens. :lol:

My 95 Sentra, which i still own, would fill up all of her ginormous 12 gallon tank on just about 11 dollars.

*sigh*

The old girl is still running quite nicely and gets well over 30mpg, I think I averaged at around 34 in town?

When I moved here with my parents some 11 years ago I think, I remember a gallon of regular being 89 cents or so.

Well we are paying close to 5.40 US a Gallon based on conversion up here in Canada for 94 Octane. I would say if it gets to 8 gallon I would seriously have to think about another commuter car.

Does Canadia (sorry, couldn't resist) go with the RON/MON method of measuring octane, or is it like in Euroland where they display the RON alone. Or was it MON?

Same measurement as in the US which is for Sunoco Ultra94 and Shell Fuels.

Just spent $20 to fill up my lawn mower gas can. There was a guy filling up his Chevy 1 ton dump when I got there and he was still pumping when I left, after I waited in line for 5 minutes to pay. He had dual tanks and he was really pissed off. I was afraid he was going to do something violent.

When it gets to about $8/gal, then I might regret buying the Legacy GT, but I was well aware of what I was getting into when I bought the car. Luckily I only commute 10 miles each day, so it's not too expensive to drive.

I did trade in my '98 Chevy Prism when I bought my Legacy. That thing got about 32 on average w/ regular fuel. But it did take 12 seconds 0-60...oh the torture! :eek:

I have definitely changed my driving habits based on fuel costs. Now I fly back to NY rather than drive a bit more often. Other than that, I don't really care a whole lot. Once it hits $25/gallon I'll get worried.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. The higher gas prices go, the more MPG and fuel cost threads I have to weed through to find some useful information on all of the forums, so I guess I do care. :)

When it gets to about $8/gal, then I might regret buying the Legacy GT, but I was well aware of what I was getting into when I bought the car. Luckily I only commute 10 miles each day, so it's not too expensive to drive.

I did trade in my '98 Chevy Prism when I bought my Legacy. That thing got about 32 on average w/ regular fuel. But it did take 12 seconds 0-60...oh the torture! :eek:

the LGT doesn't do bad mileage like some trucks which do 7MPG or less... So those people are in trouble...

I traded in my gas guzzling ford lightning (12MPG) for my fuel efficent lgt, you talk like we drive gas guzzlers, mid 20's MPG is not bad I will not be giving up my lgt!!

Well thats your definition of "gas guzzler" I consider anything getting below the national average (which is around 27mpg last I heard) is a gas guzzler thus bringing down the average and worsening the situation. So theoretically your ford was a worse gas guzzler than your LGT but that is still not helping overall.

By 2020 anything below 35mpg will be considered a gas guzzler so I think my definition holds better (anything below the national average).

Archived