LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

this just in! Exxon, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, said fourth-quarter net income rose 14% to $11.66 billion, or $2.13 per share. Glad to hear they are earning $1,300 a second. :) They probably all need the petty cash more than us.

:)

Colbert FTW

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/05/09/who-knew-big-oil-is-non-profit/

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm 17, work at Staples and make 8.50 before taxes in Jersey, so figure around $7.80 after taxes? Prices for super increased about .60-.70 cents in a month. I'm shot. $40 bucks to fill up a little more then half a tank. Screw gassssss!!! I'm about to sell my car and ask my dad to buy me a 95 Civic. Oh he would be in heaven!

Prices just jumped in the last week here from a low of 3.75 to 4.05 for 93 oct premium. Its running me just over 50 large ones to fill up now. I'm still good with it until it approaches $80 and up to fill the tank. At that point I'd sell and get the highest mileage hybrid available around, at least 40 - 50 mpg avg.

makes me wish I had held on to the civic. I had the 1.3 liter 4Spd manual that got 39-42MPG.

Passing uphill on a mountain road was not an option but filling your 10 gallon tank twice a month was pretty sweet.

Oh well, still love the subi because it holds more shit than the civic and it rallies in the snow.

always remember, people in europe, uk, etc, arre paying almost 7-8 now, hahahaha damn french hahahahaha gonna be paying 15 when we pay 7, hahahahahahah!!!!!,

oh yea and my friends dad is running his car(honda) off of vegetable oil, crazy shyt*

I've Crashed My ROFLChopper into a LOLCanOhttp://legacygt.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16939&dateline=1230531251

ya know people always trying to remind me that people in europe pay $12,000 a gallon always remind me of the angry tow truck driver from mad TV. No matter how much you complain someone has to try and "top" your complaint.

I dont think we as americans should just sit back and say "oh well we're just gonna let the price go through the roof because somewhere in europe someone is having to mortgage their gas." Sometimes we have to take care of ourselves and get things in a comfort zone despite what other people elsewhere may be doing.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

It's at $1.28/L here in Ontario Can. I used to drive a Jeep YJ with 6" of lift and 32" tires....Not the most fuel friendly toy in the world.....But it was my daily driver. Now I bought a Subaru Legacy sedan. Much more easy on the wallet! I heard that in Germany they are running gas engines on hydrogen and creating nothing but water and O2 at the tailpipe.....? Why can't we do that?....Oh wait....Ya, the oil companies rule the world.....guess I forgot....

and how much does hydrogen cost? Dont we need some sort of special fuel system to contain it? How many hydrogen stations do you pass on your commute? How much fossil fuel does it cost to manufacture hydrogen fuel? How old a vehicle can be retrofitted for this? What about our cars? How much would it cost people to do the retrofit? The government would have to subsidize conversions through additional taxation that could very well do little for the economy unless done over a LONG period.

I'm not saying its not a good idea, but the only in production us hydrogen station I've heard of was one arnold cut the ribbon on in california somewhere. If we're gonna do this, by all means lets do it, but the questions above are only a SAMPLE of the problems an alternative fuel deployment has to face and thoroughly think through.

I'm curious also, will hydrogen cars procude MORE water than currently exists in the world? Would it evaporate and make more rain? If so I think we should deploy it in atlanta first :D

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I haven't hit my breaking point yet, i just started riding my bike to work, its about 6 miles and takes the same or less time because i can weave though traffic or cut through neighborhoods. The car gets used for trips more than 20 miles and when i need to carry alot of stuff. Problem is now i am eating a hell of a lot more food. Always a trade off...

Archived