LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

I just got this Email from my Amsoil Dealer. It talk about starting a good old Gas War. What do you people think. In my area ExxonMobil is the highest price gas in the 3 counties I travel threw. In my 100 mile round trip to work.

Mike

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $2.00

PER GALLON.

www.snopes.com is your friend so you don't look naive..

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

Short summary: other companies can't suddenly produce 25-30% more gasoline - they'll have to buy from Exxon and re-sell to you (at a markup) if you stop buying Exxon, to meet demand. Or, we get gas shortages and prices go through the roof like the 70s.. (also: just because the sign on the gas says Exxon doesn't mean the gas was actually REFINED/PRODUCED by Exxon - gas stations buy from each other all the time..)

The only thing that WORKS is: REDUCE consumption.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I own Subaru Legacy but i never thought i would join this forum. But after i have read all the stupid things you wrote i just had to join! I live in Croatia (it is a country in Europe near Italy, Italy is also country and Europe is a continent- unfortunately 99% of Americans dont know that).

Average monthly salary in Croatia is about 900$. One litre of gas is 2$. One litre is 0.27 gallon. What means that we pay for gallon 8,5$. And we live with that, we drive every day. There are lot of SUV's Audi Q7, A8, RS4, RS6, Porsche, Ferrari's and so on... One more thing about prices of new cars. If i would like to buy new Impreza STI here, i would have to pay 85 000$. Example super expensive Bentley Continental Gt in america is about 250 000 $. In Croatia is about 600 000$. Remember average monthly salary is 900$. SO STOP WHINING!!

P.S. In Venezuela (south america- continent) a gallon is 0,12$

and Eritrea (the poorest country in Africa) gallon =11$

Point taken, Joop... but let me ask you... how far do you drive to/from work?

How much do you drive a week, month, year?

Croatia is a fairly small country, with the exception of the coastline.

I drive 53 miles per DAY to get to/from work. You won't see me bitching... beacuse it won't do any good... but to simply compare prices isn't an equal evaluation. The US is much larger in area and people travel much more than they do in Europe.

BTW.. I have been to Europe (and Italy).... so don't make blanket statements as to how "stupid" Americans are.... :rolleyes:

Point taken, Joop... but let me ask you... how far do you drive to/from work?

How much do you drive a week, month, year?

Croatia is a fairly small country, with the exception of the coastline.

I drive 53 miles per DAY to get to/from work. You won't see me bitching... beacuse it won't do any good... but to simply compare prices isn't an equal evaluation. The US is much larger in area and people travel much more than they do in Europe.

BTW.. I have been to Europe (and Italy).... so don't make blanket statements as to how "stupid" Americans are.... :rolleyes:

Have you (beet:redface:) oops, beat:mad: ,I have 100 mile round trip to work & back.:eek: But the GT still puts a :):):) on my face every time I drive her:wub:.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I commute 66 miles a day. its all city driving the BEST I can get on my stg1 93 tune is 19.5 mpg in said commute. its stop and go for the entire commute both ways, speeds average from 25-50.

I filled up yesterday at $4.14 :(

I may try the economy tune. I'm just askeered of screwing up my ecu by doing it wrong somehow.. thats the only reason I've waited this long.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

when my new garage is done i am going to de-mod my LGT and trade it in on a new 09 Honda Civic Hybrid regular gas 40 city/45 highway.
Stay Stock Stay Happy

^^^^ let me now when or if you'll selling your parts. My GT is paid for. So I get 24mpg. It's still cheep to just put gas in her. Then pay car payment + gas + higher Ins.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

just had the pad poured yesterday framing will start in the next two weeks much to do trenching, electric, gas, etc, etc. the first of August is the target date will keep you boys posted.
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Premium is now only $.40 less than Diesal. If it breaks the $6.00 mark, I've already decided to get a diesal TSX which has a city/street combined avg of 50.4mpg. That's a range of nearly 900 miles on a single tank

unclemat, i'm not sure if you're a member of the Political Arena or not but i STRONGLY suggest you join it and keep you political views/rants out of the General Forums. any questions please feel free to pm me. :mad: bosco

if you want to join the Political Forum go into your User CP, then click on Group Memberships, and click on join Political forum. just to let you know the PA is a little more wide open than the general forums but the rules regarding threats, racism, swearing still stand. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

anyone seen a price spike this weekend? I went on vacation so I'm in an area where the gas is a lot cheaper than where I live.. so I dont know if its trending upwards still?

+1 happy memorial day BREAK OUT THE GRILLS!

+1 to bosco.. its hard to keep a topic like this off politics (especially with me involved cos I seem to drag the conversation in that direction too much.. and for that.. apologies.) check into the PA, its loads of fun.... or something..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Now that I have officially started paying $4.05/gallon I have been running the Cobb "Fuel Economy" map and keeping the tach under 3k and the speedo under 65

My last tank returned an AVG of 32 MPG!! Granted there was a lot of highway driving in there, but 32MPG aint bad at all!

I typically get between 18 - 21 with "normal" driving habits and Stage 1 map. Once gas hits 7 bucks a gallon i will probably consider buying a motorcycle again...

BTW Even in fuel economy mode it's still fast enough to smoke a Prius...:lol:

stay out of the left lane then. you and all the other a55 holes going slow as hell. i fricken HATE hwhy 99 around mukilteo-edmonds. it' s a 50mph zone and jack holes are going 40 and taking their sweet time doing it.

dunno about you all but i didn't get the gt to whine over gas prices. it's either we pay or not. i will keep paying so i can keep enjoying. you all are acting like you all are poor or something.

who here drinks and smokes their money to nothing?

who here has every feature on your phone/tv cable?

anyways... any of you plan on going slow stay out of the left lane please.

lol...91 octane Techron is $4.39 here in central california. I would sell my leggy but i only commute 3 miles daily to work so the gas prices are not killing me(yet).

i paid 4.25. after i took 99 and went up the road it was 4.49. so much for cali being "expensive".

stay out of the left lane then. you and all the other a55 holes going slow as hell. i fricken HATE hwhy 99 around mukilteo-edmonds. it' s a 50mph zone and jack holes are going 40 and taking their sweet time doing it.

dunno about you all but i didn't get the gt to whine over gas prices. it's either we pay or not. i will keep paying so i can keep enjoying. you all are acting like you all are poor or something.

who here drinks and smokes their money to nothing?

who here has every feature on your phone/tv cable?

anyways... any of you plan on going slow stay out of the left lane please.

I will whine over gas prices, I dont smoke, dont drink, I have basic phone, basic cable, almost all of my paycheck goes to the LGT for car payment, gas, ins, maint etc.

I am poor, and if gas prices keep on going up Imma be in the negative. When I bought my 08' in 08/07, I expected gas to go up, but its just crazy now. I remember my first few tanks of gas on the new car were under 40 bucks for 93oct. now Im paying close to 60. :mad: I definatly slowed down used to cruise @ 80mph on highway, now im sticking to 55mph the speedlimit or just 5 above to save gas. I even over inflated the junk RE92s to get me more mpg.

So next step is to remove all excess weight then and only run with as little fuel in the tank as possible to keep the weight down.

Next time you change tires, check which alternative that offers the least drag.

Skip using the AC, sweat it out instead! ;)

At least you haven't passed $100 for a tank yet - I have on my Legacy...

453747.png

haha.. right.. I have pulled my foot out of it a bit but I will not consider turning off my a/c or reducing weight. I'll replace it with something more effiicient before I'll do that.

i have no breaking point, atleast soon the US will be almost on par with the rest of the world, which i welcome. i cannot wait to see the day when there are no more huge SUVs everywhere, eyesores on wheels

Archived