LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Soon the price I have to pay... Was SEK 12.99 per liter the other day... That's US$ 2.165/liter... Which in turn is US$8.22/Gallon... And the traffic is as bad as ever over here anyway.

Seems to me that people cut down on a lot of other things first before giving up the car...

I lived in the UK, and the price is about $14 per gallon (regular)!!! It has been that way allways. In Europe gas prices are much higher than in the USA. But the insurance is not as insaine as in this country... :eek:

Paid $3.82 for 87 today, highest eva for me!

Got 423miles(70% highway) with 13.7gallons, so 30.9mpg (carputer displayed 32.1)

Far from my breaking point but this price is 50cents higher than what I paid Last month! So the price is growing exponentially.

$3.89 for 91 octane Mobil today. Not at my breaking point yet, but I have only 5.2 miles to work. Trouble is when I do reach my breaking point no one will want to buy my car, so I am in it for the long haul I guess.
It is still ugly.

Did some lighter driving past 2 days with about 80% on the highway. Stayed in 'I' mode and cut my normal hwy cruise speed by about 15 mph(65mph) . Dash MPG was 29.7mpg. :D Got a 08' Stg1 LGT 5MT.

Biking in New Haven = No no.... lots of traffic + crazy drivers + horrible side walks + hilly + i need to cross a highway bridge to get over + considering all factors the ride would take about 2-3hrs each way and severely reduce my life expectancy!

I'm not at my breaking point financially but I am politically. All this unproven science is hurting us more than most people realize (global warming). CAFE standards, emmision restrictions, and other regulations (you name it) are hurting us financially. It costs us more to drive a car with these emmision system (less mpg). If we took out these very retrictive parts of the car we could easily see 10%+ mpg improvement. Plus we would pay less for the car it's self with out these expensive parts. The CAFE standards are going to cost us more for a simillar car than we pay now. This is due to all the R & D needed to achive a few better mpg's at a premium price, and at the same time this will not improve the price of gas. Taxing the "oil co's" as alot of people would like to do will hurt more than help. The oil co's will just increase the price to cover the tax or sell less so they don't get taxed as much. Either way we are paying more. The only concrete way to improve the price we pay at the pump is do drill our own oil and increase refinery capacity. And in the mean time Mexico is drilling in the Gulf for their own oil with very lose restrictions. We could be doing the same with safer restrictions for the environment due to our advanced technology. This goes the same throughout the country as well as the oil shale out west. Sorry for the long post just venting. And by the way when Bill C. had the opportunity to drill in 98' we'd be tasting the sweet price of low fuel as we type!!!

this is my buddy's screen name but ive just been reading. I drive a mustang and honestly i told myself when gas reaches 6/gallon i have no choice but to sell and unfortunately buy a civic *gulp* screw this im not supporting gas tycoons terrorism and war

^^^ +1

Everyone want cheeper energy, BUT noone wants it in there "back yard".

Mike

The places that are subject for drilling are in noones back yard. If very few. I would be glad to place it by my house if we can get the whole country cheaper fuel from people who do not want to kill us. not just that but the amount of jobs it would create would really help the economy.

The price of Premium gasoline vs Regular doesn't really bother me that much. It costs about $0.20 more per gallon so that costs me about $3.50 more @ each fill-up. I fill-up about once every 2 weeks. So that's really only a difference of about $95 per year. I can live with that.

Archived