LegacyGT.com

Gas Prices...what's your breaking point?

The price of Premium gasoline vs Regular doesn't really bother me that much. It costs about $0.20 more per gallon so that costs me about $3.50 more @ each fill-up. I fill-up about once every 2 weeks. So that's really only a difference of about $95 per year. I can live with that.

I do not think ANY of us complain about the 20 cent difference between the gasoline grades. It is the 2 dollar per gallon increase in 1 year that gets us. Because I am quite certain most of us make the same money as last year - our salaries have not gone up accordingly. And it is not just gas itself...it is the entire ******* cost of living - from foods & drinks to shampoo and movie rentals to rent and mortgage.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The places that are subject for drilling are in noones back yard. If very few. I would be glad to place it by my house if we can get the whole country cheaper fuel from people who do not want to kill us. not just that but the amount of jobs it would create would really help the economy.

Ya, I know what you mean. If we really want to dill in some of these "off limints" places. We need to elect the poeple in office that think like we do.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

politicians that think like we do? I dont think any of those exist anymore.. :(

we're too caught up in this supposed climate change or global warming or whatever else you want to call it when the 1st name was proven to be an incorrect theory. We have to save the polar bear because god knows we're the only species that can adapt to anything, we cant disturb the mating habits of caribou cos then they wont screw on the ice plains of alaska.. and then were will this planet be without a caribou?

I'm all for making sure that we as humans dont destroy our planet, but at the same time while the alternative energy is busy cooking in the oven, lets have an appetizer of some extra drilling to wet our appetites. I think its funny that people who take the "NIMBY" attitude are the same ones that want all kinds of legislation about how many trees you can cut down and what type of light bulb you can use.. why are a few people with AMAZING coastal views that would be able to see an oil rig off shore from their back yard making the desicions on this one?

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

paid 3.85 at hte pump today. its been over 50$ a fill up for the last couple of weeks...

i would stay clear from bjs gas. ive heard horror stories.

i bet motorcycle sales will do well this summer.

my 2 cents on the monopoly/oligopoly... who cares? its all about collusion at this point. that being said, US gas prices are finally reaching standards where the EU and Asia have been for decades. I remember paying $1.50 a liter in Korea growing up.

this just in! Exxon, the world's largest publicly traded oil company, said fourth-quarter net income rose 14% to $11.66 billion, or $2.13 per share. Glad to hear they are earning $1,300 a second. :) They probably all need the petty cash more than us.

Today's news here says that the gas price should be doubled to save the environment, so it will end up at US$17/gallon... Today's price is SEK 13.40/liter... US$8.50/gallon...

So I'm happy that I have a bicycle...

453747.png

I'm a hypocrite. So in the time since I started this thread where I was bitching about gas prices here in Cali and contemplating my breaking point, I've purchased a new uppipe, gutted my stock downpipe, flashed to Stage 2, and then made a deal for some 18x8 Crimson K6 wheels with a local guy parting out his LGT. I'm not leaving my LGT anytime soon, no matter how high gas prices go.

please dont forget everyone.. the oil companies clear about 7 cents on every $1 of sales. The government clears about 18 cents on every gallon of sales, the gas station gets something like 25 cents on every gallon of sales.

These numbers might not be 100%, I remember looking it up but its been a few weeks.

I'm not saying its not the oil companies (7 x 4 is still more than what the govt is taking) but I'm just saying theres a thing called profit MARGINS, and there are also a rather wide distribution that results in our price.

That being said.. I paid $3.97/gal this morning :mad::mad:

getting a democrat in the drivers seat will do NOTHING GOOD AT ALL. kthx.. ignore that if you want, but both major party's politicans are so in the tank for big interests these days they dont even seem to give a crap what anyone of us peons are saying anymore.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

please dont forget everyone.. the oil companies clear about 7 cents on every $1 of sales. The government clears about 18 cents on every gallon of sales, the gas station gets something like 25 cents on every gallon of sales.

These numbers might not be 100%, I remember looking it up but its been a few weeks.

I'm not saying its not the oil companies (7 x 4 is still more than what the govt is taking) but I'm just saying theres a thing called profit MARGINS, and there are also a rather wide distribution that results in our price.

getting a democrat in the drivers seat will do NOTHING GOOD AT ALL. kthx.. ignore that if you want, but both major party's politicans are so in the tank for big interests these days they dont even seem to give a crap what anyone of us peons are saying anymore.

ummmm 7+18+25= $.50, where is the other %50 going or coming from?

and I think its the gas station owner that makes $.07 to the dollar...not the oil company...they most likely get the 25 if not more......

When everybody says drill into Alaska... where I live in North Dakota, there was a geologist (now dead) Leigh Price. He was doing research into the Bakken Shale in the Western Part of North Dakota and parts of Montana. He estimated around 200 to 400 billion barrels of oil, way more than AK has. I think USGS says around 2 to 4 billion are recoverable with current technology. But I'm telling you all, I've seen alot of oil wells sprouting up in the middle of nowhere (there are some landowners who have mineral rights on their land get a check from the oil companies,last I heard was 1.6 million every month:eek:) So there has been alot of development from the last 10 months. If u want to read about it just google Oil In ND or Bakken Shale. Alot of interesting things.

the gas station owners make maybe $.10/gal. I know several gas station owners, both private owners and franchise owners. it's very very minimal. Most of it is taxes.

and yes, here, we are the first to hit $4.00+ avg for 87 oct.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

algae biofuel? sounds promising... I'm all for some sort of fix.. even if it doesn't effect my car if it eases the strain on oil (like UPS's recent order of a ton of hybrid trucks) then it should ease the pains at least in the short term.

ya know people always act surprised when I tell them my car's fuel econ. They think 4cyl=at least 25mpg city.. I cant get it better than mid 19s city.. I dont even know the price of 87 anymore heh.

My next door neighbor just reached his (daily driver) breaking point. Gone is the first year 4-door G35 and in its place is a new 4-door Civic. Just so you don't get the wrong idea, in the garage is a recently acquired '67 911 with $12k of just completed engine/tranny work and will get a full body & interior resto this coming fall.
It is still ugly.

Archived