LegacyGT.com

370Z info

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would def wait a while and see how the 7 speed auto holds up before buying one. And i hope the 6 speed manual has changed because i have always heard from 350z owners that there 3rd and 6th gears start to grind after 20kmiles, and a couple of the owners are on there 2nd trannys and 1 of them is already starting to hear grinds again after 15kmiles. And this kid drives way nicer than me and stores his 350 during winter.

I would agree that most people will have some trouble getting out of the 13s. But i have personally seen 07 350zs go 13.1 all day long. So 200 lbs lighter and those same drivers would have gone 12.8-12.9 now factor in 30more hp and there is a good chance to see some 12.6s or so.

I'm going to be looking at buying a true sports car next year.

370Z vs a used 06-07 C6 will be interesting choice.

Corvette is most likely faster straight line, gets better MPG for sure(oil prices are unpredictable), is better looking in my opinion

Z will outhandle it with a new suspension, is a better driver's car, has better interior(especially with navy and leather)quality.

Prices will be somewhat comparable, with used Corvette being few grands cheaper

The ECU only needs to know what gear you are shifting down to, which just means a sensor on the gear shift. It already knows the mph so if you give it the gear it will know what rpm it needs to be at. Then it's simply using the e-throttle to hold the rpm until the clutch is engaged. Fairly straight forward in concept but I wonder how smooth it would be.

It is called light weight fly wheel. I've had it for about 1 year. Rev matching has't been the same.

I'm going to be looking at buying a true sports car next year.

370Z vs a used 06-07 C6 will be interesting choice.

Corvette is most likely faster straight line, gets better MPG for sure(oil prices are unpredictable), is better looking in my opinion

Z will outhandle it with a new suspension, is a better driver's car, has better interior(especially with navy and leather)quality.

Prices will be somewhat comparable, with used Corvette being few grands cheaper

How do you know the z will out handle the vette? Have you driven both, no you havent lol.

If you test drive the Z and like it way more than the vette then i would wait a year or two after the 370z comes out. There may be some problems they need to work out or even just weak components that they will upgrade 1 or 2 years later. I can tell you the 350z 6 speed cant take much of a beating, and i can also tell you the 6 speed in the vette can as i had 430rwhp and around 540whp(on spray) goin though my stock t-56 6 speed with just an upgraded clutch and flywheel, never had any problems in 25kmiles with that setup.

It seems everyone thinks that way. I read all the time how people say the vette is better straight line. Have any other people ever actually driven a c6. I have and can tell you it feels alto better than a 350z, i know the 370z is supposed to be better but the only way to tell is to drive one, make your list of pros and cons after you test both the cars.

The Vette and Z are not in the same class, any comparison is far-fetched.

Why are they not in the same class? 2 seats, light weight, hatch trunks, RWD, 6 speed manual, front engine sports cars. How are they not in the same class, the price? The non z06 vette new starts in the mid 40s, the 370z will start damn close to 40s if not low 40s im sure.

Why are they not in the same class? 2 seats, light weight, hatch trunks, RWD, 6 speed manual, front engine sports cars. How are they not in the same class, the price? The non z06 vette new starts in the mid 40s, the 370z will start damn close to 40s if not low 40s im sure.

The 370z will start at $29,930.

Wow, thats alot cheaper than i thought. Eitherway there in the same class as far as the car goes, the pricetag is off a bit but in terms of type of car/powertrain there real close. I would put the legacy in the same class as some audis that are priced almost 20kmore than our cars.

It might be the coolest car ever but with 332 hp at 7,000 rpm and 270 lb-ft of torque at 5,200 rpm it isn't going to feel all that quick on the street.

http://www.g37driver.com/images/g37-dyno.jpg

I am NOT saying it is slow ( after it is related to the G T-R so it has to be fast !) But after reading this thread I thought it was the second coming of the sports car so I did some research.

What do you expect for $30k in a new sports car?

It wasn't too long ago. that kind of power was super expensive highend sports car power. Although, I do wish it was a 100 lbs lighter...

Also, nissan usually updates their cars at least every 2-3 years. I don't think the power rating will stay static for its entire production run;). Hopefully, the weight doesn't bloat up overtime.

A Miata is similar but you wouldn't rate it in the same class as the Vette, would you :) The Vette is faster and handles better. It is lighter and size-wise different as well. It is a competitor to a completely different class of cars, unlike the Nissan Z which more or less you see in tests head to head with Audi TT, BMW Z, etc.

If the Nissan Z and Vette would be direct competitors of the same class, then by admission so is the GT-R, which would mean the GT-R is a competitor to the Z and this would effectively be an overlap on Nissan's part which would cannibalize sales. If there's one thing that car manufacturers are careful about is their production line, distinction, differentiation, etc.

If you are still left unconvinced, then consider the target audience the Nissan Z has always been for, and then compare to the Corvette. I will leave it up to you to find out.

The corvette c6 and c6z06 are in a different class, which is why i would say the base c6 with the 400hp ls2 would be a good match up for the 370z. Noone compares the base c6 to the GTR, becasue the GTR would spank it in everything and thats why the GTR is compared to the z06 and ZR-1

The Z has always been Nissan sporty answer to the Camaro, Mustang etc...

Nissan apparently benchmarked the new Z to go up against the Porsche Cayman.

So, I would this will end being compared to the new Camaro, Mustang, Cayman, BMW M coupe, RX-8, Koenigsegg CCX, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, New Toyota/Subaru coupe thingamajig.

Archived