LegacyGT.com

370Z info

350Z is better than that...

But Nissan, who can pen cars like the G35 and G37 coupes, and previously the 300ZX, can do better than the 350Z, and certainly a hell of a lot better than the 370Z renderings posted here.

But considering the botched Maxima, the fussy Altima, boring Versa, the ugly-as-sin Murano, and the psychotic FX50, maybe not...

Maybe car design has taken a terrible turn in general.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the hell???

I hope you are talking about the G35 sedan getting the VVEL 3.7 engine...

Because the Coupe is ALREADY a G37.

You may want to be more specific.

IF the coupe is now a g37 then the only g35 left is the sedan.

i must be talking about the g35.

in short...yes. the sedan getting the 3.7l engine.

Maybe you are two years behind the times... I dunno. :D

being truthful

never considered the coupe by the time i was getting my gt. considered the 07 g35 but couldnt get past the 36k tag. figured get the gt and just mod what i see fit when i want it. so far things are ok.

have read about the coupe since it got the 3.7 and it doesn't beat the 335. no interest in it what so ever. so yeah, i don't keep up with it.

now a g37 sedan in 2010 sounds good. the gt will be old to me by then and i should be able to put the newer costs together. unless they somehow dumb it down it will prolly be more of a car then the gt will be by that time.

have read about the coupe since it got the 3.7 and it doesn't beat the 335.

It beats the 335i in two areas in my book, price and looks. It's about $4000 cheaper and it's a better looking car IMHO.

As a former 350Z owner all I can say is wow...not! I have seen these images out for a bit and never had a chance to post about them. It is a half a$$ job on nissans part! This is a ba$terd child! In my introduction thread I said that I will buy another Z one day! It def will not be this Z. I really hope the supra comes back, because I could never love a Z like that.

Just like every other nissan, this one will be overpriced.

I disagree. Nissan generally has pretty good $/performance ratio. GT-R is the obvious example. If the 370Z comes in with 330 hp, ~3000 lbs and at $35k as reported, it's a pretty damn good performance bargain. The power to weight ratio is better than both the STI and Evo at about the same price.

It wont be 35k, the base 350z comes in right around 30k and the best version is right about 39k. So the best fully loaded 370z will probably be over 40k, if they offer a nismo version. Convertable is usually about 3-4grand more so it could be close to 45k if they offer a vert. Also did they explain how the car will have a bigger engine but weigh a couple hundred pounds less? If they used new light weight parts that will also bring the price up. I like the 350z, its a nice looking car and im sure the 370 will be nice and hopefully not look like the pics you posted.

It wont be 35k, the base 350z comes in right around 30k and the best version is right about 39k. So the best fully loaded 370z will probably be over 40k, if they offer a nismo version. Convertable is usually about 3-4grand more so it could be close to 45k if they offer a vert.

I have no doubt a loaded 370Z or the Nismo version could be over 40k but a base 370Z certainly could come in at 35k or less. For one thing the Infiniti G37 starts at $34.5k. So you are telling me Nissan will be selling the base 370Z more than the base G37?! :lol:

Also did they explain how the car will have a bigger engine but weigh a couple hundred pounds less? If they used new light weight parts that will also bring the price up.

Well, maybe it's because the 370Z will be a much smaller car than the 350Z. You should read the info in the thread first...

I dont enjoy comparing base cars, why buy a brand new car and buy the very base version. I will read more up on it but i dont see how to make a small 2 seater car even smaller. Its not liek the 350 is a huge car by any means

Shorter wheelbase, and shorter overhangs, mostly.

The 350Z isn't huge, but it is bigger than other two-seaters, like S2000. It isn't drastically different than the cayman/boxster size, and those cars have engine and seats inside the wheelbase, not actually ON an axle, like most front engined cars do. Even if the Cg of 350Z's engine is behind the geometrical axle line from hub to hub, the front of the engine is still between those hubs.

the rear axle of the 350Z could probably be moved a couple inches forward without impacting space for the two seats. (something that can NOT be done for the G37, with rear seats.), and if the over-hangs get shorter, the whole car gets smaller, and less material means lighter, especially if the doors are a bit shorter, which helps stiffness, and cuts lots of layers of material and door strength materials.

I dont enjoy comparing base cars,

That's fine, but you still got to do an apple to apple comparison. You can't compare the base STI/Evo to a loaded Nismo convertible 370Z that's $45k and say it's not as good of a bargain. You can certainly check the STI's options list and get it over $42k.

When did i ever compare a STI/evo, i think both the new versions are goin down hill. As for moving the Zs rear wheels up, that would take aways the storage space behind the seats making it and even more impractical car. It has almost no space as is. I actually raced my buddys evo 8 this past weekend and he was left wanting against the legacy

When did i ever compare a STI/evo, i think both the new versions are goin down hill.

You didn't, but I did and my point is that the 370Z could be a better performance bargain than the STI or Evo.

You were contending that 370Z won't be that good of a bargain because a loaded Nismo convertible would be $45K. If STI and Evo are going down hill as you said, please do point out other cars that you think are good bang for the buck competitions for the 370Z.

Im not saying it isnt a good bang for the buck either, i never said that lol, but the G8 GT/GXP, the challenger will come in right around 40k with 425hp and the new hemi coming soon is said to have 475hp. The g8 GT at 29900 is a great deal, good gas mileage handling,most pwoerful car under 30grand yes its 3900lbs but its also a 4 door and can be used in a practical sense. The 350z is for a a guy with no family who lives in a nice almost snow free climate. Now there gonna make it even smaller and less practical. All im saying is most people are gonna want something with a little more wow factor if they are gonna buy a second car than a 350z and they arent practical as DDs.

Archived