LegacyGT.com

370Z info

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The design is very anime inspired, in another word very Japanese. I like it. I'm tired of all the jelly bean euro wannabe and "we can't come up with something new so we are dusting off the '60's" designs out there.

You been watching too much Top Gear Australia. :lol: Which BTW is just awful... I hope Top Gear USA is better.

No. I just owned a 3rd gen Altima and still post on Nissan boards :lol:

Want me to give you a concrete design quality example? On cold winter mornings sometimes I'd hear a rattle coming from, sometimes, my left and sometimes my right A-pillar. Could never figure out wtf was going on. Then I got t-boned and the car was totaled. Upon the side airbags deploying, the a-pillar cover blew off and I finally tracked down the source of the rattle. It was a plastic hose meant to be the drain for the sunroof. The damn thing was not wrapped in any sort of insulation or anything else so when it was cold, it would harden up and rattle inside the holders. I won't even comment on the cheap interior quality that was on par with a 92 Saturn or the stellar performance of what they call traction control. And I have more.

• 2 weeks later...

370Z officially rated at 332 hp based on LA auto show press release. It can be had with 7-spd auto or 6-spd manual. The 6-sped manual comes with synchronized rev-matching downshift! :eek: I guess heel-toe is no longer necessary...

Nissan 370 Z

The all-new 2009 Nissan 370Z, the first full redesign of the iconic Nissan Z since its reintroduction as a 2003 model, solidifies the strengths of its predecessor with an unmatched balance of performance, style and value. Nearly every piece and component of the 370Z has been rethought or redesigned, including a shorter wheelbase, greater use of lightweight body materials, larger engine with 26 more horsepower, a new 7-speed automatic transmission and the world’s first synchronized downshift rev matching system for the 6-speed manual transmission. Performance has been enhanced with a more rigid body structure, better power-to-weight ratio and a new 332 horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control.

370Z officially rated at 332 hp based on LA auto show press release. It can be had with 7-spd auto or 6-spd manual. The 6-sped manual comes with synchronized rev-matching downshift! :eek: I guess heel-toe is no longer necessary...

I wonder if we could get that impleneted with the AP?

2 more hp?

Lame. I wonder what the curb weigt will be, if Nissan weighs their cars like BMW(euro, uladen BS), it will probably weigh 2000 lbs:lol:.

how can the ecu know to rev match on downshifts in a stick car? is that new tech or just something that went over my head in terms of news announcements?

The ECU only needs to know what gear you are shifting down to, which just means a sensor on the gear shift. It already knows the mph so if you give it the gear it will know what rpm it needs to be at. Then it's simply using the e-throttle to hold the rpm until the clutch is engaged. Fairly straight forward in concept but I wonder how smooth it would be.

You would be correct. I know of no other car with this capability on a manual transmission. If there was one, I'm sure they would be barred from claiming they are the first to do it, or at least refrain from it out of fear of being dragged publicly through the mud. But then again, we look at the GT-R and ... ;)

maybe it only turns on if u push the "sport" button..... haha

but i can see how it can be very annoying in traffic or hwy cruising

i just thought it was neat, cause it is the first manual i've seen offer this. usually it is the auto or manumatic trans that do this stuff.

This is going to be one seriously fast car.

The MY07' 350Z had a new redesigned VQ35HR with 306hp/268tq, 3350lb, I've seen this thing dyno'd at 265rwhp/225rwtq and ran 13.3-13.6sec 1/4mile.

The 08' G37 with the same engine that Z will have, puts down 285rwhp/230rwtq, also if you factor in that 370Z supposed to come in at 3150lb, Z should do 1/4mile under 13sec easy, I'd say 12.8sec 1/4 will be within reason. That is a heck of a performance for $30-35K car, plus you know this thing will handle much better, now that the suspension is redesigned and the weight is down 200lbs.

Archived