LegacyGT.com

370Z info

The Z has always been Nissan sporty answer to the Camaro, Mustang etc...

Nissan apparently benchmarked the new Z to go up against the Porsche Cayman.

So, I would this will end being compared to the new Camaro, Mustang, Cayman, BMW M coupe, RX-8, Koenigsegg CCX, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, New Toyota/Subaru coupe thingamajig.

I would rather see it compared to cars with no back seat but the camaro would be good competition. If your gonna put it up against the new camaro theny why not the vette though? The new camaro has 422hp the base vette 400 and the camaro is supposed to be released with a 550hp engine like the CTS-v. So if they compare the Z to that then the vette would def be in that range.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the only reason I say Camaro, is because I assume the new Camaro will be closer to $30k then $40k.

There was a time when the Z(Z32) was compared to the Corvette. I think Nisaan has aimed the current Z and new one slightly down market. However, that was when the Japanese thought they could sell $40k sports cars during a recession:lol:

Go with the 7 speed automatic

Slush box is not my thing but I have heard the 7-spd in the 370Z/G37 is very nice. IIRC LGT's 5EAT is sourced from a division of Nissan, so it's possible that the next gen LGT could have the same 7-spd auto.

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad in the end the total weight loss was only 95 lbs.

I bet the nice interior cost the Z quiet a few lbs. Swapping out the stock 18/19 wheels for a set of forged 18's will probably save some nice unsprung weight.

A Stage 2 LGT ought to hold a Z at it's rear.

Phew!

:D

Or maybe not if the heaviest will truly come in under 3300-3400lb.

IIRC R&T's first drive in Japan put the acceleration times at 5.1s for 0-60 and 13.7s for 1/4 mile. Those times sound a little conservative to me but either way stage 2 LGT should do fine against the 370Z.

• 2 weeks later...

370Z pricing info.

Beginning today, you can place orders for the 2009 Nissan 370Z with a starting MSRP of $29,930 in six-speed manual trim or $31,230 with the new seven-speed automatic gearbox. Option up for the Touring model with the manual transmission and you'll need to set aside $34,460 or $35,760 with the auto 'box.

More importantly, Nissan has finally priced the Sport Package at $3,000, which includes 19-inch RAYS wheels, Bridgestone Potenza rubber, front and rear spoilers, upgraded brakes, viscous LSD and the much-ballyhooed SyncroRev Match. The Navigation Package will set you back another $1,850 and comes with an iPod interface and 9.3-gig "Music Box Hard Drive." As we said in our First Drive, forget about the luxuries, plunk down the coin for the Sport Pack and pick up the NISMO diff and transmission coolers if you plan to hit the track.

C&D's "street start" 5-60mph numbers are generally slower than a 0-60mph number.

They just stomp on the gas with the clutch out, and at low RPMs, it doesn't pick up all that quick. From a dead stop, it's more of a drag start with some RPM, and slipping the clutch or spinning the tires a bit, which is quicker...

A slower rolling start number is very common. High performance AWD turbocharged vehicles see dramatic defecits on the rolling start vs. standing start. Sometimes as much as two seconds. I'm sure the 370Z was not designed as a stump puller, so it probably takes some revs to make decent power. It isn't going to have much for rpm at a brisk walking pace, even in first gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the San Jose Auto Show and saw the car in person. It was blue, and I thought it was gorgeous:wub:. The back end is shortened and the dual exhaust placement and the whole back end design looks fantastic. Side view is also much more dynamic now, the lines flow much better that the older one. Front end didn't really changed much.

The selling point for me, was the upgrade of the interior, the one shown at the show had the infinity dash/infocenter with navy, and all the other gadgets. Before, I hated the dash it was a 350z that felt like Altima inside , all cheap and plasticky, now its a 370z that feels like a G37 inside materials wise.

The only downside was the price, all maxed out on options(Performance, Appearance, Tech packages) it was right around $40K.

Archived