LegacyGT.com

Pontiac G8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh i wish there was an awd version, I can't use the g8 up here with all the snow and especially with all the black ice we get up here.

As stated above, driving in snow is all about thright tires. I actually prefer RWD over FWD because if my tires start to slip at least I can still steer. with FWD you are along for the ride at that point. Of course AWD is still the best ;)

I saw a brand new G8 yesterday on the interstate down here in Roanoke, VA. It was white and very clean (dealer tags) - probably someone taking a test drive.

These things are very nice looking, quad tipped exhaust, beautiful symmetry. I have to hand it to Pontiac, they did a nice job with this car.

Yeah, its the most powerful car under 30k, so how much did the total come to Neelnug? Im thinking its over 30k after all is said and done. But im curious casue my girlfriend really likes them and is thinking of picking one up and trading in her GSX.

They support Holden money-wise, but when the research, design, etc. was done by Company X and their product is a simple rebrand with company Y, credit is still due to X.

Ditto for the Pontiac GTO. Difference is, I actually liked that car more, not sure why. That certain lack of personality but with a kick-ass engine did it for me :) Not to mention cheap to boot and nice on the inside.

When/if Toyota releases a Toyota/Scion/Lexus-branded vehicle with a Subaru AWD or Boxer, it'll still be a subaru AWD or Boxer.

Well aware of it, same story with the GTO that had the LS2 in it. I guess I'm more sensitive to this deal because I've read what went into the making of the Goat too [they tried countless exhaust systems to get the right note, for example], just seems unfair to solely credit Chevy.

It is unfair, and i dont give jus GM credit, i know it was holden design and it was holden who put it all together. But the heart of the beast is GM. The only reason i mentioned the engine is because you said if toyota made a car with subaru AWD or ENGINE then its a subaru, well this car has a gm engine and tranny, with holden design and drivetrain. So its a mixed matched mut

Holden is actually called Holden GM. You cannot split the two.

Holden GM is bankrolled by GM and is owned by GM. GM is the reason, holden is still there. Not many one car companies survive today.

It's an American owned Australia car maker to make it simple.

Well I have about a year and a half of payment left on my LGT. When it paid off I will be getting a G8 GXP. :) My wife works at a Pontiac dealer so I can get it at her price. The main reason I haven't got one yet is that I just got 20g and supporting modds and I want to see what it can do and i was waiting the GXP.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Archived